Borneo Motor's Guaranteed COE

alphapunk2

Neutral Newbie
On 2/13/2022 at 2:49 PM, alphapunk2 said:

unfortunately no. I was going for the Rav 4 which is Cat B price, till i heard that Borneo Motors will be bringing in the Hybrid version in march/april so i held off on the purchase.  Looking at the current prices i think i might not be able to buy it though. Might have to wait till 2023 for the prices to go down to at least $50000-$60000

Why not PI RAV4 hybrid ? 

↡ Advertisement

Just now, Wish75 said:

Why not PI RAV4 hybrid ? 

PI only has the bare bones spec. smallest wheels, smallest screen on speedometer, no screen on infotainment, plastic door handles and steering wheel, fabric seats, no power tailgate, no rear storage cover.

Not for me....

Neutral Newbie
4 hours ago, D3badge said:

please refer to the Mercedes GLB premium plus thread...............

Thats 2nd hand car dealer 

if going for brand new 

go for bigger PI and check out the car before signing .

the GLB buyer did not check before signing for only himself to blame 

Neutral Newbie
4 hours ago, alphapunk2 said:

PI only has the bare bones spec. smallest wheels, smallest screen on speedometer, no screen on infotainment, plastic door handles and steering wheel, fabric seats, no power tailgate, no rear storage cover.

Not for me....

Rim can change locally 

leather given, power tailgate do locally, aftermarket headunit is better if you intend to change the speakers, steering wrap can do locally 

all these add up, is still cheaper too hahaha.. can customise to your individual style 

keyless if I rem, 

well up to you since it’s your $$

On 2/13/2022 at 3:52 PM, alphapunk2 said:

@awhtc oh right i forgot about the 9% GST. I'll see if i can stretch the budget and buy in march/april

Not 9%, it is 1% more and another 1% more, do a bit of calculation, mai chong dong. 

On 1/28/2022 at 11:15 PM, D3badge said:

if you are buying a new model, and the car is not in Singapore soil yet, then I am not sure do you need the guarantee.....but then again if that guarantee CAN SECURE COE in April aka fixed your purchase price than might advise you to spend the $1000, as COE likely upwards in April.

Reason, BM will never bid for COE unless car is inside Singapore for risk management purposes as COE have a 3 to 6 mths lifespan depending on CAT B or E etc.

Car can miss production dateline due to supply chain, strike etc. and shipping can delay too due to custom clearance , ship sink like Evergreen in Suez Canel then that evergreen sabo many others ship delivery dateline due to blockage etc.

so technically if you are buying the hybrid RAV4 as mention then you are looking at April COE onwards. that $1,000 might also be BM tactic to secure sales now and also to build margin in case COE really goes up

I hope TS book with earlier sales price 😅