Borneo Motor's Guaranteed COE

alphapunk2

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

I see, you refer to 2006. That year coe is around 10k plus, vios is priced around 50k plus.

I remembered SJN series there was a month Coe $500 only. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Holee said:

I want to know if 1-bid guaranteed bid, guarantees you a COE by next bid? Or BM can wait until 1 month, or maybe even longer to make that 1-bid?

BM will bid the next bid wont hold you up, unless you sign on monday night or tuesday>? when COE bid is Wednesday ? then maybe next bid. BM will wanna clear stock and move the cars in warehouse too, as they indent quite a decent volume each shipment, thus they can indent new cars from Toyota. if they commit 1 bid guarantee , they have factor in all the margin, only make more or slightly lesser from your sales! 

sidetrack that why when you go buy Lexus, you take warehouse stock no issue, but if you say I want this exterior colour plus this interior colour with this trim etc, I am willing to wait indent for me! you get charge additional $8,000 😂😂😂 indirectly force you to take warehouse car to clear stock!!

Edited by D3badge

23 hours ago, 13177 said:

In early 2000s coe was 10k plus? Vios was selling at 52k? Got so cheap in 2000s? I remember in 2004, vios was 65k.

My Vios was $43k in 2009.  My BM salesman even threw in some freebies 🤗

Now $43k can't even smell the COE 😪

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Kopites said:

I remembered SJN series there was a month Coe $500 only. 

I got one at 689 or 869 I forgot liao

• Haha! 1

On 1/28/2022 at 12:23 PM, alphapunk2 said:

Hello guys

I went to the toyota showroom recently and saw on the price list that there's this "Gold COE price" for an extra $1000. Mind you it's not 1 bid guarantee, it's 4 bids guarantee. If you don't opt for it, it's 4 bid non-guarantee.

Anyone knows if it is worth it to top up the extra $1000?

From a technical analysis of the COE trend, Cat A is on the way up.  Moreover, the gap between Cat A and B is very large, therefore Cat A could eventually move up to close the gap with Cat B since the next quarter quota is still very tight and the civil service performance bonus is coming in March.  Therefore, a top-up gives peace of mind.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, D3badge said:

BM will bid the next bid wont hold you up, unless you sign on monday night or tuesday>? when COE bid is Wednesday ? then maybe next bid. BM will wanna clear stock and move the cars in warehouse too, as they indent quite a decent volume each shipment, thus they can indent new cars from Toyota. if they commit 1 bid guarantee , they have factor in all the margin, only make more or slightly lesser from your sales! 

sidetrack that why when you go buy Lexus, you take warehouse stock no issue, but if you say I want this exterior colour plus this interior colour with this trim etc, I am willing to wait indent for me! you get charge additional $8,000 😂😂😂 indirectly force you to take warehouse car to clear stock!!

I think BM usually sell their cars based on the stock they have or what they have in their coming shipment. So customers choose what exterior color and what interior colour they have. Lol.

15 minutes ago, awhtc said:

My Vios was $43k in 2009.  My BM salesman even threw in some freebies 🤗

Now $43k can't even smell the COE 😪

If vios was 43k in 2009, then how much was korean car? Since back then jap and korean cars difference always like about 10k. Cause i remember in 2004 when vios was 65k, accent was 55k.

What freebies the salesman threw in? I always heard toyota cars seldom got freebies de?! Lol.

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

If vios was 43k in 2009, then how much was korean car? Since back then jap and korean cars difference always like about 10k. Cause i remember in 2004 when vios was 65k, accent was 55k.

What freebies the salesman threw in? I always heard toyota cars seldom got freebies de?! Lol.

Korean brands cannot buy during that period.  Their quality and engine performance were not there.  It was only from around 2015 onwards that they caught up with the Japanese brands.  My additional freebies were free chrome tailpipe (~$30) and under-carriage anti-rust coating (~$400).

• Praise 2

15 hours ago, Arogab said:

I got one at 689 or 869 I forgot liao

damn cheap, but do you feel you are richer? if you do not, that means you are quite rich. 😅

Edited by Ct3833

44 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

damn cheap, but do you feel you are richer? if you do not, that means you are quite rich. 😅

Me poor man lah. Still working hard and harder😂

4 hours ago, awhtc said:

Korean brands cannot buy during that period.  Their quality and engine performance were not there.  It was only from around 2015 onwards that they caught up with the Japanese brands.  My additional freebies were free chrome tailpipe (~$30) and under-carriage anti-rust coating (~$400).

Cannot buy korean brand during that period? Though korean brands become not bad from 2006 onwards? And during that period the matrix, getz and avante quite popular le. Esp the avante in 2009, almost like everyone were driving one sia?! Lol.

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Cannot buy korean brand during that period? Though korean brands become not bad from 2006 onwards? And during that period the matrix, getz and avante quite popular le. Esp the avante in 2009, almost like everyone were driving one sia?! Lol.

They were petrol guzzlers.  You still see many NCP93 Vios around now, but no more Matrix and Getz, and very occasionally Avante.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, awhtc said:

They were petrol guzzlers.  You still see many NCP93 Vios around now, but no more Matrix and Getz, and very occasionally Avante.

Seldom see Matrix now, but i stilll see Getz and avante on the road now le.

Cannot compare toyota with korean in terms of petrol consumption la. Toyota is default to be petrol savers for dont now how many decades liao. Thats why people always say if you want a car good in petrol consumption, get a Toyota. Lol. 

Edited by 13177

16 hours ago, 13177 said:

Avante(m) was $33k in 3/2009. Boss of komoco was in the showroom and guaranteed me a coe. Alas I didn’t buy. Hahhah

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Avante(m) was $33k in 3/2009. Boss of komoco was in the showroom and guaranteed me a coe. Alas I didn’t buy. Hahhah

Wa, only $33k for avante? If buy OPC, 16k only for a 1.6L mid sedan car le! No wonder back then seems like everyone can afford a car.

Why so headache?? Just ask the SE throw in foc upgrade to leather seats and G COE la. If don't want then just find another SE.

I got my mine at the first bid cause I chose colour that had existing stock.

@13177 coe in 2009 was $5k plus/minus in the first quarter, went up to $11k+ in June and $18/$19 plus/minus end of the year. I bought my Airwave in Dec 2009 at $62k with a coe of $18.502. My bil got his Cerato few months earlier at $54k. If Vios was really $43k it was really a steal price man!

Lowest recorded price I can find was $48,488 for a 1.5G in Jan 2009. 

https://www.------.com/new-cars/car-prices/1234/toyota-vios-1-5-g-a

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wormee said:

@13177 coe in 2009 was $5k plus/minus in the first quarter, went up to $11k+ in June and $18/$19 plus/minus end of the year. I bought my Airwave in Dec 2009 at $62k with a coe of $18.502. My bil got his Cerato few months earlier at $54k. If Vios was really $43k it was really a steal price man!

Lowest recorded price I can find was $48,488 for a 1.5G in Jan 2009. 

https://www.------.com/new-cars/car-prices/1234/toyota-vios-1-5-g-a

So you only found lowest recorded price for vios was $48?! So guess the $43k maybe it was a special promo from BM or clearing stock pricing or it was a manual vios? Lol.

↡ Advertisement