GONG HEI LEI! sgCarMart Quotz's 2nd branch is now at Bukit Batok Connection! #CarAuction #CarBidding

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

4066_1_l.thumb.jpg.10eb88130eefc3b8514373f2fead1799.jpg

4066_2_l.thumb.jpg.1609e33ce86586ba1e81e4f4d759ab9f.jpg

4066_11_l.thumb.jpg.f5a2fabe588062b09598b1f466c28902.jpg

Good news for those looking to sell your car or CARS, sgCarMart Quotz has expanded and they are now available at Bukit Batok Connection.

A quick search on Google Map indicates that it's near Bukit Batok Vicom Inspection Centre and also just a short driving distance away from industrial buildings like WCEGA Plaza, Midview Building, etc. Used to lunch around this area because there's a western stall selling old school chicken chop. Pretty good stuff.

BB.jpg.c68b1652325a6d467317beb04d1a324b.jpg

For those who are unfamiliar with the services of sgCarMart Quotz, here's what I gathered from reading Quotz website.

How to sell your car via sgCarMart Quotz:

1 Book an appt via Quotz website.

Now you have an additional choice of either Ubi or Bukit Batok branch https://www.quotz.com.sg/ 

2 Drive down for comprehensive 188-point inspection (Inspection fee of $38)

This will take approximately 30 mins to an hour. You can choose to rest and relax at the air-conditioned lounge (with a massage chair available lol)

Your car will be up for bidding on the same day.

4066_3_l.thumb.jpg.ee71b12d957b792f426383c0c59732bb.jpg

4066_6_l.thumb.jpg.6a1e63ec4ba0566167e9e48cd99e0878.jpg

4066_7_l.thumb.jpg.c9f06457030235813661750193a64a07.jpg

4066_5_l.thumb.jpg.c55a089d179c6adbdfc0f7bb8d54ca10.jpg

4066_4_l.thumb.jpg.5e346f4489eef2343a4eb15df7d355e8.jpg

3 Auction to their extensive list of used car dealers

You will receive the highest offer right after bidding ends. Quotz guarantees you the highest selling price in the market. Receive $100 in cash from Quotz if you are able to sell your car to a used car dealer at a higher price than their offer.

4 Transact if you're happy with the price!

After the auction ends, the highest offer will be sent to you via SMS and a follow-up phone call. If you're happy with the offer, sign a digital sales agreement form and receive a deposit for your car immediately via PayNow or other means of electronic transfer. Choose to handover your car on your preferred date. 

From my understanding, you'll be allowed to continue driving your car for a given mileage per day till handover day. If I'm not wrong, it's limited to 80 km per day (will update this info if it's incorrect), which in my opinion, is reasonable and more than enough unless you're doing a marathon every day lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of you may ask, why do you need to send your car down for an inspection before putting the car up for auction, in comparison to other online auction platforms which may even offer you a higher price just by sending across a few photos over WhatsApp. The answer is simple. This is to prevent haggling down or lowballing of prices after the offer has been accepted. On many occasions, a higher offered price does not equate to the final transacted price.

In 2018, Quotz changed its business model to include a '188-point inspection of the car, which includes undercarriage checks and test-drives'. (Source: https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=19906)

Unlike the previous business model where the auction prices are only indicative offers and the deal will still need to be finalised offline with the car dealers, the new business model ensures that auction offers are final and will not be negotiated down.

What does it mean for customers? It means in total you will just need to make two short trips to Quotz to complete the deal. First, to send your car down for an inspection. Second, to handover your car!

You will receive a deposit for your car immediately after the auction ends via PayNow, should you decide to transact with Quotz. The remaining amount will be paid in full upon handover. 

If you're unsatisfied with the offer, reject it! There is no obligation to sell. No loss on your end. If you decide that the auction offer does not meet your expected price and you intend to post it online to sell, at least you know the condition of your car.

To find out more about the new branch at Bukit Batok Connection, visit this link: https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=4066

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quotz Pte Ltd (Bukit Batok)

Address: 2 Bukit Batok Street 23, #02-09, Bukit Batok Connection, S659554

Tel: 6979 6474

Directions: Drive through the gantry, up the winding ramp to Level 2, then all the way down the corridor.

