Borneo Motor's Guaranteed COE

alphapunk2

Hello guys

I went to the toyota showroom recently and saw on the price list that there's this "Gold COE price" for an extra $1000. Mind you it's not 1 bid guarantee, it's 4 bids guarantee. If you don't opt for it, it's 4 bid non-guarantee.

Anyone knows if it is worth it to top up the extra $1000?

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Depend on if you are in urgent need of a ride. I have yet to hear anyone couldn't secure a Toyota after the 4 bids non guarantee. 

even if i do top up the $1000, it's still possible that i only get the COE on the 4th try? (which means 2 months later)

8 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/newsroom/2021/10/news-releases/COE_quota_for_Nov21_to_Jan_22.html

The quota has been reduced and it will maintain until Jan 2025. 

You will be competing with other car buyers basically, not many coe certificates to go around.

What do you think?

The quota will depends on number of cars scraped. 

All CAT (except C) has zero growth rate till Jan 2025.

27 minutes ago, alphapunk2 said:

even if i do top up the $1000, it's still possible that i only get the COE on the 4th try? (which means 2 months later)

Yes. It depend on the model, ready stock and your scrap date if you are trading in. Getting from Borneo generally take 2 months for delivery regardless guarantee or non guarantee. 

No one can give a straight advice as to guarantee or non guarantee. It very much depend on your need.  Your loan application might play apart as well as to when you will secure your Coe. Check with you our SE. Full payment should not be problem but charge your stupid finance fee 2k (my era). 

My personal view, which I shall not be hold accountable😁, if Borneo cant secure you with a Coe than those ah beng, ah Seng dealers all can only smell exhaust smoke. 

• Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/newsroom/2021/10/news-releases/COE_quota_for_Nov21_to_Jan_22.html

The quota has been reduced and it will maintain until Jan 2025. 

You will be competing with other car buyers basically, not many coe certificates to go around.

What do you think?

Like that better top up to G bid COE?! Lol.

• Praise 1

TS can pose the question to Borneo SE.

"historically any incident where Borneo failed to secure a Coe for customer?"

Answer no: good save 1k.

Answer yes: follow up question why so? Is it bid amount too low? Any chance of subsequent top up? And chance of Coe rebate adjustments. 😁

See how he/she answered and you judge is the 1k worthwhile. 😂

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, alphapunk2 said:

Hello guys

I went to the toyota showroom recently and saw on the price list that there's this "Gold COE price" for an extra $1000. Mind you it's not 1 bid guarantee, it's 4 bids guarantee. If you don't opt for it, it's 4 bid non-guarantee.

Anyone knows if it is worth it to top up the extra $1000?

basically its a gamble .. 

after the event it will be very easy to look back and say so clever/lucky or so stupid/unlucky ..

why?

if COE price shoots up, then if you paid an extra $1000 you will say clever/lucky .. if you didnt pay the extra $1000 you will say so stupid/unlucky ..

if COE price remains or goes down, then if you paid an extra $1000 more you will say alamak should have saved that $1000 .. 

so, who wants to take the risk of CPE prices? 

you want the car company to take that risk? then pay the extra $1000.

if you want to gamble and carry that risk yourself, then save the $1000 ..

you want to take the gamble/risk?

for me, look at the bigger picture - COE supply down, chances are prices will not be down .. $1000 out of your $100000+ is hardly even 1% ..

• Praise 4

I would. 

If its 1 bid Guaranteed COE. 

4 bids Guaranteed COE and Gold COE Price kinda gimmicky and makes fun of the meaning of GUARANTEED. 

Guaranteed = 100% sure/no leakage/golden words/confirmed Chop Chop/iron-clad

😂😂😂 If need 4 times to guarantee, then it's potentially allowing 3 promises made to be broken and final one bo bian, must get COE liao. 

Sorry, unless you very urgently need the car and $1000 is loose change, I will opt to keep my change, however loose. 

Yada-ing. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, alphapunk2 said:

COE supply is low now, if you opt for the non guarantee option, there might be a chance that you will not get your COE, though chances of not getting one is low judging from BM's history.
Guarantee option would give you a better assurance of getting one. If I will you, i will pay that 1k more, after all you are spending more than 100k for a car, 1k more is 0.X% , but in return , that would buy you an assurance during this low COE quota period.
If you do not like the uncertainty  of waiting for 4 tris, you can ask them how much more you should top up to get the 1st try guarantee COE. Any problems that can be resolved by money is not a problem. 😂   

I am also yadaing. After all the talking, i am only driving a COE car. haha. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

38 minutes ago, Kopites said:

TS can pose the question to Borneo SE.

"historically any incident where Borneo failed to secure a Coe for customer?"

Answer no: good save 1k.

Answer yes: follow up question why so? Is it bid amount too low? Any chance of subsequent top up? And chance of Coe rebate adjustments. 😁

See how he/she answered and you judge is the 1k worthwhile. 😂

they sell car every day, i am sure they hvae 10 years seriers ansewrs lah.

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

I am not that hopeful. They already mentioned car-lite. 

They said car lite for a long time liao. But dont forget, they need revenue from LTA also. close to 15% of SGP rev comes from LTA, car lite would mean pocket lite. They will probably keep the car population status quo or on a very slow declining %. Moreover, all the express way, new roads have been built, they need to ensure adequate usage to avoid wasting infra investment 

23 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

they sell car every day, i am sure they hvae 10 years seriers ansewrs lah.

Precisely. I won't be too bother with guarantee or non guarantee when getting from Borneo. 

I am no lawyer but do read the fine prints. For example, are there any exception clause(s) where the guarantor can void the guarantee? I can see business able to guarantee the next COE but to predict the trajectory for 4 bid cycles with a buffer of $1,000 needs some real guts or else really need to pad the margins to prevent loss.