Buying Sedan vs SUV

Soya

i on the other hand, finds the versatility of a SUV too good to be ignored. Sedan simply could not load bigger and taller stuffs unless its a stationwagon. 

More so when ponding time..... 

• Praise 3

5 minutes ago, RadX said:

Gramps, when you 80, which is what u hit 5yrs ago.. ur knees can meh?😂😂 to go so low in a sedan?

but ya I agree.. looks like next bet would be sedan again and perhaps electric

Knn...HL juz becoz hantu can float into a seat ah?

• Haha! 8

32 minutes ago, RadX said:

Gramps, when you 80, which is what u hit 5yrs ago.. ur knees can meh?😂😂 to go so low in a sedan?

When at 80yo the height of a SUV might be more apt for our patella. 

30 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

i on the other hand, finds the versatility of a SUV too good to be ignored. Sedan simply could not load bigger and taller stuffs unless its a stationwagon. 

More so when ponding time..... 

Length of Station wagon too long for our midget size lot. 

Aiyo...the article only mention the good points of a sedan. What a biased opinion.

I have driven a sedan when I was younger. Have to almost squat to get into the seat. The passengers have a tough time moving into the seats. Actually this very much depends on the rear wheel arc that occupy the rear door way. If your car has big wheels...you know. If you car is RWD the rear seats are just cramp. Unless you have no family members except your partner then perhaps it doesnt matter....to you.

For ppl with children and an active lifestyle, an SUV has easy access to the boot and rear seats. Dont have to squat down and crawl to the seats. Dont have to bend your back down to lift up anything from the boot. A sedan.... for retiree is the best. Children have or not are grown up. You dont have so much barang barang in your boot except your golf clubs. You are in the car almost all of the time with no other passengers.

Car is a lifestyle more or less. But the author mentioned none of what I mentioned which is sad....and biased.

But then again when I look at EV sedans they are just tall in height, as tall as some SUVs. It is just visually deceptive. It is like an SUV with a boot. Perhaps this is the best of both worlds.

• Praise 4

38 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Aiyo...the article only mention the good points of a sedan. What a biased opinion.

I have driven a sedan when I was younger. Have to almost squat to get into the seat. The passengers have a tough time moving into the seats. Actually this very much depends on the rear wheel arc that occupy the rear door way. If your car has big wheels...you know. If you car is RWD the rear seats are just cramp. Unless you have no family members except your partner then perhaps it doesnt matter....to you.

For ppl with children and an active lifestyle, an SUV has easy access to the boot and rear seats. Dont have to squat down and crawl to the seats. Dont have to bend your back down to lift up anything from the boot. A sedan.... for retiree is the best. Children have or not are grown up. You dont have so much barang barang in your boot except your golf clubs. You are in the car almost all of the time with no other passengers.

Car is a lifestyle more or less. But the author mentioned none of what I mentioned which is sad....and biased.

But then again when I look at EV sedans they are just tall in height, as tall as some SUVs. It is just visually deceptive. It is like an SUV with a boot. Perhaps this is the best of both worlds.

Generally SUV booth good for a foldie bike or kids bike. 

I doubt sedan boot can do likewise. 

Also another point to note. Rear passenger can access the booth directly in most suv. That itself is a plus point. 

One can always own a suv and drive like a sedan. We see them zooming in and out of traffic everyday on the road. 😁 wifey called them "sedan undercover vehicle". 

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, RadX said:

@Soya Boss. you still have 5 more years. if you everyday pop one Glucosamine, i am sure you will be pain free when you are 80. 😁

Pay abit money lor to enjoy things you like. hehehehe.

14324_pd3132243_4_87701040758.jpg&f=1&no

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

Internal Moderator
Just now, shrjun said:

Most cars sold as  SUVs are just hatchbacks on stilts . Should just be called HOS.

Term it as HOSE lah.

Hatchback On Stilts E(Idiot) 🤣

• Haha! 2

39 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Length of Station wagon too long for our midget size lot. 

Wagons are no longer than their sedan versions. They just look long only. 

I always have wagons for more than 10 years. More cargo space than most so-called SUVs, lower loading height, way better driving dynamics and you can sit at the boot with foot on the ground. 

• Praise 8

With my SUV I can carry 2 full adult bikes without the need to dismantle the wheels.

With my sedan, I cannot put into the trunk. I have to dismantle 1 wheel and put it at the rear seats.

20211120_151231.jpg

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Wagons are no longer than their sedan versions. They just look long only. 

I always have wagons for more than 10 years. More cargo space than most so-called SUVs, lower loading height, way better driving dynamics and you can sit at the boot with foot on the ground. 

Did not you faced any problem when elevating the booth door up? I noticed many government carpark rear has those metal grill on top. 

5 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Did not you faced any problem when elevating the booth door up? I noticed many government carpark rear has those metal grill on top. 

Don't park at those lots if you are driving wagons, MPV, hatchbacks or SUVs. You can crush the rear windscreen when reversing!  Really idiotic design that serves no purpose. 

On rare occasions when too near to the rear wall, then just drive forward a little. 

For me sedans only for second cars. First car got to be a wagon. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 4

3 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Don't park at those lots if you are driving wagons, MPV, hatchbacks or SUVs. You can crush the rear windscreen when reversing!  Really idiotic design that serves no purpose. 

On rare occasions when too near to the rear wall, then just drive forward a little. 

For me sedans only for second cars. First car got to be a wagon. 

No problem when I had the xc90...but yes cannot open the rear door fully and better to hold on to it when opening otherwise the sudden spring open might just smash the rear window 😅

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I skip those rows even if I have to go higher floors.

↡ Advertisement