What Happens to Supercars After 2030-2040?

Soonmunn

6 minutes ago, Soonmunn said:

Pls refer to the original context of my reply. I meant that i was not aware the govt would permit us ti renew COE for ice cars after 2040.

It was quite obvious. 

OK, but noone here can possibly have anything definitive to say on the subject, since they can't see the future.

My personal contention is that, if they're really serious about getting ICE off the roads, they'll have to make it difficult and/or expensive to renew COEs for ICE cars, if not absolutely impossible.

Since this gahmen loves money, a 50 percent (or even 100 percent) surcharge on COE renewals for ICE cars may dissuade enough people to matter. The well-heeled who want to hold on to their exotics in Singapore really won't care. 

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

This started out as a honest bona fide question and its already turning toxic.

I seldom post here unless i wanted  some educated feed back.

My concern is that i may be getting another pre owned ice v8 and with LTA's rather vaque policies i may be left on a limb after 2040. And perhaps i may just have to contend with a EV like a Taycan.

Anyway if this tread deteriorates i will just find out how to delete and end it.

This was meant for friendly discussion. Not for abrasive toxic comments. 

Edited by Soonmunn
  • Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Soonmunn said:

My concern is that i may be getting another pre owned ice v8 and with LTA's rather vaque policies i may be left on a limb after 2040. And perhaps i may just have to contend with a EV like a Taycan.

Anyway if this tread deteriorates i will just find out how to delete and end it.

School assignment indeed what a f**ktard....

This issue has been a hot topic among the P community, both the air-cooled and the newer ones.

One school of thought is that they will do to 2005 ice cars what they did to 2003 motorcycles. Pre 2005 cars can continue as classic cars. Pure conjecture at this point.

12 minutes ago, Soonmunn said:

@flat6 @flat6  Hi how do i delete the tread pls?  I dont post here often and forgot how to delete tread.  anyway i wont return

sorry, cannot help.

not sure you can do so. 

3 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

No reason why this shd be deleted as it is gd info

if individuals cannot stand the heat and get all flustered up by some replies , they shd just continue reading.

must be fun IRL to live and not take such criticisms, be they positive or not

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 3

9 hours ago, Soonmunn said:

I have been around for awhile and i do own a Maserati GT. 

I am quite amused some one can misinterpret my comments and take it completely out of context.

But hey, we get all kinds here

Please. Stop getting your panties in a bunch over it. I was hardly offensive. 

And yes, we do get all kinds here. "Ferreri" indeed. 😂😂😂

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Please. Stop getting your panties in a bunch over it. I was hardly offensive. 

And yes, we do get all kinds here. "Ferreri" indeed. 😂😂😂

Normally you do offend ppl but they dunno but his case I can’t for the hell of me see whr u were offensive

maybe u smell😂😂

does not take much to offend ppl nowadays… cxl culture and all that jazz

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, RadX said:

Normally you do offend ppl but they dunno but his case I can’t for the hell of me see whr u were offensive

maybe u smell😂😂

does not take much to offend ppl nowadays… cxl culture and all that jazz

When I set out to offend, I would at least like the satisfaction of seeing a job well-done. In this case, I totally catch no ball, precisely because I didn't set out to offend. 

I was so gentle some more. Maybe I'm getting old. Ok, really old.😁

• Haha! 1

Last year my boss brooding over how to call us back "50%" at least for meeting when this year the stupid arrangement kicks in. 

I told him not to think so much, things will change. Indeed now HR direction is all WFH 😂

For me I intend to get another coe manual and enjoy while I can. Although probably my case can't be compared to TS who may be forking out much much more for supercars 😬

Judging from what happen in my industry, covid will probably set the EV blueprint set by another 10 years 😬

this was in reference to TS comment that he cannto charge a Taycan at his estate. 1 suggestion for TS and others before they start on EV related topics is to do some read up or engagement on EV platforms first, cos it will make ur discussion more fruitful ... like TS, I live in an estate where there is no forseeable potential or interest to install elec charging point.  but im still ready to convert if the prices are affordable.  why?  cos there's already a few options available to explore, such as free charging from soem AD such as Tesla, bmw, BYD albeit on limited "promotional" basis.  next is the shell station nearby which offers 50 kwh charging which can charge maybe up to 80% in 1 hour.  what this poinst to is a change in lifestyle like leaving ur car at certain selected malls to charge whilst u head for an hour dinner.  a quick search on EV FB groups and EV apps will point anyone in right direction to charging availabe points. hope this is helpful and not toxic .... 🙂 

Edited by Gz0707
  • Praise 2

11 hours ago, Soonmunn said:

Why so sensitive?

bro if you only looking for kind soothing conversation, then best to do Whatsapp group chat with your fellow supercar buddies.

Here is obviously no holds barred. Just explain yourself (which you did) and I am sure the regulars will realize and treat it more seriously

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Gz0707 said:

this was in reference to TS comment that he cannto charge a Taycan at his estate. 1 suggestion for TS and others before they start on EV related topics is to do some read up or engagement on EV platforms first, cos it will make ur discussion more fruitful ... like TS, I live in an estate where there is no forseeable potential or interest to install elec charging point.  but im still ready to convert if the prices are affordable.  why?  cos there's already a few options available to explore, such as free charging from soem AD such as Tesla, bmw, BYD albeit on limited "promotional" basis.  next is the shell station nearby which offers 50 kwh charging which can charge maybe up to 80% in 1 hour.  what this poinst to is a change in lifestyle like leaving ur car at certain selected malls to charge whilst u head for an hour dinner.  a quick search on EV FB groups and EV apps will point anyone in right direction to charging availabe points. hope this is helpful and not toxic .... 🙂 

SP charging offers quite a lot of DC fast charger points across the island also.

7 hours ago, RadX said:

No reason why this shd be deleted as it is gd info

if individuals cannot stand the heat and get all flustered up by some replies , they shd just continue reading.

must be fun IRL to live and not take such criticisms, be they positive or not

It was Day 1 of Lunar New Year, I had drafted something snarky since I was informed to background check him (that he wasn’t a student as I might have speculated). 

But better to be nice lah. He has a Mesereti GT ley.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, DylanChen said:

i only wan to keep my fd2r for my son......

got chance or not?

at least 12 more years lol

Your son is lucky to have a father like you. Think of all the fathers who don't think to leave a nice manual for their sons.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1