COE Bidding – February 2022

Carbon82

16 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Yes, that's why I wrote the 180 badge for those front drive models like GLA, A, GLB etc. It's specifically meant to go under Cat A. 

I had to bring up the E-Class 180 because it's only C&C who is so shameless to bring in such an underpowered model just to hit the sales numbers and maximise profits. But there are still takers. 😂

It doesn't make sense as it was discontinued after a while. Doesn't make sense to pay Cat B price and still get stuck with an anaemic engine. The C180 is already lacklustre, can't imagine how the heavier E180 will drive. 

Why shameless? Pride can eat and pay rent meh

• Haha! 2

17 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Taking customers as suckers lo. What else? 

U think customers so stupid meh, all see cat A coe happy liao. 

Dont be surprised that customers are the very ones that heavily request for such a vehicle. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Dont be surprised that customers are the very ones that heavily request for such a vehicle. 

lots of buyers for 316i. debadged of course. since majority will debagde it, PML might as well request factory not to put and save money

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

lots of buyers for 316i. debadged of course. since majority will debagde it, PML might as well request factory not to put and save money

316 all came originally de-badged

On 2/9/2022 at 8:50 PM, Throttle2 said:

Hopefully, we get to see Cat A at $80-100k.

shiok

Not surprisingly if it cross the 100k mark as many are willingly to borrow more for face value. Got one can only afford Altis but over stretch more for G30, every month just pay more and cut down on other expenditures. face value from the badge make  one feel song 😂 

Edited by Ginyu

22 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

Not surprisingly if it cross the 100k mark as many are willingly to borrow more for face value. Got one can only afford Altis but over stretch more for G30, every month just pay more and cut down on other expenditures. face value from the badge make  one feel song 😂 

Good, let them do that and let them fu(k themselves and their families lor…….all for face.  Wooohoo

4 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

I didn't say customers are stupid, I just expressed my opinion that C&C is shameless in milking the brand by short changing the customer. 

E-Class 180 is a Cat B car. There is no advantage in COE savings because its not a Cat A, and there is a severe compromise in the drivability of the vehicle (lack of power) for a E-Class. And C&C didn't price the E180 that well last time when it was still selling, for what it is. So to the customer, what's the draw for them except the badge ? You didn't really save a lot, and the drive is not befitting of an E-Class. 

On 2/10/2022 at 10:12 AM, Lethalstrike said:

I've wrote that only the front driven 180 models from C&C are Cat A. 

That means rear driven 180 models such as C-Class and E-Class are Cat B lah. 

CLA200 is catB. 😂😬 FWD 1.6L 

Customers rush to beat deadline on higher tax on ultra-luxury cars

SINGAPORE - Some luxury car brands have seen better sales than usual over the past weekend, with at least one multi-brand franchise registering double-digit sales from its luxury brands.

This is remarkable because annual sales for such cars, which are priced above $500,000, rarely reach triple digits. The only one to do so in 2021 was Bentley with 106 deliveries. The next biggest seller was Rolls-Royce, with 90.

The increased interest followed the new tiered tax structure announced in the Budget last Friday (Feb 18).

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/customers-rush-to-beat-deadline-on-higher-tax-on-ultra-luxury-cars

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

10 hours ago, awhtc said:

Customers rush to beat deadline on higher tax on ultra-luxury cars

SINGAPORE - Some luxury car brands have seen better sales than usual over the past weekend, with at least one multi-brand franchise registering double-digit sales from its luxury brands.

This is remarkable because annual sales for such cars, which are priced above $500,000, rarely reach triple digits. The only one to do so in 2021 was Bentley with 106 deliveries. The next biggest seller was Rolls-Royce, with 90.

The increased interest followed the new tiered tax structure announced in the Budget last Friday (Feb 18).

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/customers-rush-to-beat-deadline-on-higher-tax-on-ultra-luxury-cars

“Tempering the demand for existing Open category COEs is the lack of ready cars in the market.

Ultra-luxury brands had a bumper year in 2021. Deliveries run well into this year and beyond. Ferrari, for example, does not have any cars in stock. The waiting time to receive an ordered car stretches beyond 1½ years. This is also the case with many other brands in this segment.“

”Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Singapore has seen increased interest in its cars since the announcement. While the company did not disclose sales figures, its spokesman said it has very limited stock of new cars left for immediate registration.

This presents an opportunity for the parallel importers that have been offering similar ultra high-end brands and models in recent years. The bigger players hold ready stock of these exotic and luxury cars.”

No stock sell what huh?

• Haha! 4