What Happens to Supercars After 2030-2040?

Soonmunn

Now is 2022, why worry about what is going to happen to cars and COE in 2040 ? What is important is now and the years in front of you, like your job, family , health etc. You can think of supercar everyday but nothing is going to change by thinking. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Soonmunn said:

With the move to all EVs in 2040, this implies that at some point they have to stop issuing 10yr COEs probably by 2030.  And 2030 is just 7years away.

2 hours ago, Lotr said:

Where does it say to stop issuing COEs?

23 minutes ago, Soonmunn said:

No one said PAP will stop COE for all cars. According to their plan they will continue COE for EVs in 2040.

They imply they will end ICE cars by 2040 so that means no more COEs for new ICE or even for renewed COEe for old Ice cars. This is the ambiguos part as i doubt they thought this through thoroughly.

Your first statement can be interpreted as garment will stop issuing COEs for all cars, although your reply clarified after my question.  If they are determined to phase out ICE vehicles by 2040, simply stop registration of ICE vehicles in 2030.  COE system remains unchanged.

Govt also had a plan for the Singapore national football team to make the World Cup finals by 2010. Where did that land up? Goal posts can change at the drop of a hat. Dun think too much about something 2 decades away. 

• Haha! 2

ICE supercars will be here to stay..govt won't want to offend the top 5% taxpayers with their supercars. 2040 just stop selling brand new ICE cars. Coe will continue since its free money for the govt. To make more people change from ICE to EV, give EV more monetary incentives, at the same time increase pump prices to 10 dollars a litre. The remaining ICE drivers would be the supercars coz they can afford 10 dollars a litre for petrol. Commoners would be forced by their pockets to change to EV lor...

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Soonmunn said:

@Stratovarius ok i was not aware they let us renew COE for existing ice cars. This would be the exception i mentioned above.

But if they did this and everyone renewed COE on old ice cars it would delay their gaol of getting all EVs on our roads.

But i conceed it may come to this because they simply have not addressed the lack of charging stations.  If they cant install enough charging stations they may still need to let us keep the old ice cars.

Once again this is all speculation atm coz as usual PAP did not give enuff details for actual implementation of their plan. They just set a arbitrary date and target and...usually they willl NATO..

What, you weren't aware COE renewals were possible? No offence, but we get a lot of youngsters here asking questions related to their school projects, are you one of them? Nothing wrong in that, but it's good to be upfront. 

The COE scheme has a lot of nuances. 5 year cannot renew, 10 year can. Amount is based on a previous 3 month moving average. Renewal means lose PARF. Etc. Very cheem. You should read more before blue-sky thinking about EV and future trends and what-not. Crawl before you walk, walk before you run, run before you fly. Again, no offence. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

If I can live till 2040, Buses and Trains will also be EV, literally Pig can fly . . . let's not worry too much. I see G only know how to push the boundary , merely due to car manufacturers are pushing ahead with new frontiers unless they die die depends on diesel/diesel+ formula for heavy duty vehicular trucks and excavators for construction.

Hypothetically speaking not all things the same or equal though, I reckon small cars will still be around in some countries due to their hilly terrain & mountainous slope, like Japan, Italy, France . . . it would be a shame if ICE is taken off once reach 2040, we still need old vintage cars for memory sake

11 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

If I can live till 2040, Buses and Trains will also be EV, literally Pig can fly . . . let's not worry too much. I see G only know how to push the boundary , merely due to car manufacturers are pushing ahead with new frontiers unless they die die depends on diesel/diesel+ formula for heavy duty vehicular trucks and excavators for construction.

Hypothetically speaking not all things the same or equal though, I reckon small cars will still be around in some countries due to their hilly terrain & mountainous slope, like Japan, Italy, France . . . it would be a shame if ICE is taken off once reach 2040, we still need old vintage cars for memory sake

Wait till, tanks can become EV one.

Then likely all vehicles are EV

35 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

What, you weren't aware COE renewals were possible? No offence, but we get a lot of youngsters here asking questions related to their school projects, are you one of them? Nothing wrong in that, but it's good to be upfront. 

The COE scheme has a lot of nuances. 5 year cannot renew, 10 year can. Amount is based on a previous 3 month moving average. Renewal means lose PARF. Etc. Very cheem. You should read more before blue-sky thinking about EV and future trends and what-not. Crawl before you walk, walk before you run, run before you fly. Again, no offence. 

I think his question is if coe renewal for ice cars is possible after 2040. 

1 minute ago, Stratovarius said:

I think his question is if coe renewal for ice cars is possible after 2040. 

