Good driving advice!

RadX

To follow up from bad advice, here’s good advice:

1. Wave to say thank you when being given way to

2. use hazard lights briefly to say thank you (Japan practices )

3. When driving on nsh, high beam to inform opp road users of mata ambush(contentious)

ok add on

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

Just now, Soya said:

Stay clear of hantu considered good advice or not?

What time of day? And whr?

Keep left when theres a car behind going faster than you, no matter which lane/speed limit.

Edited by Dannnn
  • Praise 7

34 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

refrain from ogling at VC boobs :inlove:

1st car VC - Stop looking at the girl running across the pedestrian crossing.

2nd car Driver - how I wish to be at the line.

Pedestrian - the bus approaching....5 secs left....better run.

Cars behind.....honking...

Green light Liao!

Edited by Atonchia
  • Haha! 3

43 minutes ago, RadX said:

To follow up from bad advice, here’s good advice:

1. Wave to say thank you when being given way to

2. use hazard lights briefly to say thank you (Japan practices )

3. When driving on nsh, high beam to inform opp road users of mata ambush(contentious)

ok add on

In SG of flick high beam....

The cars in front may do brake checks 🤦🤣🤣.

My advice

If need to do Scandinavian flick to make a U-turn into a 3 lane road. Or cannot keep within lane on straight roads...

Please get a refresher lesson in driving school on S-bends. 

• Haha! 3

There is a stick located near your steering wheel that let's other drivers know what you intend to do, by way of fancy blinky orange lights on your car.

Use it - someone once had an argument with me, why signal when no one is around you?

My reply was that signaling isn't for who you know is around you, but who you might NOT know is around you!

Edited by Macrosszero
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

When going out from side road to main road which is dual direction road, check both directions of course, but final check for blindspots and front obstacle for the direction you are turning to. 

Do not face one way and turn the other way without doing the final check above. 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Phluvcat said:

When going out from side road to main road which is dual direction road, check both directions of course, but final check for blindspots and front obstacle for the direction you are turning to. 

Do not face one way and turn the other way without doing the final check above. 

Alot cyclist and pedestrian just walk in front of ur car and assumed u saw them

• Praise 1

Best advices collectively from my 4 driving instructor that's stuck with me for a long time till today :

1. Treat all road drivers as idiots.

(That way, you will ALWAYS be alert for whatever and wherever.) 

2. Check rear view mirror regularly and "know" roughly (instinctively) how many cars/vehicles behind and on which lanes. At a glance. Agarration. 

Basically, to be aware of one's surrounding. Over the years, can actually "count" in the mind which bike/car/lorry is at which lane. 

3. Check blind spots by turning your neck. He says won't fall off one. It's TRUE!!!

Oh, always make sure car/vehicle infront has moved off first. No use how skilled you are at filtering out if that idiot not moved off yet. 

4. Signal once you confirm lane filtering out to is clear. Not signal then check that lane is clear. Filter out as soon as safe and not drag the distance. Some cars take forever to filter into lane, like waiting for an impatient driver/rider to hit them. 

5. Look at least 10 cars ahead.

(This advice often helped me  to signal early n filter out when I spied a road diversion or an accident scene ahead. 

Some cars can continue driving right up to last minute machiam they can't see beyond their own bonnet. Yes, they often end up stuck.)

I only passed at my 4th driving test attempt, hence, I have many memories of having the advices repeated to me. 

Then it was much like nagging.

Over time, these taught me to be a more alert and calm driver. Better be when everyone else is an idiot. 

You guys may remember this sentence in the basic /advanced theory books, iirc "keep/maintain the current speed of vehicles on the road".

I always interpret it as keeping to the speed flow of current traffic, not too slow, not too fast, just move with the flow.

😂😂😂 Neither be a road hog nor a tailgater. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

• Praise 6

2 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Best advices collectively from my 4 driving instructor that's stuck with me for a long time till today :

1. Treat all road drivers as idiots.

(That way, you will ALWAYS be alert for whatever and wherever.) 

2. Check rear view mirror regularly and "know" roughly (instinctively) how many cars/vehicles behind and on which lanes. At a glance. Agarration. 

Basically, to be aware of one's surrounding. Over the years, can actually "count" in the mind which bike/car/lorry is at which lane. 

3. Check blind spots by turning your neck. He says won't fall off one. It's TRUE!!!

Oh, always make sure car/vehicle infront has moved off first. No use how skilled you are at filtering out if that idiot not moved off yet. 

4. Signal once you confirm lane filtering out to is clear. Not signal then check that lane is clear. Filter out as soon as safe and not drag the distance. Some cars take forever to filter into lane, like waiting for an impatient driver/rider to hit them. 

5. Look at least 10 cars ahead.

(This advice often helped me  to signal early n filter out when I spied a road diversion or an accident scene ahead. 

Some cars can continue driving right up to last minute machiam they can't see beyond their own bonnet. Yes, they often end up stuck.)

I only passed at my 4th driving test attempt, hence, I have many memories of having the advices repeated to me. 

Then it was much like nagging.

Over time, these taught me to be a more alert and calm driver. Better be when everyone else is an idiot. 

You guys may remember this sentence in the basic /advanced theory books, iirc "keep/maintain the current speed of vehicles on the road".

I always interpret it as keeping to the speed flow of current traffic, not too slow, not too fast, just move with the flow.

😂😂😂 Neither be a road hog nor a tailgater. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

Point number 1 very true for me, everyday I scold "fking idiots" when I drive 😬

Point 4 actually half half. I sometimes signal once I wanna filter, cos Sg traffic not always can wait until coast clear, at times need to depend on others generosity. 

Gist is must signal, saved me once from a biker who went straight from my left while I making left turn. He skidded and took outy rear bumper. Then he claimed I never signal. A good Samaritan offered the video evidence, the biker LLST and had to compensate me 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3