Two children found dead at Bukit Timah playground

yishunite

Tragic. 

Whatever the reasons, circumstances and motivation, end result is still a tragedy. 

Whether can prevent, can change, can do more, can provide better support, can tahan long term, can this can that, NO two kids or family or situation is the same.

At least we need to understand that there is no one solution to prevent another tragedy from taking place, tomo, next month or in future.

Because human beings are the most complex and complicated of all to comprehend. 

Some need help but won't ever ask. Some ask but never get the help they want, not need. Some chose to takan and shoulder everything on themselves. Some just leave it to fate and live day to day. 

Haiz.

Hope those amongst us with special needs loved ones will not place too much on face value and open mouth to ask for help, if really at tethers end.

There is a thin line between what is one's responsibility and how much the society can help, especially for the long term. 

Met ppl who demanded help as if its society's duty to do so. And met ppl who should ask for help but due to pride and fear of being laughed at, kept quiet and hope for the best. 

Every child is precious.

Not every parent can do the right thing all the time, or have the means to. To tailor for each child's future is not a simple task.

Honestly, some able bodied siblings can't even bother with each other, how much more determination, sense of family duty and love is needed for these special needs? 

Stay safe all 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

11 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

True. If we have padi field and farm, at least these special needs might be able to perform the same work as us in a farming environment.

Farming is not how clever or how strong you are. We still have to depend on sun, rain and the earth to help it grow.

So even a person with autism can do what a farmer does. maybe even better.

Too bad we live in Singapore. So it is more difficult for them to experience life.

Err I'm highly dubious...

The stories of the village idiot and people being left in the woods for the wolves to eat or pick up by strangers are there for a reason.

Being in a strong community helps people feel less isolated. Say in a kampung. But let's not get rosy eyed about this, cos it comes along with negative stuff like being forced into stereotypical roles especially for women, minorities and outcasts.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

21 hours ago, yishunite said:

Our meritocratic society dont value "unproductive" individuals. Special needs kids like these are only a burden when measured against "meritocracy" values

Our self-reliance society dont appreciate some people have greater needs than others. Only know how to say "work hard sure succeed" without thinking about this

Actually for me this whole episode make me feel shame about ourselves as singaporean society, not about the parents

Err.

You think this happens only for this time and locale?

During cro magnon say 50k years ago, oso same same. Got gay got special people.

Some say got Jamesc mil oso.

What we can do is to facilitate best choice in a tragedy.

Try the new laopeh find out child is a surprize. Its a tragedy and even among family, the greatest weight is on the mom and the greatest frustration on the father.

If XY had left..walk out. It might have been the better choice. Though. Mums are the best.

What happened to the special pygmies of indonesia?

11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Err I'm highly dubious...

The stories of the village idiot and people being left in the woods for the wolves to eat or pick up by strangers are there for a reason.

Being in a strong community helps people feel less isolated. Say in a kampung. But let's not get rosy eyed about this, cos it comes along with negative stuff like being forced into stereotypical roles especially for women, minorities and outcasts.

Think best example currently is China. 

Extreme competition, financial hardship and children with disabilities being abandoned just like that. Of cos some may say no such thing happened there. 

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Think best example currently is China. 

Extreme competition, financial hardship and children with disabilities being abandoned just like that. Of cos some may say no such thing happened there. 

Happy ppl

will tell u otherwise 

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Datsun366 said:

Err.

You think this happens only for this time and locale?

During cro magnon say 50k years ago, oso same same. Got gay got special people.

Some say got Jamesc mil oso.

What we can do is to facilitate best choice in a tragedy.

Try the new laopeh find out child is a surprize. Its a tragedy and even among family, the greatest weight is on the mom and the greatest frustration on the father.

If XY had left..walk out. It might have been the better choice. Though. Mums are the best.

What happened to the special pygmies of indonesia?

So u think we should continue to live with caveman values?

Read about other news, son stab the father to death and some China teenager kenna abandon by birth parents twice(now dead cos of suicide).

It is a fxxkdup world we live in.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/boy-sentenced-detention-stabbing-father-killing-2455491

https://mothership.sg/2022/01/liu-xuezhou-suicide/

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

9 hours ago, yishunite said:

So u think we should continue to live with caveman values?

So do you think the caveman values might have even more care and acceptance than you or i?

Why in all human history are these children not recorded or documented? Anywhere?

Just realizing that the heart is not smooth but wrinkled just means lack of knowledge. The world has always been this way.

Once again, the best way out is to build a defined future for these children, this gives the parents purpose when there is no apparent future but stark bleak hopelessness.

Now then the more knowledgeable are scared and worried and immensely satisfied with a normal baby. Knowledge lets you not to assume things for granted, such as living without batu buah pingang dan batu hempedu.

On 1/25/2022 at 9:20 AM, Watwheels said:

Read about other news, son stab the father to death and some China teenager kenna abandon by birth parents twice(now dead cos of suicide).

It is a fxxkdup world we live in.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/boy-sentenced-detention-stabbing-father-killing-2455491

https://mothership.sg/2022/01/liu-xuezhou-suicide/

The boy stabbed the father case, a little weird. The boy actually have good relationship with his brother and mother - even after this tragic incident. Only the father was deemed a controlling personality. I guess the job of disciplining the boy was left to the father. Yet there was no physical abuse, just old-school discipline and probably today's teens with the influence of their surroundings, cannot take it.

Another thing that struck me was the story of how "laundry" was a recurring theme. Father do laundry and also make the sons do their own laundry... what happen to the mother?

Call me a chauvinist, but I think some of today's social ills come from gender role reversals in modern society [laugh] Women's traditional roles in the household, somehow had a stabilizing effect on family units in the past.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

The boy stabbed the father case, a little weird. The boy actually have good relationship with his brother and mother - even after this tragic incident. Only the father was deemed a controlling personality. I guess the job of disciplining the boy was left to the father. Yet there was no physical abuse, just old-school discipline and probably today's teens with the influence of their surroundings, cannot take it.

Another thing that struck me was the story of how "laundry" was a recurring theme. Father do laundry and also make the sons do their own laundry... what happen to the mother?

Call me a chauvinist, but I think some of today's social ills come from gender role reversals in modern society [laugh] Women's traditional roles in the household, somehow had a stabilizing effect on family units in the past.

dont like that say la... nowadays is all 2 income family, unless very tok kong.

both also need to help out lor.

if anything... blame the super competitive world we live in that demands both work.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Sosaria said:

This stab father case, the boy also have autism. But I guess borderline case.