Chicken Hotpot calls NUS to verify student’s review

Macrosszero

4 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

CH was wrong to call NUS, but it all started with the girl posting a 1 star review telling people to boycott CH because she not happy with chargeable peanuts.

Then said it’s NOT about the money.

It’s ALWAYS about the money else as I said, why is she complaining in the first place? 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

29 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Then said it’s NOT about the money.

It’s ALWAYS about the money else as I said, why is she complaining in the first place? 🤣

I see a potential pappies recruit in her - next time can come out and say petrol duties, water tariffs, carbon tax are never about the money.....

• Haha! 1

@Tkseah 

One of the oldest tim sum chinese restaurant along chin swee also same. My wife usually prefers her own tea and she brings her tea in her vacuum flask wherever she goes. The incident happend last month at the restaurant. She gently declined her tea but the waitress insisted that without tea, it is still chargeable at $2 per pax. She decided to replace with water instead but the waitress ignored her.  

When we went to the counter to pay for the bill. We were charged the tea which was not served. Explained to the cashier and a rude unreasonable reply was received. “Regardless whether a customer wants the tea, it is as charge”. This is really high handed, unreasonable and barbaric. Wanted to lodge a complain with CASE but due to insufficient evidence, i let it go.  But not next time. 

Edited by Rayleigh
  • Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

@Tkseah 

One of the oldest tim sum chinese restaurant along chin swee also same. My wife usually prefers her own tea and she brings her tea in her vacuum flask wherever she goes. The incident happend last month at the restaurant. She gently declined her tea but the waitress insisted that without tea, it is still chargeable at $2 per pax. She decided to replace with water instead but the waitress ignored her.  

When we went to the counter to pay for the bill. We were charged the tea which was not served. Explained to the cashier and a rude unreasonable reply was received. “Regardless whether a customer wants the tea, it is as charged”. This is really high handed, unreasonable and barbaric. Wanted to lodge a complain with CASE but due to insufficient, i let it go.  But not next time. 

Bo pian, these are the house rules. It's unreasonable and I definitely don't agree and won't go such place. But still their biz is good and lots of people want to go, they can be high-handed.

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

@Tkseah 

When we went to the counter to pay for the bill. We were charged the tea which was not served. Explained to the cashier and a rude unreasonable reply was received. “Regardless whether a customer wants the tea, it is as charged”. This is really high handed, unreasonable and barbaric. Wanted to lodge a complain with CASE but due to insufficient, i let it go.  But not next time. 

bro...just don't patronise again if you are not happy.....nothing to be upset about. 

Don't be too emotional over all these things. In the long term, we may lose some, but if our emotion is right and we always treat others with kindness, we will win back more elsewhere.  The universe is always fair over a long term.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 5

51 minutes ago, Starry said:

bro...just don't patronise again if you are not happy.....nothing to be upset about. 

Don't be too emotional over all these things. In the long term, we may lose some, but if our emotion is right and we always treat others with kindness, we will win back more elsewhere.  The universe is always fair over a long term.

It may have a nostalgia feeling, food wise ok with me certainly better than Sw** Ch***, the serving operation can be better, more frustrating when crowded, if not because of my elderly FIL, I certainly won’t patronize further. 

Edited by Rayleigh
  • Praise 4

7 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Actually the practice of serving chargeable peanuts, pickles, wetwipes without telling customers is quite commonplace...

Wait till you buy CNY Goodies or Moon cakes from F&B establishment on food fair or roadshow type atrium fair.

They will only show a price for example $100 on counter or on display.

When at cashier, they will add GST and become $107.00. So this is a loophole that F&B use when they ran Atrium event.

If this happened in retail environment. They can get into trouble with the authority.

The price tag will always shown the nett price after GST. 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Starry said:

I cannot believe this whole thing is blown up all because of some peanuts charges that was not told upfront.

Many years back peanuts cost $600k.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 6

2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Girl made a big deal out of it .. actually quite common for chinese restaurant to charge for peanuts. She also shouldn't use her organisation e-mail to make comments on public forum. Next time, use company e-mail? Youngster very naive these days and unaware the implications.

If I am a student from NUS. I will definitely use my email.

It lends credibility to my post. Would an undergrad from global top 100 uni spout nonsense?

They will laugh at those sending email from private uni or part time uni from overseas. 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Tkseah said:

CH was wrong to call NUS, but it all started with the girl posting a 1 star review telling people to boycott CH because she not happy with chargeable peanuts.

I think she believe in upfront transparency and really not about $$$.

What was norm in the past may not be routine now or in future. 

Korean restaurant never charge for side dishes.

Is she from law or business faculty?

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Wait till you buy CNY Goodies or Moon cakes from F&B establishment on food fair or roadshow type atrium fair.

They will only show a price for example $100 on counter or on display.

When at cashier, they will add GST and become $107.00. So this is a loophole that F&B use when they ran Atrium event.

If this happened in retail environment. They can get into trouble with the authority.

The price tag will always shown the nett price after GST. 

Not wrong to add gst. I don't mind to pay gst. 

Payable to iras not into the bakery pocket. 😁

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Not wrong to add gst. I don't mind to pay gst. 

Payable to iras not into the bakery pocket. 😁

Display price must include GST.

It is offense

• Praise 3

The makings of a future Karen. 

She over reacted to being charged for peanuts, restaurant over reacted by contacting NUS. 

Youngsters these days feel like every small injustice also must be reported to the rest of the world. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6