A KanChiong moment!

Fitvip

2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

2022 2nd day of work from office.

Swee swee good drive to the office in the morning. Parked swee swee. Opened car door. 5 min early. Then realised never bring mobile phone and cannot get into office because no mobile phone is no Safe Entry.

Really KNN. 

shut car door. Drive home to retrieve mobile phone. 40 min wasted.

🤣

Was the loudest KNN heard from the vicinity of the carpark? 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 7

Sometimes I just take phone, a card holder with 1 credit card/atm card and $20. Wallet either leave at home or in the car.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Sometimes I just take phone, a card holder with 1 credit card/atm card and $20. Wallet either leave at home or in the car.

Get those handphone case that can slot a card or two plus cash behind and you don't even need a card holder anymore.  Even act as a handphone stand. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33010658011.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.59314c4djkmCJ9

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002778235616.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.59314c4djkmCJ9

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 6

13 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Kanchiong is when u want to lao sai and almost coming out liao and you enter the toilet to see all cubicles occupied. [dizzy]

Or after lao sai liao then found out no toilet paper inside the cubicle. Lol.

• Haha! 4

18 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Kanchiong is when u want to lao sai and almost coming out liao and you enter the toilet to see all cubicles occupied. [dizzy]

Sai at Kastoms already.

Then worst still the pipe-in music was playing Ironic by Alanis Morissette.

🤣

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 5

44 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Sai at Kastoms already.

Then worst still the pipe-in music was playing Ironic by Alanis Morissette.

🤣

Yeah I'm quite sensitive to cold water or food at times.
And recently I've been having some mild diarrhoea for the last two weeks due to taking antibiotics for my wisdom tooth related gum infection. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Jman888 said:

I forgot to bring wallet out and go work a few time liao, got phone everything can settle, but now more worry about scam [laugh]

if forgot to bring phone, sure die [laugh]

if phone no battery....also die

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Get those handphone case that can slot a card or two plus cash behind and you don't even need a card holder anymore.  Even act as a handphone stand. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33010658011.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.59314c4djkmCJ9

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002778235616.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.59314c4djkmCJ9

unker spotted hahahahaha

same same.....i use this as it has everything i need in one spot

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

I have 1 CC left in the car for such issues. My phone actually has no google pay/samsung pay. 

count me in. i also dont have google/apple/grab/whatever pay on my phone

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, RadX said:

unker spotted hahahahaha

same same.....i use this as it has everything i need in one spot

Take one to know one eh? Haha

Just don’t ever lose it else really kanchiong liao.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Or after lao sai liao then found out no toilet paper inside the cubicle. Lol.

that is a problem for later. Lao first. must get your priorities right. 😂

• Haha! 3

36 minutes ago, Dp26 said:

count me in. i also dont have google/apple/grab/whatever pay on my phone

i used to reject such convenience till i saw my 50 plus year old contractor using hp to make payment. And i thought to myself "im much younger than him but less tech savvy". So i went ahead and set it up. It's quite convenient. Even when i take bus or train just tap using hp. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, Fitvip said:

A moment of Kan Chiong indeed! 

This morning, after dropping off wife, I went to refuel and to redeem a Tiger at the usual station. 

An attendant approached and I told him the amount i requested. Normally I would do it myself.

As I was moving away from my car, I realised that I did not have my wallet with me. I immediately asked to uncle not to fill first, but he had already started to squeeze! I told him that I did not have my wallet with me. I asked whether the station accept paynow. He told me to ask the cashier. 

The cashier tried on my paynow with 1 cent and it work. The uncle continued to pump the amount I had requested. The cashier was helpful to issue me a new Smile Card to earn the points. In the end, I could not redeem the Tiger as I did not have enough Smile Points on the new card!

Later, when I checked the receipt, there was a 10% discount on the gross amount. Not too bad for not using the DBS/Esso CC!

If I am the pump attendant, I will tell you to use my card instead. hahaha.

I read your story, i tot what hapen sia!

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Hawker centres now also accept Grabpay and PayLah etc apps, no need wallet also liao.

dont like using paylah. i got no grabpay. Paylah troublesome coz need to open app, sign in app and scan code. i think gpay extends to paylah as well if use qr code to scan. 

but i still prefer to use cash at hawker or coffeeshop. more local feel. 🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

dont like using paylah. i got no grabpay. Paylah troublesome coz need to open app, sign in app and scan code. i think gpay extends to paylah as well if use qr code to scan. 

but i still prefer to use cash at hawker or coffeeshop. more local feel. 🤣

Easier to tap CC than to open app! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2