Properties info

lukeber

Starting a thread to share bits and pieces of properties information 😀

For Condos pre and post 2009, there is a noticeable difference in their layout for Bay window and Balcony.

TlZjrW1l.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

what's the point of sharing... can URA please start summoning the bloody developers and get them to pay us back on that stupid f**** bay window rubbish? 

That huge concrete slab that serve no F*** purpose. 

else URA is just a useless agency... developers had been using this loophole for years but no actions were taken 

• Praise 4

Lol....TS just discovered what every condo buyer has known since the mid-2000s

Some newer condo balconies are as big as the living room

Bedrooms so small that have to stack part of the bed on the ledge & master room onli can fit Queen bed

A/C ledges so big that one would think every room has 5 aircons.....

Usable space is ard 20-30% less than older condo. A 3 bedroom unit used to be around 1200sq ft. Now 800sq.ft oso can simi sai call 3 bedroom unit

Blocks so close coz no mandatory minimum bldg to bldg spacing (have seen one unit the bedroom and neighbours bedroom is like less than 5m apart looking at each other)

Moral of story? Buy older condos

• Praise 6
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 3

The Big balconies are free GFA (space) for developers, but buyers will still pay the same psf as a whole unit……🥵

For example, 7% of a 850sqft unit (less than 15% of internal unit size), the balcony is 59.5m2. Taking this size at $1500psf, it will be about $90k for that space. 

Balcony Utilisation can be improved with many brands of grilles, blinds (eg invisible grille, zip tracks). However before purchase or installation, do confirm with developer or Condo management council for their by laws…..

• Praise 2

26 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Simi bay windows is what cevs rebates to car buying. 

A tool that are used to screw buyers. Who allows it?? 

Lol....good comparison to VES rebate. Sounds good until u know what's really going on 

Balconies, window ledges, a/c ledges commonly referred as 'free' sellable floor area for developers

But chargeable to buyer. Quite sizable chunk of profit there 

Huat ar!

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Soya said:

Lol....good comparison to VES rebate. Sounds good until u know what's really going on 

Balconies, window ledges, a/c ledges commonly referred as 'free' sellable floor area for developers

But chargeable to buyer. Quite sizable chunk of profit there 

Huat ar!

Some of the balcony can see your neighbour at close distance, makes it so weird  😂 

yeah so what is that useless shit URA doing about it? They shd fine the developers and provide refund for us. Goddamn piece of rubbish agency. Good in sucking our money and zzz.. pui ! 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, lukeber said:

The Big balconies are free GFA (space) for developers, but buyers will still pay the same psf as a whole unit……🥵

For example, 7% of a 850sqft unit (less than 15% of internal unit size), the balcony is 59.5m2. Taking this size at $1500psf, it will be about $90k for that space. 

Balcony Utilisation can be improved with many brands of grilles, blinds (eg invisible grille, zip tracks). However before purchase or installation, do confirm with developer or Condo management council for their by laws…..

All these ideas by scholars lor. All the gong gong straight thinking. 
Never come out to the real world and so dunno that everyone working in the real world Would try scam the system as much as possible. 
more saf generals and scholars la. See where it’s gonna bring us. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Estrangable said:

yeah so what is that useless shit URA doing about it? They shd fine the developers and provide refund for us. Goddamn piece of rubbish agency. Good in sucking our money and zzz.. pui ! 

Think of it as car manufacturers 'official' FC figures lor

• Haha! 1

hmm thats why im living in an old development.
my unit has some storage space under the windows ledge, but at least can store something.

Most places built after early 2000s, are not really liveable to me. Well a small bay window is ok. but some are ridiculous given the size of the room.

Edited by Lala81

23 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

hmm thats why im living in an old development.
my unit has some storage space under the windows ledge, but at least can store something.

Most places built after early 2000s, are not really liveable to me. Well a small bay window is ok. but some are ridiculous given the size of the room.

Too bad my first condo went for collective sale back in 2000s.  My living room had a sofa set, a full sized teak daybed,  and 2m x 2m coffee table and my kids who were toddlers then could still ride their bicycles in the living room.  That was how spacious it was.

Bedrooms were bloody huge too, especially the master bedroom.   

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Estrangable said:

what's the point of sharing... can URA please start summoning the bloody developers and get them to pay us back on that stupid f**** bay window rubbish? 

That huge concrete slab that serve no F*** purpose. 

else URA is just a useless agency... developers had been using this loophole for years but no actions were taken 

So angry, sounds like you have bought one with lots of bay windows.  It is no secret that once money is collected, URA is not going to do anything about it, at best they will fine the developer and keep the money in their own pocket.  No property owners is going to benefit from it.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Too bad my first condo went for collective sale back in 2000s.  My living room had a sofa set, a full sized teak daybed,  and 2m x 2m coffee table and my kids who were toddlers then could still ride their bicycles in the living room.  That was how spacious it was.

That’s very spacious with a 2m x 2m dining table! Going through the collective sale is an experience by itself. Is the Sale price apportionment made according to residential share value ?

1 hour ago, Loki said:

space is luxury. Provided u can live with dated facade haha. I'm uncle-like so don't mind.

I think minimum space is at least can put a proper bed and a study desk and don't need to do funny contortions to walk around.
Anything else is bonus.

Edited by Lala81

4 hours ago, Soya said:

Bedrooms so small that have to stack part of the bed on the ledge & master room onli can fit Queen bed

Usable space is ard 20-30% less than older condo. A 3 bedroom unit used to be around 1200sq ft. Now 800sq.ft oso can simi sai call 3 bedroom unit

Blocks so close coz no mandatory minimum bldg to bldg spacing (have seen one unit the bedroom and neighbours bedroom is like less than 5m apart looking at each other)

Just watched PLB video 2-3 days ago.

It's a 4 year old LH99 condo in my old neighborhood. 1087 sqf. 4 bedder.
The single bed across the width of the room means u have about <20cm of clearance to walk through. most likely u have to shuffle across the bed to get to the other side of the bed.
Well at least it doesnt have balcony...

Doesnt matter how efficient the layout is. Still feels like Hong Kong. lol.

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Soya said:

Whether condo or even HDB, older flats definitely bigger, more spacious and less waste space. But many people still prefer to buy new house la and dont mind staying in a much smaller size house and less privacy between each block. Could be buy new house, lease longer and later sell can profit more. Buy old house, lease getting shorter and shorter, when sell price is low esp for HDB.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2