Chicken Hotpot calls NUS to verify student’s review

macrosszero

Not happy, don't patronize next time. Take your business elsewhere. Don't need to write such a negative review for a $2 peanut charge (common these days), which is really unwarranted.  Nothing is free, unless you go to atas restaurants, then a lot is priced in.  And learn to write better reviews and be less of a self entitled Karen.

The restaurant is also very small gas, just ignore the bad review but the staff certainly needs some coaching. But there is really no bad publicity, too bad I am not a hotpot fan. 😀

P.S. I only write good reviews when food and service are just exceptional,  which is rare. I have never written a bad review, I just stop going to the restaurant. 

3E188E03-99EF-4A05-9135-9243F19BCC84.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Clearly opinions differ when it comes to whether the NUS student is a Karen or not.

However what’s also clear is that if you leave a negative review with this business, you’re going to have your background checked…

Looks to me it's the way strawberry generation handle things.

1. Why need to contact NUS to verify? So if a bad review originates from Google or Hotmail need to contact Google or Hotmail to verify? SMLJ logic. 

2. I dunno how many times I have been charged for stuff like peanuts and whatnot. There are times where I felt disgruntled about not being informed. But I have also come to know this is the 'culture' of restaurants in SG. No biggie really. So the reviewer first time dining in restaurant that charges for stuff like peanuts, hand towel, water etc? Seems to me NUS workload not enough to keep students busy. I remember when I was doing my undergraduate at NTU I was bz as hell. Writing review is the last thing I want to do.

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Any publicity is good publicity. 

Long time no eat chicken hotpot leow, next week I go and try again. Which outlet ah?? :D

Hahaha, I like it too but it’s really quite salty. Have to go with rice.

I eat at either Bedok Point or Square 2.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Yeshe said:

Any publicity is good publicity. 

Long time no eat chicken hotpot leow, next week I go and try again. Which outlet ah?? :D

The one she went is at Nex..

32 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

I used to go Chinatown point but it closed down.

Must be Karen like her who wrote bad review about Chinatown outlet about been charged for peanuts. 🤣

And then after that said it’s not about the money. So what is it about in the first place?

不是钱的问题。那你靠北靠部什么呢?

30748DFA-83B8-4A68-8FA9-DAEDFF9829AB.jpeg

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 4

Didn't bother reading the whole saga, but I went to the outlet at square 2 and the boss was very nice, told us wet napkins were free. 

Was this a franchise or? Seems the experience differ outlet to outlet?

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Didn't bother reading the whole saga, but I went to the outlet at square 2 and the boss was very nice, told us wet napkins were free. 

Was this a franchise or? Seems the experience differ outlet to outlet?

1 man's meat is another poison. 

I also doing service provider. Its impossible to have 100% customer satisfaction 1. 

Like 1 bro mention, its normal to have a few complain , esp online,  But if all the comment and reviews or too many are bad review, then really need to do self reflection. ( esp if your business not good)  

• Praise 2

@TkseahI would tell the server to remove it immediately unless it was part of the meal, when I go to western rest, it comes with condiments, serviette, fork and spoon, salt and pepper provided, the Chinese rest has a unique way of adding this/that just to make more.there is much customer's satisfaction in it. soon thy would lose the plot

After all GST is included

Hence my dislike to eat at Chinese restaurant. The culture of charging almost everything, anything on the table is lame. 

Indian restaurant the bestest. Free water and napkins at your disposal. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1