COE Bidding – February 2022

Carbon82

2 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

BMW also got 218 coupe with a whopping 134bhp plus the prestigious Emmm sports badge maybe +50bhp extra. 

Met quite a number of 218GC driven in FnF style

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, VincentDee said:

@Jellandross What is the min. bhp class you will aim for with the current COE price?

I'm fortunately no longer in the market. Got my Cat B COE back in early 2020 for $30k+. All my COE pundit friends laughed at me saying I was making an impulse buy. Everyone was predicting COE will crash after Covid lockdowns and ADs will be begging for our business. The rest is history.

Current COE climate poses a dilemma to be honest. New cars are now much more expensive obviously. But used car prices are also being inflated to "current market prices" so it feels like being suckered into paying for an overpriced car with cheap COE. Between a rock and a hard place.

If you want best bang for buck in bhp the open secret is get a CAT A car and sweeten it with Stage 1 tune later

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, RadX said:

Wah this reminds me of 2012 I buy my F10 at $88k coe but at $50k coe price hahhahha

maybe I change car again muahhaha

You can't beat me in this aspect. I just shared with @Arogab I bought a brand new Skoda Superb 2.0TSI at $149K in 2012, with a $88.5K Cat B COE. Basically I got the car at cost price (basic car cost is exactly $149K).

Sold the car close to 4.5 years later at $78K, depreciation worked out to be $15.5K/year. If I were to consider that the AD took in my 4 years old Honda SUV at my buy price (basically I drove the car for 4 years for free), depreciation is 'merely' $8K+ per year. Why not? :D

So I will not laugh at those who choose to enter the market now, provided they net a good catch. 

• Praise 13

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

There is one C160 in my neighborhood. Driven by and like an ah pek.

C160 and E180 not easy to find.

2 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Yes, that's why I wrote the 180 badge for those front drive models like GLA, A, GLB etc. It's specifically meant to go under Cat A. 

I had to bring up the E-Class 180 because it's only C&C who is so shameless to bring in such an underpowered model just to hit the sales numbers and maximise profits. But there are still takers. 😂

It doesn't make sense as it was discontinued after a while. Doesn't make sense to pay Cat B price and still get stuck with an anaemic engine. The C180 is already lacklustre, can't imagine how the heavier E180 will drive. 

Cannot believe why got people buy the E180 back then? [confused]

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Even 7 series and Jaguar XJ also got 2.0 versions and there were people buying.  Here it is the size that counts not how it is used! Big but lembek still many like! [laugh]  

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Car body size big can Liao, got the merc badge in front is all the matters. Can remove the E180 and paste E200 or E300 or Paste AMG badge also can 😆

• Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Detune is a piece of cake. Not much loss to Daimler. As long the car sells just a couple of hours and a few lines to adjust the code and all done. 

Maybe after Delivery the Car,C&C can offer ECU Reflash at a Cost,boosting Power back to 160 Bhp,like Audi Agent offering MTM Tuning.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Car body size big can Liao, got the merc badge in front is all the matters. Can remove the E180 and paste E200 or E300 or Paste AMG badge also can 😆

Why e200 or e300? One time go e63s la. Which many do. 😂

all the fakes out there

• Haha! 2

8 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Remembered to paste the AMG on the left. 😁

• Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Only C&C bring in the 180 badge which is specifically tuned to just below 130hp at 129hp to qualify for Cat A. It must surely be a special between C&C and Daimler Asia for a special spec to be homologated just for Cat A. The A180, GLA180 front drive models from C&C are all Cat A. There is even an E180 available for a short while. PIs only have A200, GLA200 etc as 180 are not available in other markets 😁

C&C understands the badge whores very well. And that's why they still can do the annual sales volume by selling to this group despite direct competition and undercutting from so many PIs. The "formidable" 180 badge contributes a lot to the swanky 4 storied showroom at Leng Kee 😂

C180 is 168 HP. u buy from where 129 hp c180 ah? 

Must be C160 rebadged to C180.. Bro u kana smoked le.

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

all the fakes out there

Mai la. Too ez to spot fake.

Just paste E350e. Hard to differentiate 🤭

13 hours ago, RadX said:

Wah this reminds me of 2012 I buy my F10 at $88k coe but at $50k coe price hahhahha

maybe I change car again muahhaha

11 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

You can't beat me in this aspect. I just shared with @Arogab I bought a brand new Skoda Superb 2.0TSI at $149K in 2012, with a $88.5K Cat B COE. Basically I got the car at cost price (basic car cost is exactly $149K).

Sold the car close to 4.5 years later at $78K, depreciation worked out to be $15.5K/year. If I were to consider that the AD took in my 4 years old Honda SUV at my buy price (basically I drove the car for 4 years for free), depreciation is 'merely' $8K+ per year. Why not? :D

So I will not laugh at those who choose to enter the market now, provided they net a good catch. 

Wah wah, I should learn from you all. I only had one chance buying the 689 COE once. The rest are all loosing money deal. Now basically your all see my car, 5 years like brand new. Must "lun" and wait for my time.😂

35 minutes ago, Dilemma said:

C180 is 168 HP. u buy from where 129 hp c180 ah? 

Must be C160 rebadged to C180.. Bro u kana smoked le.

I've wrote that only the front driven 180 models from C&C are Cat A. 

That means rear driven 180 models such as C-Class and E-Class are Cat B lah. 

• Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Jellandross said:

BMW also got 218 coupe with a whopping 134bhp plus the prestigious Emmm sports badge maybe +50bhp extra. 

Suay man, got edged out of Cat A by a measly 4 bhp. 😁

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

all the fakes out there

Lol want to fake don’t make it too obvious also. Or just debadge better, like this nobody can tell just by looking. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2