Nissan Qashqai, A Driver's Nightmare

J_c_boy

This is the second time I hear about Nissan QQ. The previous time I heard it was at a work shop when I sent my car for replacement of parts. That QQ which was 4 years old + had lots of problems. After replacing one major part, another was found faulty. I over heard the owner discussing with the mechanic. I did not feel good to ask in detail as that was our first encounter. The mechanic told me the parts were expensive too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

my friend has one. He also told me about the GB issue. another issue is step on the gas but car wont move and suddenly car surge forward. TC unable to resolve the problem. 

The wear and tear are normal, its the gb that is the main headache. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

my friend has one. He also told me about the GB issue. another issue is step on the gas but car wont move and suddenly car surge forward. TC unable to resolve the problem. 

The wear and tear are normal, its the gb that is the main headache. 

If there is a delay response to the cvt means the fluid pump inside got problem.

Anyway there are lots of comprains in the US about their cvt gb, regardless of what car model. Most after warranty the gb fail.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Watwheels said:

If there is a delay response to the cvt means the fluid pump inside got problem.

Anyway there are lots of comprains in the US about their cvt gb, regardless of what car model. Most after warranty the gb fail.

Honestly i dont know what the issue is but the 1.2T is well known to be problematic. There is a thread in mcf and FB group but seems that the gb issue cannot resolve. Another friend of mine got the 2.0 litre and no such issue though. 

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

@PSP415 No warning for all the problems listed above. They just popped up one after another within a short time frame despite the Qashqai having undergone at least two servicings at a respectable workshop annually.

That's why it's so depressing.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

buy Nissan made in japan lah... see all the old Latio still running around like  happy trooper!😁 

Made in Japan car still priced for its reliability. 

By france for its beauty(note the QQ design very nice)

Just like woman, got face no brain; got brain, no face😂

Got face usually means high maintenance. 

I am talking about cars. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

42 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Why dashboard needed replacement?

ya quite funny this 1.??

My best guess is the labour involve to remove the dashboard to replace cooling coil??

• Shocked 1

I heard got one owner has to change his dashboard as too many scratches on the passenger side and wife was getting suspicious. 

:D 

• Haha! 5

44 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Honestly i dont know what the issue is but the 1.2T is well known to be problematic. There is a thread in mcf and FB group but seems that the gb issue cannot resolve. Another friend of mine got the 2.0 litre and no such issue though. 

Actually if I am not wrong the 2.0 is a actual Nissan that is built in Japan.For TS to have it trouble free for the first 5-6 years is already a blessing given that it is indeed a Renault!And also for the cost of those replaced parts are really not that ex given its a conti car.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1