Chicken Hotpot calls NUS to verify student’s review

Macrosszero

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

If cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Or hotpot business.

Precisely!

Edited by Fitvip
↡ Advertisement

Very seldom peanut , hand tissue, etc is free one la.......

If they give free, then the cost must have gone into the prices of the food.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Well, the girl has stated that she has lodged a report with PDPC. But whether an offence has been committed or not, should the business have called NUS? 

Even if it’s not illegal it’s not correct. She did actually patronise the establishment, they had footage.

But is her feedback somehow invalid if she wasn’t actually an NUS student?

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Was reading a FB page of a newly set up kopitiam stall. Got 1 customer said her noodle was overcooked and not nice. Owner politely asked when she was served. Customer replied civilly. Owner said he will definitely look into it as his staff might not have followed cooking instructions. 

Overall, this feedback and reply was very well done. 

So I tried that stall this week. It's good food and VFM. Maybe that customer was unlucky or maybe the owner rectified the process but whatever the case, no name calling at all. I will patronise again.

That is how businesses should be run! 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

That is how businesses should be run! 

Totally agree but knowing how ppl are

reactive, they seldom think they are in the wrong and flare up

i always say, never witchunt.. always get to the root and see how it can be improved In future . Any feedback, is always feedback and a chance to move forward positively

Something I advocate to my staff that I will

protect them always as long as they have done due diligence and man up to it. Ppl will respect you for it

that said, in my business, they never give feedback one 👻🪦

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, RadX said:

But the thing is they had the gall to contact the school.. anyhow involve for what? Shows their ill

intent

That will backfire more than expected!

Since there is nus here , I tell you, lecturers are nice to students cos of fear of bad feedback… like wth… you are there to educate and do what’s right… not freely give good grades for expectations of good feedback

to me, that is a moral failure if any educator does as such.. and I see a lot of it

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Imho, whatever is not ordered by the patron should not be charged. If they want to charge, then list all of them down to be fair!

• Praise 3

I eat chicken hotpot often and it’s nice. 

Peanuts and appetizer are never free la,. If don’t want, just tell them to take away. It’s tips for the wait staff.

Koh added that Chicken Hotpot eventually refunded her the cost of the peanuts, but clarified that it was never about the money for her.

And please la, it is ALWAYS about the money. If it’s not, what is she complaining about in the first place?

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

Because peanuts are not free then complain? That’s some weak tea man.

maybe still a student and do not know what are the norms. Most restaurants in sg will not tell you the snacks are chargeable, same for the wet wipes. We have to assume is chargeable. There are some exceptions though, I remember Morton’s is free flow bread. HDL is free up front, Chope carrot later. Lol.

• Haha! 4

50 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I eat chicken hotpot often and it’s nice. 

Peanuts and appetizer are never free la,. If don’t want, just tell them to take away. It’s tips for the wait staff.

Koh added that Chicken Hotpot eventually refunded her the cost of the peanuts, but clarified that it was never about the money for her.

And please la, it is ALWAYS about the money. If it’s not, what is she complaining about in the first place?

She may be wrong to complain, it’s a mismatch of norms and expectations, but is Chicken Hotpot justified in contacting NUS?

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Jman888 said:

some restaurant take pride on their food and service, try Gordon Ramsay or some restaurants where the chef will chase you out with a chopper  [laugh]

No lah. They contact the uni hoping the discipline master will spank I mean discipline her.🤣

• Haha! 1

I cannot believe this whole thing is blown up all because of some peanuts charges that was not told upfront.

Edited by Starry
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Actually the practice of serving chargeable peanuts, pickles, wetwipes without telling customers is quite commonplace...

Girl made a big deal out of it .. actually quite common for chinese restaurant to charge for peanuts. She also shouldn't use her organisation e-mail to make comments on public forum. Next time, use company e-mail? Youngster very naive these days and unaware the implications.

• Praise 2

Very poor form by the restaurant. Since they believe in telling on someone to someone else who thinks can exert power over them, I think every small hygiene breach should be immediately reported to NEA. Publicly, on social media, so all can see it. What's sauce for the goose...etc. 

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Girl made a big deal out of it .. actually quite common for chinese restaurant to charge for peanuts. She also shouldn't use her organisation e-mail to make comments on public forum. Next time, use company e-mail? Youngster very naive these days and unaware the implications.

Different generation ...😫

Edited by Starry
  • Haha! 2

51 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

She may be wrong to complain, it’s a mismatch of norms and expectations, but is Chicken Hotpot justified in contacting NUS?

Nope, CH is not right in contacting NUS. But what’s the root cause of this issue?

This is strawberry generation and their thinking of the world revolving around them. From NUS so what? Take a rock and throw into a crowd will also hit someone with a degree nowadays. She doesn’t have any personal email like gmail?

Same case with the girl at the gym and accused the guy a gym creep when the guy was only watching mr bean on the tv above her. 🤣

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

CH was wrong to call NUS, but it all started with the girl posting a 1 star review telling people to boycott CH because she not happy with chargeable peanuts.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1