Quotz Pte Ltd (Ubi)

Address:  61 Ubi Ave 2, #03-12/13, Automobile Megamart, S408898

Tel: 6744 7571

Directions: Quotz inspection centre is just on the right side when you drive up to level 3!

Quotz Opening Hours for both branches: Mon to Fri 9am–7pm, Saturday & Sunday 9.30am–6.30pm

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Yah better to check throughly because 7 yrs ago i had experience sold my car via quotz. Sold the car to dealer M***. On the day deliver my car, they said my boot inner lining need replacement so deduct few hundred dollar from the transacted price🙄

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
25 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah better to check throughly because 7 yrs ago i had experience sold my car via quotz. Sold the car to dealer M***. On the day deliver my car, they said my boot inner lining need replacement so deduct few hundred dollar from the transacted price🙄

Dealer M. Wah, which car dealer starting with M ah. Haha. Anw, ya lo but I think it's kinda normal. Same thing will happen even when you're selling on your own.

That's why I never accept online offers for my bikes back then. Wanna buy, come down view already then talk. 

Internal Moderator
23 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

eScooter can send there to sell or not 

Asking for my friend 😜😜😜 

Can. Sell already but no money take. They help you dispose for free. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Dealer M. Wah, which car dealer starting with M ah. Haha. Anw, ya lo but I think it's kinda normal. Same thing will happen even when you're selling on your own.

That's why I never accept online offers for my bikes back then. Wanna buy, come down view already then talk. 

Sgcarmart got check exterior only that time

never really check through

anyway the inner lining is not so bad afterall its 4-5yrs old car, cant expect it like new lol

tried to argue but in the end just not worth the hassle

• Praise 1

Can I go to them for a comprehensive 188 point inspection at $38, without the intention to sell my car?

I believe they will be providing a report.

Serious question, not joking.

15 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

This is a typical SOP pattern by those chao ah beng used car dealers. I oso kena the same ruse but told them to F off, take it or leave it

Read that nowadays Quotz will pay seller direct n take in car based on final bid price. No need to meet chao ah beng n go thru the same BS. Thumbs up

• Praise 2

18 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

eScooter can send there to sell or not 

Asking for my friend 😜😜😜 

Cannot.....  :a-noway:

You just push it to Changi Coastal Road forested area and leave it there.....  :we-all-gonna-die: 

Bangala workers will repair and ride within the worksites 

:XD::XD:

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Can I go to them for a comprehensive 188 point inspection at $38, without the intention to sell my car?

I believe they will be providing a report.

Serious question, not joking.

I just checked with Quotz. There's no hard and fast rule forbidding car owners from doing so, but there will also not be any 'report' provided, even for Quotz customers. They will however let you know the general condition of the car. My bad. Haha. You write your own report lor. Haha.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
23 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Sgcarmart got check exterior only that time

never really check through

anyway the inner lining is not so bad afterall its 4-5yrs old car, cant expect it like new lol

tried to argue but in the end just not worth the hassle

Yeah I remember it used to be surface checks. What you can see with the naked eye. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
26 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Cannot.....  :a-noway:

You just push it to Changi Coastal Road forested area and leave it there.....  :we-all-gonna-die: 

Bangala workers will repair and ride within the worksites 

:XD::XD:

Why need to go so far? Put at your lift lobby can already. But ground level safer ah. Later catch fire.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Void deck got many police cam ..... [lipsrsealed]

:grin:

The e-scooter will be gone before you or the police know it. Even sanitizer bottles placed inside lifts also MIA after a few hours.

• Haha! 1

@BabyBlade   

what is this guy doing ?? What does it measure ??? or detect ?? 

Saw this guys doing this all over someone's car at AML Ubi recently

image.png

On 6/19/2023 at 9:47 AM, BanCoe said:

@BabyBlade   

what is this guy doing ?? What does it measure ??? or detect ?? 

Saw this guys doing this all over someone's car at AML Ubi recently

image.png

To check for uneven spray paint "thickness"...which can mean accident repair or lousy paint job...😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 6/19/2023 at 9:57 AM, mersaylee said:

To check for uneven spray paint "thickness"...which can mean accident repair or lousy paint job...😁

The usual thickness is 100 mils thereabouts. Anything more than that means resprayed before and needs further investigation. 

• Praise 2