Advice on purchasing COE cars (Z4)

NeverLucky88

I would save up $80-85k for a property 😄

A car is quite expensive to buy and maintain, and it depreciates a lot.

↡ Advertisement

8 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Another 2 seater cabriolet for consideration 

1200px-Suzuki_Carry_Truck_KC_4WD_DA16T.J

Buy Van Better,at least behind still can do ''Hanky Panky'' Business...

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, NeverLucky88 said:

Hahahaha just cos i want a sports car doesn't mean i'm born with a silver spoon in my mouth, but i respect your assumptions. Cheers!

Nope you got it wrong😄

Read again

i never said you were born with a silver spoon.  Far from that. If you were born with a silver spoon , a brand new Z4 would be presented to you. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

If you have done your math. Go with your heart. You only live once, better drive a car you love.

Old Z4 with hard top, another factor is water seepage because of hardened rubber seals.

Road Tax, petrol consumption, wear & tear repairs to old car, etc.

• Praise 2

Buy Tesla better

move off lumber one. All the sport car tio chiet

charge battery in office carpark :grin:

Spoiler

Buy escooter bestest 

no coe no road no insurance 

charge battery in office :XD:

Edited by Mustank
  • Haha! 3

6 hours ago, Sky61 said:

There is a 20i at 13k depri at sgcarmart, u can consider that. Lower Road tax (compared with the 2.5) after loading 150%, lower running cost compared with 6cylinders (extra 2 coils, 2 plugs, when full overhaul that's 2 more pistons, piston rings, bearings, conrods etc), and I reckon better fc than the 2.5? All this would make up the difference between 11k depri 2.5 vs 13k depri 2.0 turbo.

11k vs 13k? Then no brainer - what's a (old) BMW without 6 cylinder engine? 

Just get the 6 cylinder one and be done with it.

PS I had the e46 325Ci before, but still prefer the turbo I5 low end pickup. In a volvo. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 2

Just now, Volvobrick said:

11k vs 13k? Then no brainer - what's a (old) BMW without 6 cylinder engine? 

Just get the 6 cylinder one and be done with it.

IL6 ftw

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, awhtc said:

no car enthusiast in sg buys a car due to logical financial reasons.  

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, awhtc said:

Bro, people buy car u ask them buy house 😂

Btw, u typo right, u referring to 800-850K?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Rickster said:

Bro, people buy car u ask them buy house 😂

Btw, u typo right, u referring to 800-850K?

Don't buy house first. I go and take my property license. 🤣

After that then you buy can?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Don't buy house first. I go and take my property license. 🤣

After that then you buy can?

I will wait for u to pass. I tell u, it's like CEA wants u property agents to become like lawyers. You study more local property laws and the way to interpret it more than anything else. 

I know it because i took it. And I'm not a property agent and do not aspire to be one.

Now property agent course like driving course, they want u to fail multiple times first. 🤣 But if u study hard and like to study type, i think u can pass it at one go. Good luck!

Edited by Rickster
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I will wait for u to pass. I tell u, it's like CEA wants u property agents to become like lawyers. You study more local property laws and the way to interpret it more than anything else. 

I know it because i took it. And I'm not a property agent and do not aspire to be one.

Now property agent course like driving course, they want u to fail multiple times first. 🤣 But if u study hard and like to study type, i think u can pass it at one go. Good luck!

I very stupid one. 😂

Cannot pass any exam one. I can only do menial work one. 😂

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Rickster said:

This is call protecting their trade.  Why do they want so many people with licence? The piece of the pie will shrink if there are many more agents. 
its not like any of these old timer agents will pass either if they took it. 
muayhahaha

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Chio Mock for coffee. He will be a good person to talk.

He has/had a number of classic BMW.

if ask me, At current COE values with inflated used car prices, I will say don't buy shit now unless you can find a bargain. Just take grab/taxi. 

• Praise 3

TS wants his cake and eat it.

26 yrs old, just stepped into the economy, got a decent salary for the first time in his life.

wants to splash it all on a “sports” car to look cool and impress chiobus and peers (what else?)

cant afford $300k cash so go for $30k dp using life savings and instalment the rest.

Understandable lah.

when i was 26yrs old, i also got a “sports”car except it was a 16 yr old Mazda RX7.  Loved that car , man……$24k paid with half my life savings. Sold it for $16k after 18mths. Thankfully hardly any repairs required. But i did bring it to Mazda agent once for a choked fuel line and they said they didnt know how to fix it.  
Bloody jokers.  Classic Singapore for you

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I meant to say when your Z4 is in the workshop, can you live with taking public transport?  Or you have access to another family car, then it is not so painful. 

I really dislike workshop visits, send in the car, then must go and collect after repair is done. At the meantime, need to make alternative arrangement. Hence I will only buy a very high maintenance car if I have 2 cars in the family.

I totally understand what you are saying there, in the first 2 months of me buying a COE car, I was at the workshop every week for repairs. 

Dropped the transmission twice within 4 weeks just to get at various rubber seals that had hardened up one after another, causing engine oil leaks. Each transmission drop involved a complete flush of the AT fluid - my workshop guy has suggested retaining the drained out AT fluid and re-pouring it back, but I said screw it, just change fresh AT fluid for me.

The returning visits got really bad such that I started sourcing for the spare parts myself from stockist, and then bringing the part directly for my workshop guy to install so that I minimize downtime for my COE car. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1