Caltex attendant pump wrongly. Ex boss helped

Atonchia

If the driver has not yet  start the vehicle,  the problem can be easily  resolve by using a siphon pump to remove all the fuel from the tank.

SHP19.jpg

SHP19 display.jpg

↡ Advertisement

28 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Pretty profitable esp those near estates w/o food centre or provision shops within 200-500m. Its like a 24/7 convenient store. 

The petrol station near my house is the closest convenient store. Buy bread, newspaper(last time), drinks and ready to eat meals.

I presume it is, the mark up is substantial vis-a-vis NTUC, otherwise we can have totally unmanned stations like in some parts of Europe.  Labor is still cheaper than land in SG. 

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Pretty profitable esp those near estates w/o food centre or provision shops within 200-500m. Its like a 24/7 convenient store. 

The petrol station near my house is the closest convenient store. Buy bread, newspaper(last time), drinks and ready to eat meals.

Also must see what petrol station. Some convenient store in petrol station nothing much to buy or food stuff not say fresh one. So far i still prefer convenient store in Esso.

Pump attendant is definitely a redundant job. If you can be trained to drive a car, you don’t know how to fill your own fuel tank?

This is probably one of those jobs where govt don’t want to phase out as it offers older workers an avenue for relatively senang employment (unlike cleaner, security guard).

• Praise 3

18 minutes ago, Fitmugen said:

Pump attendant is definitely a redundant job. If you can be trained to drive a car, you don’t know how to fill your own fuel tank?

This is probably one of those jobs where govt don’t want to phase out as it offers older workers an avenue for relatively senang employment (unlike cleaner, security guard).

Our driving curriculum don't teach fill 10

😂

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Our driving curriculum don't teach fill 10

😂

they will soon incorporate "How to Charge your EV" in their syllabus! whahahahhaha.. 

• Haha! 2

If such a thing were to happen to me. I will think twice about asking people to pay. Cos I myself will think why it happen and how can the other person pay for it if he cannot afford? Or even if he can afford, why?

Recently someone came to repair my my flooring in Thailand. That guy pulled the TV console to shift away and damaged my speaker cable. I asked myself, I did remove the speaker. Why didn't I remove the cable. The job of that guy probably is a few k THB and the cable might cost him the price. 

How to make people pay. I just tell him he should just be more careful. Cos he may not meet people like me. Some people will make him pay. 

Always when I pump, I also go look at the guy did the right thing before I go. How can I blame the guy. Driver should not do that

• Praise 10

2 minutes ago, Arogab said:

If such a thing were to happen to me. I will think twice about asking people to pay. Cos I myself will think why it happen and how can the other person pay for it if he cannot afford? Or even if he can afford, why?

Recently someone came to repair my my flooring in Thailand. That guy pulled the TV console to shift away and damaged my speaker cable. I asked myself, I did remove the speaker. Why didn't I remove the cable. The job of that guy probably is a few k THB and the cable might cost him the price. 

How to make people pay. I just tell him he should just be more careful. Cos he may not meet people like me. Some people will make him pay. 

Always when I pump, I also go look at the guy did the right thing before I go. How can I blame the guy. Driver should not do that

If everyone like you, weapons manufacturers go belly up😂

• Haha! 6

4 minutes ago, RadX said:

If everyone like you, weapons manufacturers go belly up😂

That's why I did mention "he may meet someone and make him pay" 😂

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Arogab said:

That's why I did mention "he may meet someone and make him pay" 😂

Not so many nice people in this society now lo. He will meet majority people that make him pay. Lol.

Haha, I never Pump Cow Tax, Esso and Sinopex are better, if it the wrong petrol, the pump nozzle will not fit in and it has coloured dispenser to indicate 95/98 or Premium grade de.

I prefer Sinopex best as every station thy would assign an individual pump attendant to refuel for you. And I always repeat myself to the pump attendance 95 pls Full tank after unplug the car pump button plus I will add water myself while watching the attendance perform his duty diligently- after Payment I would be checking on the grade/ fuel cost on quantity, price & amount to prevent any dispute later.

31 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Not so many nice people in this society now lo. He will meet majority people that make him pay. Lol.

I suppose so. But I am one who does not want to be spoke about in this kind of thread. Haha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

@Ody_2004 I had seen many EV owner after plugging in the EV charger onto the front bonnet unit, thy would return to the driver seat, lowered his car seat and snooze off for 40-50 mins ( air con on . . .  basically nothing to do except napping ) redundant job.🤤

Spoiler

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

Haha, I never Pump Cow Tax, Esso and Sinopex are better, if it the wrong petrol, the pump nozzle will not fit in and it has coloured dispenser to indicate 95/98 or Premium grade de.

I prefer Sinopex best as every station thy would assign an individual pump attendant to refuel for you. And I always repeat myself to the pump attendance 95 pls Full tank after unplug the car pump button plus I will add water myself while watching the attendance perform his duty diligently- after Payment I would be checking on the grade/ fuel cost on quantity, price & amount to prevent any dispute later.

Ownself pump the best. No need to communicate anything. Even if overfill and spill petrol, it’s my own fault. The only negative is that the whole process takes 2-3mins longer as I need to pump then pay. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

@Ody_2004 I had seen many EV owner after plugging in the EV charger onto the front bonnet unit, thy would return to the driver seat, lowered his car seat and snooze off for 40-50 mins ( air con on . . .  basically nothing to do except napping ) redundant job.🤤

Hide contents

Lol, that is quite a funny sight for some reason. 

Imagine walking past AMK hub basement EV charging point to see 2 families sleeping inside their EVs.

• Praise 1

Can you imagine once the EV car start full force, then all EV car start this process of re-charging, all napping inside, I find it really funny yet something gonna to happen outside the waiting area, the other EV cars all queuing up for their turn . . . knowing many Singaporeans are impatience lot.😉

↡ Advertisement