What Happens to Supercars After 2030-2040?

Soonmunn

34 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Haha... I don't understand why so many are so pessimistic. If there is strong demand and money to be made, supply will catch up and it is really not rocket science to build charging stations.

Anyway, why 1 to 5 ratio is you probably don't have to charge everyday. 10 years is a long time, by 2030, i can't imagine the range of a single charge and what sort of speed we can charge at?  In the last 5 years alone, the range of average EV has doubled and supercharging technology have improved by leaps and bounds. Read recently an Israeli company just developed a new battery that can be charged in 5 mins.

3 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

LTA decided on 2040 Ah? Look what has become of ERP2. talk is free for LTA.

$0.5B for basically the same function as the existing unit. And awarded in feb2016 and delay till 2023 or maybe even later. Let’s see how many will break down and Kenna recall. 
https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/newsroom/2016/2/2/tender-awarded-to-develop-next-generation-electronic-road-pricing-system.html

As what @Mkl22 said - the ERP2 is a piece of shit - the design came out clunky and they said "oh it's because we asked for tendered a few years ago so the tender was based on the technology from few years ago".

This EV slow charging target by 2030 - also already RFQ/asked for tender now (is it still WIP? closed out? Not very sure so don't quote me there - I only know they called for tender last year...) and is based on today's technology, to be fully implemented by 2030, so forgive me if I am pessimistic about it.

Yes, by 2030 there will probably be leaps and bounds in charging technology - but you know how our govt works - they will then call for tender in 2030 to "upgrade/enhance" the existing EV charging stations... to be fully implemented by 2035/2040 onwards...". And they'll pick the cheapest quotation in the name of public interest - which normally means the company doing it will do all sorts of corner-cutting to fit the RFQ.

The end result is a very aged and dinosaur-looking, clunky technology that has everyone (like us here) laughing their socks off.

@Voodooman Supercars... my guess is similar to what you said - they'll probably let some roam around under some special (COE?) category...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

From the horse's mouth. Pretty absolute statement but I am pretty sure they will allow some of these exotic dinosaurs to survive and continue to roam our streets in return for tax dollars.

The worry is maybe no petrol station to buy petrol or maybe you need to drive to Jurong island to top up. 😂

Singapore aims to phase out Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles and have all vehicles run on cleaner energy by 2040.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/industry_innovations/technologies/electric_vehicles.html

Horses mouth also say ERP2 damn tokong!😂

look where we are now with it. Delayed and different from original design brief and clunky like shit. 
let see when we come to the next milestone of 2025, 2030

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Comage said:

As what @Mkl22 said - the ERP2 is a piece of shit - the design came out clunky and they said "oh it's because we asked for tendered a few years ago so the tender was based on the technology from few years ago".

This EV slow charging target by 2030 - also already RFQ/asked for tender now (is it still WIP? closed out? Not very sure so don't quote me there - I only know they called for tender last year...) and is based on today's technology, to be fully implemented by 2030, so forgive me if I am pessimistic about it.

Yes, by 2030 there will probably be leaps and bounds in charging technology - but you know how our govt works - they will then call for tender in 2030 to "upgrade/enhance" the existing EV charging stations... to be fully implemented by 2035/2040 onwards...". And they'll pick the cheapest quotation in the name of public interest - which normally means the company doing it will do all sorts of corner-cutting to fit the RFQ.

The end result is a very aged and dinosaur-looking, clunky technology that has everyone (like us here) laughing their socks off.

@Voodooman Supercars... my guess is similar to what you said - they'll probably let some roam around under some special (COE?) category...

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/spores-electricity-grid-be-expanded-upgraded-cater-more-electric-vehicles-tan-see-leng

As above, unlikely they will have the majority of chargers as fast chargers. Too many fast chargers will overload the grid and need more power generation capacity

• Praise 3

Let’s not forget that Singapore is a major oil refinery hub and the G has other worries on their mind what to do with the excess automobile-grade petroleum that suddenly no longer has a market both locally and globally. I’m sure there’ll still be that few proper gas stations and it would be an occasion to be able to stick the nozzle in your car and smell the intoxicating aroma of high octane……

7 hours ago, Comage said:

The end game has always been Car-Lite.

Unlikely G will install 350kwh or 500kwh charger.

The problem has always been users behavior.

The same problem will still be there regardless no of charger installed 

Edited by inlinesix

7 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

LTA decided on 2040 Ah? Look what has become of ERP2. talk is free for LTA.

$0.5B for basically the same function as the existing unit. And awarded in feb2016 to be launched in 2020 and delay till 2023 or maybe even later. Covid gave them a face saving excuse to try to improve a cock up design. 
Let’s see how many will break down and Kenna recall. 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/newsroom/2016/2/2/tender-awarded-to-develop-next-generation-electronic-road-pricing-system.html

Unlikely ERP2 will be revised. Any revision requires money.

