Nissan Qashqai, A Driver's Nightmare

J_c_boy

22 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Nobody misses the Cefiro ?. Had one as courtesy car for a few days  after minor car accident in 2013 if I recall correctly. Cefiro really drives like a boat with non existent cornering ability and shocking fuel consumption. Every time complete a trip see the fuel needle go down a bit. Only  Good thing it’s damn comfy 

Don't be so like that ley.

I drive a COE Teans, quite happy with this boat.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

hmm my car just entered it's 7th year. Other than changing car batteries. no additional maintenance required. Got squeaking brakes but think its cos of irregular surface of the brake disc pad according to some workshop guy.

Thought your ride is Honda Accord? You changed to this model? 

Reading his account of what was already needed from 6th year, I think he needs to be prepared for more issues for this particular model as it enters its 7th year. 

Most rides only wear n tear maintenance. Then there are picky rides that makes workshop visits like it's weekly shopping trips or spa treatments. 😜

Squeaking brakes due to irregular surface of brake disc pad? Brake dust? Happens only from morning start and goes off after awhile? 

No expert but I dun like squeaking  brakes.... I imagine a mouse trapped there and crying for help.

So, yes, will want to get rid of the mouse, I mean, squeaks, whether changing out to a better pad or maybe the rotor (in my case). 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Reading his account of what was already needed from 6th year, I think he needs to be prepared for more issues for this particular model as it enters its 7th year. 

Most rides only wear n tear maintenance. Then there are picky rides that makes workshop visits like it's weekly shopping trips or spa treatments. 😜

Squeaking brakes due to irregular surface of brake disc pad? Brake dust? Happens only from morning start and goes off after awhile? 

No expert but I dun like squeaking  brakes.... I imagine a mouse trapped there and crying for help.

So, yes, will want to get rid of the mouse, I mean, squeaks, whether changing out to a better pad or maybe the rotor (in my case). 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Squeaky brakes are most of the time just due to wear-and-tear where brake dust gets into the brake calipers' where the guide pins slide in and out.

Need to do a "brake job" and dismantle everything to clean with brake cleaner, then re-grease all the parts with silicone/copper grease and re-assemble.

My COE Toyota requires a brake job every 9-12mths - after which it brakes well and good once again.

Before I knew about such a thing called a "brake job" - my workshop guy said my brake rotors were useless and needed replacements.
I don't blame the workshop - I know there's NO workshop out there that does brake jobs - it's just too much labour for too little money.

• Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Beregond said:

wa... both turbo KO? 5 digit is crazy  for those turbos alone......

Ok lah ... it made the decision for me to change car 😂😂

• Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Stay safe 

Cheers 

still the same car. Pretty fuss free. 

My dad's previous accord had something leaking which affected the AC in the last 2 years of it's life. But generally this generation is more reliable than 2 generations ago.

very minor issues like cabin light contact not very good. The power windows on 1 of the window is bit laggy. 

The brakes part is bit annoying, but i can still brake fine so just bit bochap.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

hmm my car just entered it's 7th year. Other than changing car batteries. no additional maintenance required. Got squeaking brakes but think its cos of irregular surface of the brake disc pad according to some workshop guy.

Time to prepare to change car liao? 😂

23 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Nobody misses the Cefiro ?. Had one as courtesy car for a few days  after minor car accident in 2013 if I recall correctly. Cefiro really drives like a boat with non existent cornering ability and shocking fuel consumption. Every time complete a trip see the fuel needle go down a bit. Only  Good thing it’s damn comfy 

If the car drives like a boat, to me it means the car is not comfy and feel jerky and bumpy le? Lol.

Edited by 13177

On 1/25/2022 at 3:35 PM, Albeniz said:

It all started from the Datsun era.

They called the Sunny - Datsun 130Y.

120Ys were also very popular in the 1970/80s, but not quite called the Sunny. 

Those were the days where 4 kids sat at the rear without seat belts -> 2 sit inward, 2 sit outward.

Any uncles here went through that phase before?

120y panel van counted or not? With the wired divider moved back 30cm and a couple of chair cushions, and hey it became Datsun 120y shooting brake! 

Minus the rear windows. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

wa... both turbo KO? 5 digit is crazy  for those turbos alone......

5 digit tc.... maybe is yam 5? lol. 

Saw alot of f10 m5 around. seems that alot of people renew coe. 

• Praise 2

31 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

He has gone to the Dark side (EV)

😂

from SMLJ also leak.... to Nothing to Leak....🤣

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Vid said:

😂 😂

Just BMW F10 lah

Nice.

you went to performance motor? They might have quoted you the whole assembly  of turbocharger plus exhaust manifold? Typical dealer way of parts replacment, plus market price x 3 or x 4? 

Or BM part$ $o expen$ive 

• Haha! 2

31 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If the car drives like a boat, to me it means the car is not comfy and feel jerky and bumpy le? Lol.

My friend's 7er and S class quite nice boat woh. All roads are equal, no potholes.  Haha 

14 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Nice.

you went to performance motor? They might have quoted you the whole assembly  of turbocharger plus exhaust manifold? Typical dealer way of parts replacment, plus market price x 3 or x 4? 

Or BM part$ $o expen$ive 

It was my regular wkshop. The mechanic also told me not to do it. Buy just another car 😂

• Praise 3