'Unsafe' for visitors at night: NParks shed light on why after visitors seen stranded behind closed gates

Fitvip

1 minute ago, Victor68 said:

I can understand botanical garden but this sea side I really don't know. Haha

Maybe when night falls, there are unknown animals roaming inside coney island? So it is unsafe for people still walking inside?

↡ Advertisement

4 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I am not sure but horny youngsters?

Anyway, Coney is connected by PCN, if not locked, i am pretty sure it will be invaded nightly by many 1000 lumen bikes. Lots of si ginna around the area. 

Then if any animals inside Coney would get disturb by those si ginna liao? No wonder they locked up Coney after 7pm? Lol.

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You mean 5.30am already got people running inside bt timah nature reserve or macritchie reservior jungle path?

Tried it once at Mac. Yes it is true, there are people setting off to run. In fact maybe you start at 7 am, they finish their run and heading for breakfast already.

They use those small torch worn on the head to light their way. I came unequipped so LL got to quickly keep pace with the fellow in front of me! Else left behind in the dark.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You mean 5.30am already got people running inside bt timah nature reserve or macritchie reservior jungle path?

5:30am already got ppl going down Bkt Timah Hill.

7am already got ppl finish 1 loop of MacRitchie 

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Tried it once at Mac. Yes it is true, there are people setting off to run. In fact maybe you start at 7 am, they finish their run and heading for breakfast already.

They use those small torch worn on the head to light their way. I came unequipped so LL got to quickly keep pace with the fellow in front of me! Else left behind in the dark.

Guess those who run before 7am are regulars who are used in running inside the jungle path in the dark, even they are wearing head torch. You are lucky to bump onto another runner at that time, if not you have to run in the dark liao?! Lol.

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

5:30am already got ppl going down Bkt Timah Hill.

7am already got ppl finish 1 loop of MacRitchie 

So it is safe to go inside these place before opening hours ah?

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

For Bukit Timah Hill, other than no light, I don’t find any issue le

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Even bt timah nature reserve has no gate to close after 7pm, dont think any humans would walk into the nature reserve at night right? Same like macritchie reservoir, also no gate into the jungle path, but no one would want to walk into the jungle at night also la.

why not... there are some who will go and run/trek/take photos at night 😁

i know at least 2 friends who do/did that

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

For Bukit Timah Hill, other than no light, I don’t find any issue le

Wait you step onto some snakes or monkey tail? Lol.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

I am not sure but horny youngsters?

Anyway, Coney is connected by PCN, if not locked, i am pretty sure it will be invaded nightly by many 1000 lumen bikes. Lots of si ginna around the area. 

does Lorong Halus Bridge's lights switched off at night? if not, i hope they do... 

cos many ginna pi with their fixie bikes like to crowd there at night and block the way knn

• Praise 2

48 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No more tigers but be careful of wild boar.  They are active at night. 

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Bukit Timah Hill open from 7am to 7pm.

But car park start at 6:30am🤭

Actually the gate can just jump over 🤣🤣….. that was about 3 years back 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Scion said:

does Lorong Halus Bridge's lights switched off at night? if not, i hope they do... 

cos many ginna pi with their fixie bikes like to crowd there at night and block the way knn

I have no idea, I am not so nocturnal and I usually don't cycle in Punggol, which in my opinion is the PCN with the least lane discipline users 😂

Edited by Voodooman

7 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Actually the gate can just jump over 🤣🤣….. that was about 3 years back 

The gate is always there regardless of timing.
My only problem is car park gantry opens at 6:30am.

When I arrive at 5:30@m, run 2 loop.

Park my car properly.

Run another few before going home

• Praise 2

It seems that wildlife starts becoming active nearing to sunset when the environment starts getting dark but not totally dark that kinda timing window period if u know what I mean.

This is from my past experience...tried walking fr the nature park trails in Chestnut Dr thru Dairy Farm to reach Bt. Timah Nature Reserve but underestimate the time needed and walked into nightfall.

That one evening alone, encountered wild boars, small and big snakes and samba deers. And still, there are quite a number of people I crossed path as it seems it is their usual routines.

Another experience...cycled thru rail (or green?) corridor in the day from Bt. Timah to Tg. Pagar to eat dinner at Chinatown area, made return trip via same stretch but in the night, encountered big snake curling on path making its way from one end to another between the stretch of alexandra and lower delta.

By the time I spotted the snake, hard to stop (also dun dare to stop liao), just got to be ready to run over it as I know it will be fine even so.

Being in these places after dark is pretty scary. The sceneries during day and night are vastly different. I do get the occasional startled and it gets more frequent the darker it gets and the feeling was not good. 

From then on, I only cycled on short stretches of the rail or green corridor at night as a short cut just to connect to other more better lit areas if need to, or avoid totally if possible, or use as many PCN connectors as possible even if it is longer in distance.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

The gate is always there regardless of timing.
My only problem is car park gantry opens at 6:30am.

When I arrive at 5:30@m, run 2 loop.

Park my car properly.

Run another few before going home

Park outside is OK (make sure not the yellow lines part) or usually make it a point to leave by 8 am or so , Place becomes jam packed on weekends; Wardens usually come after  8.30am  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1