Keep changing battery

Bluepica

12 hours ago, Bluepica said:

The battery now is already 2.5yrs old, flattened 2 twice for past 6 months…

I just found the fault.. it’s my Thinkware F750… I checked the recording, it’s been recording every min every movement in the MSCP … the last recording shows the battery level only 5.2V !! 

I checked the cam settings , it’s in recording mode and the cut off recording battery level is 12.2V …

but it’s still recording when battery falls below this threshold value. But I think it’s intermittent fault ..  I think when the batt flattened 6 months ago, the same trait happened, n I set the cam to lower sensitivity n try to park the car whereby not much movement detected…

now I dunno to change the battery or not .

Rather than voltage regulator, install a cellink neo.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

45 minutes ago, alphapunk2 said:

Does anyone know if there are any special considerations when installing a dashcam to a hybrid vehicle? I'm talking battery wise.

It still run from 12v battery.

Not from Hybrid system 

49 minutes ago, alphapunk2 said:

Does anyone know if there are any special considerations when installing a dashcam to a hybrid vehicle? I'm talking battery wise.

Most Japanese hybrid cars have a small 35AH battery for starting. Dashcam would be connected to this battery.

So you have the same limitation as a normal car with 35AH battery. Your dashcam can drain that battery flat, if it doesn't behave well.

Hybrid batteries is separate from this starting battery.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:33 PM, Bluepica said:

The battery now is already 2.5yrs old, flattened 2 twice for past 6 months…

I just found the fault.. it’s my Thinkware F750… I checked the recording, it’s been recording every min every movement in the MSCP … the last recording shows the battery level only 5.2V !! 

I checked the cam settings , it’s in recording mode and the cut off recording battery level is 12.2V …

but it’s still recording when battery falls below this threshold value. But I think it’s intermittent fault ..  I think when the batt flattened 6 months ago, the same trait happened, n I set the cam to lower sensitivity n try to park the car whereby not much movement detected…

now I dunno to change the battery or not .

I suggest getting another installer to check on the dashcam wiring or switch off the parking mode.

• Praise 1

Parasite DC current can best detect by checking  amp draw at each suspected fuse via a amp tester

ACT 35.jpg

Edited by Yeobh
↡ Advertisement