Chicken Hotpot calls NUS to verify student’s review

Macrosszero

https://mothership.sg/2022/01/chicken-hotpot-negative-review/amp/

I wonder what’s the purpose of calling NUS, what scam is there? Or is the scam relating to serving things to customers that they didn’t order?

Either which way, this could have been handled much better….. instead of calling school, showing CCTV footage, now their chickens are in the hot soup!

If I left my SingNet email address, will they call SingNet to verify me?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

Negative feedback suspected as scam. 

Positive ones accepted as truth, the only truth and truth truth? 

😂😂😂

Agree that whole matter could be easily and better handled.

At point in time, apologise for the surcharge, goodwill waiver AND within 24 hours, make sure signages (handwritten ones are common anyways for such establishment) are quickly put up at payment counter, walls, doors, inside and outside menus and on tables. Chairs can spare. 

The feeling of undue pressure is actually unfounded. It is afterall a feedback sans vulgarity, non sensitive or offensive content plus, it's a personal and truthful encounter.

The boss needs to understand that all feedbacks, positive and negative ones, can be useful to make changes and improve how his business can attract more customers. Humility is a key to learn, without paying school fees. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 4

Why is the restaurant not apologetic but instead be so aggressively defensive?

I will definitely avoid the restaurant altogether to avoid angry ppl running the restaurant. Who knows what they will put in your food when they are so angry?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Actually the practice of serving chargeable peanuts, pickles, wetwipes without telling customers is quite commonplace...

Edited by Tkseah
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Was reading a FB page of a newly set up kopitiam stall. Got 1 customer said her noodle was overcooked and not nice. Owner politely asked when she was served. Customer replied civilly. Owner said he will definitely look into it as his staff might not have followed cooking instructions. 

Overall, this feedback and reply was very well done. 

So I tried that stall this week. It's good food and VFM. Maybe that customer was unlucky or maybe the owner rectified the process but whatever the case, no name calling at all. I will patronise again.

• Praise 8

Peanut or pickles is free?? 

Wait for coe to drop till 10k, maybe then is free. 

Eat at kopi Thiam if refuses to pay what's on the table that is never for free. 

• Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Peanut or pickles is free?? 

Wait for coe to drop till 10k, maybe then is free. 

Eat at kopi Thiam if refuses to pay what's on the table that is never for free. 

Yalor, in the first place dunno where she get the idea that peanuts are free.. should send her go educate all the other restaurants also.  I also wish current practice can change.. either free peanuts or restaurants indicate upfront that it is chargeable before serving.

• Praise 2

59 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Why is the restaurant not apologetic but instead be so aggressively defensive?

I will definitely avoid the restaurant altogether to avoid angry ppl running the restaurant. Who knows what they will put in your food when they are so angry?

some restaurant take pride on their food and service, try Gordon Ramsay or some restaurants where the chef will chase you out with a chopper  [laugh]

8 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Yalor, in the first place dunno where she get the idea that peanuts are free.. should send her go educate all the other restaurants also.  I also wish current practice can change.. either free peanuts or restaurants indicate upfront that it is chargeable before serving.

i heard HDL anything before eating at the table are free right? some more free flow one, i never eaten at HDL before [laugh]

8 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

i heard HDL anything before eating at the table are free right? some more free flow one, i never eaten at HDL before [laugh]

Yah, HDL snacks are free.. then they charge u gao gao for the soup n dishes ordered.  Tell them u celebrating birthday got free birthday stuff also.. no need to be real birthday..

Edited by Tkseah
  • Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Karen: Chili/tomato sauce free what!

Btw this case is sexciting and I'm surprised it only gained traction in MCF now.

26 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

How is pdpa breached in this case?

Ok la

she gave her email… they purposely contact school 😂😂 stupid

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, RadX said:

Ok la

she gave her email… they purposely contact school 😂😂 stupid

Business contact info is not protected by pdpa.. arguably NUS email addresses are corp and not personal.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Business contact info is not protected by pdpa.. arguably NUS email addresses are corp and not personal.

But the thing is they had the gall to contact the school.. anyhow involve for what? Shows their ill

intent

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1