22-Year-Old Woman Goes Missing For 3 Days, Found Dead In Pasir Ris River

Fcw75

2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Khoo, who hails from Kedah, Malaysia, worked in Singapore as an assistant Chinese tutor 4 months ago.

Only 4 months.

Oh ok. I missed that bit of info.

But her situation back home also not very good with the lockdowns, restrictions and recently flood. The news of flood in her hometown affected her? Friends affected?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

But her situation back home also not very good with the lockdowns, restrictions and recently flood. The news of flood in her hometown affected her? Friends affected?

Yep, maybe missing home after coming here. 

Sad.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Yes, totally different direction.

How did the police ruled out homicide so fast?

It is also interesting to learn that she was identified by her finger prints. She is Malaysian leh! Do our ICA keep her finger print records?

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Fitvip said:

It is also interesting to learn that she was identified by her finger prints. She is Malaysian leh! Do our ICA keep her finger print records?

Yes, MOM does. 

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

Yep, maybe missing home after coming here. 

Sad.

It was only four months and she was staying with her aunt. But then this could be her first time staying away from home in a foreign country! That might have added to her homesickness.

• Praise 2

Sad, but is not on us. Will have to be people around her to concern her and keep her around. Just too bad her distress is not detected earlier and saved

• Praise 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Watwheels said:

IIRC Kedah was not flooded recently.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Jellandross said:

RIP 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Since a distress signal had been received and her demise was not averted, that is so sad.😥😥😥

• Sad 1

RIP.... Sad. 😫

Her death is kind of unnatural. Hopefully the autopsy would reveal more so as to bring more awareness to people around us. 

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 3

RIP.

Difficult to understand why.

But if your sister's account of your wish to end the pain your way, it's really not the best or only way.

There is help available, IF only you believe and give yourself a last chance to at least try asking for help. 

Too late now. 

Depression is like a disease attacking the brain non-stop with lots of negativity, bringing intense pain even at the thought of life and living. 

One can still look and behave so normally even when suffering from depression. Scary. 

Cherish life. It's short lived enough, probably not short enough for one under depression. 

Is there really no one worthwhile? Perhaps the pain is beyond normal ppls' understanding. 

• Praise 3

42 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

RIP.... Sad. 😫

Her death is kind of unnatural. Hopefully the autopsy would reveal more so as to bring more awareness to people around us. 

I think the autopsy will only determine the cause of death (how), but it will not know "why"! The coroner may through the inquiry find out answers the the other "Ws"!

My wife know the deceased in person and have been actively involved since she went missing on 16 Jan till now. All I can say is that please take media reports with a pinch of salt as some facts have been twisted. 

Out of respect for the deceased, please let the police do their job so as to allow the family members have a proper closure to the case. At the moment, base on what we know, no foul play suspected. Due to confidentiality, I am not able to disclose more about the case here. 

Thanks in advance for not passing undue remarks nor posting further speculation. This is the best we can do for the deceased and her family. 

• Praise 22

7 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

My wife know the deceased in person and have been actively involved since she went missing on 16 Jan till now. All I can say is that please take media reports with a pinch of salt as some facts have been twisted. 

Out of respect for the deceased, please let the police do their job so as to allow the family members have a proper closure to the case. At the moment, base on what we know, no foul play suspected. Due to confidentiality, I am not able to disclose more about the case here. 

Thanks in advance for not passing undue remarks nor posting further speculation. This is the best we can do for the deceased and her family. 

Understood bro.

Please lock this thread.

22 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

RIP.🖤

If it is a suicide incident, I think govt need to work harder on mental health issue.

These days with all the infos we had, we really need to do a reality check.

I heard there’s a case of suicidal tendencies after watching YouTube on heel n toe with unsuccessful attempts to replicate 😂 

↡ Advertisement