It is not ez to get funding from MoF 

7 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/spores-electricity-grid-be-expanded-upgraded-cater-more-electric-vehicles-tan-see-leng

As above, unlikely they will have the majority of chargers as fast chargers. Too many fast chargers will overload the grid and need more power generation capacity

EV charging relies heavily on car electrical architecture and battery.

Currently DC50kw is not that fast.

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

EV charging relies heavily on car electrical architecture and battery.

Currently DC50kw is not that fast.

I think the contract going out will be for 7kw chargers. I stand corrected. 

20 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I think the contract going out will be for 7kw chargers. I stand corrected. 

If it is the case, it will be like home charger. Space required will be substantially lesser.

If I ever buy EV, I will buy one that can limit the charging rate. So that when I reach home after work, I will park at my hdb car park with the charger port...then plug in, set to slow charge, let it charge till tmr morning, just nice 90% in the morning before I set off. Helps prolong battery life and no need to go down shift car again 🙂

• Praise 1

On 2/1/2022 at 3:40 PM, Turboflat4 said:

Your Aston Martin or "Ferreri" (sic)? Is this a real question or a hypothetical? 😂

And that's not a flippant clarification. If the former, buy a house overseas and export the car. Preferably before the COE expires so you get that nice PARF rebate too. Lots of people do exactly this. 

If the latter, well, it doesn't matter. 😁

Aiyoh .. best kept second hand dealer secret pichar lobang 

but only certain model .. try selling a FF n there will be high resistance 

Edited by Sdf4786k

On 2/1/2022 at 7:46 PM, Turboflat4 said:

What, you weren't aware COE renewals were possible? No offence, but we get a lot of youngsters here asking questions related to their school projects, are you one of them? Nothing wrong in that, but it's good to be upfront. 

The COE scheme has a lot of nuances. 5 year cannot renew, 10 year can. Amount is based on a previous 3 month moving average. Renewal means lose PARF. Etc. Very cheem. You should read more before blue-sky thinking about EV and future trends and what-not. Crawl before you walk, walk before you run, run before you fly. Again, no offence. 

Quite harsh. 

No wonder people say the online world can be scary 😂

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Quite harsh. 

No wonder people say the online world can be scary 😂

This sums it best

F4B67AA5-8E8C-4185-82A9-237ABC7A68AE.gif

• Haha! 3

On 2/1/2022 at 7:46 PM, Turboflat4 said:

What, you weren't aware COE renewals were possible? No offence, but we get a lot of youngsters here asking questions related to their school projects, are you one of them? Nothing wrong in that, but it's good to be upfront. 

The COE scheme has a lot of nuances. 5 year cannot renew, 10 year can. Amount is based on a previous 3 month moving average. Renewal means lose PARF. Etc. Very cheem. You should read more before blue-sky thinking about EV and future trends and what-not. Crawl before you walk, walk before you run, run before you fly. Again, no offence. 

Bu… bu… he got GT le… surely coe need to be renew?

• Haha! 1

Car Giants Are Making Big Bets On Solid State Batteries

• Over the past few years, EV makers have been touting solid-state batteries as the next breakthrough in EV technology
  • Toyota now officially leads the charge to mass produce solid-state batteries
  • Besides Toyota, GM and Nissan, tech companies like QuantumScape and Samsung are betting big on this type of battery

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Car-Giants-Are-Making-Big-Bets-On-Solid-State-Batteries.html

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Bu… bu… he got GT le… surely coe need to be renew?

Haha yeah man. Doesn't add up right? If we take his story at face value, he has a Maser, but is looking to upgrade to a "Ferreri". Or get an Aston (no idea if that counts as an upgrade, all I know is that he would've found yet another not-quite-supercar with even worse reliability issues - discounting the new AMG-engined model). 

Still doesn't make sense. People in the market for these things, even the small time players (like little old me) don't advertise it online before buying. When I got my own Ferrari (not "Ferreri" lol) or my McLaren, I never posted about my intentions before the fact. I did my own research and privately consulted my own network of friends and dealers. Who in their right mind would splash all this stuff on an open forum before the fact? 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Haha yeah man. Doesn't add up right? If we take his story at face value, he has a Maser, but is looking to upgrade to a "Ferreri". Or get an Aston (no idea if that counts as an upgrade, all I know is that he would've found yet another not-quite-supercar with even worse reliability issues - discounting the new AMG-engined model). 

Still doesn't make sense. People in the market for these things, even the small time players (like little old me) don't advertise it online before buying. When I got my own Ferrari (not "Ferreri" lol) or my McLaren, I never posted about my intentions before the fact. I did my own research and privately consulted my own network of friends and dealers. Who in their right mind would splash all this stuff on an open forum before the fact? 😂

Yah u the opposite

ppl never ask And you advertise ur harem of sluts… I mean cars😂

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, RadX said:

Yah u the opposite

ppl never ask And you advertise ur harem of sluts… I mean cars😂

Only after I secure said sluts. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1