Ok, but he replied to your speculative assertion (that they would probably allow ICE car COE renewals even after new ICE car sales were discontinued) with a rather suspicious "ok i was not aware they let us renew COE for existing ice cars. " 

Which makes it sound like he's not aware of current policy. 

Your point was a supposition only because no one can be certain what this gahmen will think of next. 

If I got it wrong, I apologise to him. But, really, there is no shame in not knowing something. Our COE scheme is frankly ridiculous. 

• Praise 2

The fear is that ICE car will soon suffer the same fate as Motorcycles registered before 1st July 2003.

https://www.nea.gov.sg/media/news/news/index/government-to-incentivise-de-registration-of-older-more-pollutive-motorcycles-over-next-five-years-before-phasing-them-out-in-2028

Government To Incentivise De-Registration Of Older, More Pollutive Motorcycles Over Next Five Years, Before Phasing Them Out In 2028

06 Apr 2018

Singapore, 6 April 2018 – To reduce air pollution, the National Environment Agency (NEA) will be offering an incentive of up to $3,500 for owners of older, more pollutive motorcycles which were registered before 1 July 2003, to de-register their motorcycles over the next five years. NEA will also tighten the in-use emission standards for these motorcycles from 6 April 2023. These motorcycles will no longer be allowed for use on Singapore’s roads after 30 June 2028.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Ok, but he replied to your speculative assertion (that they would probably allow ICE car COE renewals even after new ICE car sales were discontinued) with a rather suspicious "ok i was not aware they let us renew COE for existing ice cars. " 

Which makes it sound like he's not aware of current policy. 

Your point was a supposition only because no one can be certain what this gahmen will think of next. 

If I got it wrong, I apologise to him. But, really, there is no shame in not knowing something. Our COE scheme is frankly ridiculous. 

His post wasn't really clear on bringing out his question so I had to read through a few times. Lol.

But I kinda understand his concerns as some coe cars are collectibles and cost alot more than the coe paper value. 

• Praise 1

If it were a term assignment and I was the lecturer or teaching assistant grading his paper, I’d dismiss any conclusions drawn from responses of an Internet forum where respondents are effectively anonymous and cannot be cited as reference. They got to learn that surveys have to be conducted properly, even if it’s a form hosted by Surveymonkey.

Edited by Macrosszero
  • Praise 3

7 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

If it were a term assignment and I was the lecturer or teaching assistant grading his paper, I’d dismiss any conclusions drawn from responses of an Internet forum where respondents are effectively anonymous and cannot be cited as reference. They got to learn that surveys have to be conducted properly, even if it’s a form hosted by Surveymonkey.

Yes. Properly. 😁

These will be coverted to EV power plant. There are quite a few of them already converted on the various motoring shows. Wheeler dealers did a Maserati conversion. Last week's Rev, a German motoring show, shows a Fiat Panda conversion. They also showed quite a few EV conversion vehicles in Germany and other European countries.

In fact, EV conversion makes these cars even more powerful than the ICE that they had.

Edited by Adrianli

3 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

These will be coverted to EV power plant. There are quite a few of them already converted on the various motoring shows. Wheeler dealers did a Maserati conversion. Last week's Rev, a German motoring show, shows a Fiat Panda conversion. They also showed quite a few EV conversion vehicles in Germany and other European countries.

In fact, EV conversion makes these cars even more powerful than the ICE that they had.

Gattaca called it. 

I'm just waiting till we get Mr Fusion. 

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

TS has been around since 2012.

How to Appeal to Extend 5year COE Soonmunn posted a topic in General Car DiscussionSeptember 5, 2021

HD & UHD TVs Price & Inventory Cost Soonmunn replied to NightWind's topic in Lite & EZJune 14, 2014

Audi A5 or Merc C Coupe? Soonmunn replied to MadDog70's topic in Conti TalkOctober 20, 2012

(edited)
2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Pls refer to the original context of my reply. I meant that i was not aware the govt would permit us ti renew COE for ice cars after 2040.

It was quite obvious. 

And to ensure we are on the same page. The tread was about the govt ending ICE cars in 2040. So my statement was in that context

Edited by Soonmunn

1 hour ago, flat6 said:

TS has been around since 2012.

How to Appeal to Extend 5year COE Soonmunn posted a topic in General Car DiscussionSeptember 5, 2021

HD & UHD TVs Price & Inventory Cost Soonmunn replied to NightWind's topic in Lite & EZJune 14, 2014

Audi A5 or Merc C Coupe? Soonmunn replied to MadDog70's topic in Conti TalkOctober 20, 2012

I have been around for awhile and i do own a Maserati GT. 

I am quite amused some one can misinterpret my comments and take it completely out of context.

But hey, we get all kinds here

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1