Borneo Motor's Guaranteed COE

alphapunk2

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Yes. It depend on the model, ready stock and your scrap date if you are trading in. Getting from Borneo generally take 2 months for delivery regardless guarantee or non guarantee. 

No one can give a straight advice as to guarantee or non guarantee. It very much depend on your need.  Your loan application might play apart as well as to when you will secure your Coe. Check with you our SE. Full payment should not be problem but charge your stupid finance fee 2k (my era). 

My personal view, which I shall not be hold accountable😁, if Borneo cant secure you with a Coe than those ah beng, ah Seng dealers all can only smell exhaust smoke. 

Wah your era good already, orh gong you 2k nia for not taking loan. My era, one of my ex-colleague wants to full payment for an Altis fo 80k. They gave him 2 options. 1. Take minimum 3 years loan or 2. Go fly kite. (Don't want to sell him wor). 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 5
  • Haha! 2

If you don’t have a car that’s running out of COE, or you can do without a car within these two months, then go in without the $1,000.

But if you need a car, then negotiate for $1,000 1-bid guaranteed.

Many people who sign on the line for non-guaranteed COE already psyche themselves up for a new car, what with the deposit, paperwork and selection of trim and colour. 

And the salesman would then cajole them to change over to guaranteed or top up, since the car is already “allocated” to them.

But it isn’t…… it’s non-guaranteed, unless you paid for it.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Kopites said:

TS can pose the question to Borneo SE.

"historically any incident where Borneo failed to secure a Coe for customer?"

Answer no: good save 1k.

Answer yes: follow up question why so? Is it bid amount too low? Any chance of subsequent top up? And chance of Coe rebate adjustments. 😁

See how he/she answered and you judge is the 1k worthwhile. 😂

They will never answer No even if that's the answer. Because that's probably against company policy. Why lose the extra grand? 

Actually, with COE prices being what they are, I'm amazed there are still people dickering over a measly thousand bucks. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 3

alright thanks for the input everyone. Looks like the best advice is to negotiate "1 bid guaranteed" for the extra $1000. Can't wait for the AD spec Hybrid RAV 4 coming in April!! 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

They will never answer No even if that's the answer. Because that's probably against company policy. Why lose the extra grand? 

Actually, with COE prices being what they are, I'm amazed there are still people dickering over a measly thousand bucks. 

Actually I did asked in early 2000s when getting my Vios back then.

I can still vividly remembered he said "never heard of anyone not able to get a Toyota due to coe. "😂

I was still pretty young back then a novice as to the local car market. Anyway back then Coe was 10k plus. 😁

When I was getting the next door Borneo ride for wifey a few ago I merely asked them to state the delivery date. Don't bother with what guarantee or non guarantee. 😁

• Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I can still vividly remembered he said "never heard of anyone not able to get a Toyota due to coe. "😂

I was still pretty young back then a novice as to the local car market. Anyway back then Coe was 10k plus. 😁

When I was getting the next door Borneo ride for wifey a few ago I merely asked them to state the delivery date. Don't bother with what guarantee or non guarantee. 😁

See at a 10k COE, I wouldn't dream of criticising you for quibbling about an extra 1k. That's 10 percent. I would've quibbled too. 

But with 57+k, 80+k etc? Nah. 

• Haha! 1

Yes.

Finance charge 2k. Insurance 1k. The guarantee and non should be 1k (maybe 2k could not remembered now). The car itself with Coe was 52k on the road.  Altis 65plus and Camry 80k.😁 Cheap relative to today's pricing.

8 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

See at a 10k COE, I wouldn't dream of criticising you for quibbling about an extra 1k. That's 10 percent. I would've quibbled too. 

But with 57+k, 80+k etc? Nah. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, alphapunk2 said:

alright thanks for the input everyone. Looks like the best advice is to negotiate "1 bid guaranteed" for the extra $1000. Can't wait for the AD spec Hybrid RAV 4 coming in April!! 

if you are buying a new model, and the car is not in Singapore soil yet, then I am not sure do you need the guarantee.....but then again if that guarantee CAN SECURE COE in April aka fixed your purchase price than might advise you to spend the $1000, as COE likely upwards in April.

Reason, BM will never bid for COE unless car is inside Singapore for risk management purposes as COE have a 3 to 6 mths lifespan depending on CAT B or E etc.

Car can miss production dateline due to supply chain, strike etc. and shipping can delay too due to custom clearance , ship sink like Evergreen in Suez Canel then that evergreen sabo many others ship delivery dateline due to blockage etc.

so technically if you are buying the hybrid RAV4 as mention then you are looking at April COE onwards. that $1,000 might also be BM tactic to secure sales now and also to build margin in case COE really goes up

Edited by D3badge
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Yes.

Finance charge 2k. Insurance 1k. The guarantee and non should be 1k (maybe 2k could not remembered now). The car itself with Coe was 52k on the road.  Altis 65plus and Camry 80k.😁 Cheap relative to today's pricing.

In early 2000s coe was 10k plus? Vios was selling at 52k? Got so cheap in 2000s? I remember in 2004, vios was 65k.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

In early 2000s coe was 10k plus? Vios was selling at 52k? Got so cheap in 2000s? I remember in 2004, vios was 65k.

06 $52600. Coe should be 10k plus

• Praise 1

OT since from different AD but I was told at PML that once booked they will always have a COE for you.I guess their margins are so great that the fluctuations in COE don't matter 😪

12 hours ago, Kopites said:

About 10years ago Borneo did piss off quite a number of customers when coe rose. Many could not secure their coe, so much for the reputation of Borneo always securing their coe even for non guaranteed. 
I think if one searches the post here, there was a topic on this. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Kopites said:

06 $52600. Coe should be 10k plus

I see, you refer to 2006. That year coe is around 10k plus, vios is priced around 50k plus.

• Praise 1

I want to know if 1-bid guaranteed bid, guarantees you a COE by next bid? Or BM can wait until 1 month, or maybe even longer to make that 1-bid?

2 hours ago, shrjun said:

OT since from different AD but I was told at PML that once booked they will always have a COE for you.I guess their margins are so great that the fluctuations in COE don't matter 😪

Yes, once they accept your price, i are 99% guaranteed a COE. 

the sales say so far, NONE failed bid / cant get car due to coe after signed.

28 minutes ago, Holee said:

I want to know if 1-bid guaranteed bid, guarantees you a COE by next bid? Or BM can wait until 1 month, or maybe even longer to make that 1-bid?

If it is from AD, usually it is really the next bid, but it is better you check with them or get them to state a date in your contract.  I have  heard of cases from PI, 1 bid meaning a bid that they will bid for at their own time. There might be a few reasons they will do this, one is COE too high at certain bids, or they want to use that  10k deposit for cash flow purpose.

3 hours ago, shrjun said:

One would understand why  if he knows how much PML is marking up from their cars. 😃

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement