PSA: Beware of this road addition at junction of Aljunied Rd and Sims Ave, towards MacPherson Rd direction

hyperdrive

This is unsafe for dirvers if you are not attentive. Beware when you reach the junction of Aljunied Rd and Sims Ave, towards MacPherson Rd direction. The road divider is protruding too much into the lane, making the lane much narrower. It’s dangerous if drivers don’t notice it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Angry 2
  • Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, hyperdrive said:

This is unsafe for dirvers if you are not attentive. Beware when you reach the junction of Aljunied Rd and Sims Ave, towards MacPherson Rd direction. The road divider is protruding too much into the lane, making the lane much narrower. It’s dangerous if drivers don’t notice it.

this lta jiak liao bee

• Haha! 8

49 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

this lta jiak liao bee

Guess LTA never check on any road works after they have completed by the contractor? This is why you always see poor and shoddy job done on the road. So you are not wrong to say LTA jiak liao bee. Lol.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Guess LTA never check on any road works after they have completed by the contractor? This is why you always see poor and shoddy job done on the road. So you are not wrong to say LTA jiak liao bee. Lol.

i wonder if lta will rectify this... maybe 1 year later?

51 minutes ago, alphapunk2 said:

report to LTA pls

Stupid idiots at LTA came up with this design one lah! I can predict some idiot will come up to explain this is to slow down the traffic to make the junction safer. 

Never cross their small brains that it will force drivers to suddenly stop or swerve into the left lane when they see the enlarged divider. If they don't see they will drive over it. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

Stupid idiots at LTA came up with this design one lah! I can predict some idiot will come up to explain this is to slow down the traffic to make the junction safer. 

Never cross their small brains that it will force drivers to suddenly stop or swerve into the left lane when they see the enlarged divider. If they don't see they will drive over it. 

let's all complain to the MP of that area

22 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

You are right. Seems like a new design. A similar one at Yishun. I always have to slow down when reaching this point.

IMG20220130205400.jpg

• Haha! 1

Which moron came up with this design ??? The way it's spreading in many places shows that it's not the oversight of a random contractor

Edited by Kia1217

10 hours ago, Jp66 said:

You are right. Seems like a new design. A similar one at Yishun. I always have to slow down when reaching this point.

It cut both ways.. If you are aware you slow down it serve its propose.. but those fxxker who speed and not familiarize with that junction may send the car flying..

I see some junctions had this magical design added.. 

Turbocharged

after more cars go turtle from these curbs, then maybe the brilliant scholars will realise that there are real world consequences to their ideas.

Probably should update this thread ...

This 1st lane used to be straight-or-right-turn, now the arrow has been repainted to right-turn-only. So the chances of a car driving straight into the extended divider is reduced. A different kind of stupid. But still stupid 🙄

Edited by Sogo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1