Skoda Octavia RS launched in Singapore at $199,900!

Jumpmanz

Message added by BabyBlade

sgCarMart's First Drive of the OCTAVIA RS! https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1880

21 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

$140K (ARF + COE + TAX + GST) for nation building ma ... ok what ... :grin:

hearsay, 10 years later, perhaps Skoda will be promoted to LUXURY car ... more tax ... huat ah! .... lol

U mean the RS is asking for $60k margin?? 

↡ Advertisement

29 minutes ago, Jumpmanz said:

that’s the pt I can’t get it thru. Almost 60k everywhere else in the world.

Cannot compare to rest of the world. We're Uniquely Singapore, remember? 

On 2/16/2022 at 11:00 PM, Jumpmanz said:

Well, merc is definitely a better built quality car. The new C class looks very good in the interior, especially at night.

Yeah . The wood grain panelling full piece is rather sleek

On 2/20/2022 at 9:41 AM, Wt_know said:

$140K (ARF + COE + TAX + GST) for nation building ma ... ok what ... :grin:

hearsay, 10 years later, perhaps Skoda will be promoted to LUXURY car ... more tax ... huat ah! .... lol

Judging by how things are going with EV, by 2032 i think petrol cars will probably be very limited [smash]

Better get a good petrol ride while we can.

On 2/20/2022 at 9:46 AM, Ody_2004 said:

If u need to drink a coke in Singapore you need to drink regardless! whahahahhaha.. if not like me drink water can liao..

Now i will treasure my Superb more! lucky so far so good..

Am sure ur superb was a good buy! i wished they bought in the superb combi.

• Praise 1

On 2/10/2022 at 12:15 PM, Genes said:

The boot can carry many many Sonos soundbars home ;D

Got umbrella holder?

On 2/25/2022 at 11:53 AM, Hamannm5 said:

@Jumpmanz  Are you referring to this Superb Estate? I'm also interested but not listed under the AD. Wondering if it's from PI?

Nice spot! should be very rare. Likely from PI but not a lot of PI bringing in skoda

(edited)

If history will to be our teacher, those who buy new cars during the high COE period will  either get their cars stuck  with them for 10 years  or to sell off their cars at paper value when COE is low. Buy now only when one has enough money to write off or YOLO, otherwise no loss waiting for a 3 to 4 more years and see how the COE would go. Dont pray pray, 50k more coe premium can get one a daytona ......like for free already.😆😆

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

@Ct3833 With current push to reduce COE supply while population doesnt drop while the affluent class grows, it makes one wonder whether 93k is 'high', or just the beginning.. 

daytona where got so cheap wor.. with box and papers, easily 60k now even for black dial.. that said, didnt someone pointed out that car prices have been increasing > COE increase?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, hsolo89 said:

@Ct3833 With current push to reduce COE supply while population doesnt drop while the affluent class grows, it makes one wonder whether 93k is 'high', or just the beginning.. 

daytona where got so cheap wor.. with box and papers, easily 60k now even for black dial.. that said, didnt someone pointed out that car prices have been increasing > COE increase?

the reduction in COE supply is because these few years have lesser cars due for scrap, therefore lesser COE for recycling; this is a 10 years cycle effect, not because of the push to reduce COE. As to why the COE was not evenly distributed over the years, we have to go ask the then  transport minister Raymond LIm and also ask him why he was fired .

The car price is increasing faster than the rise of COE  because car dealers tag their margin base on the total sell price of a car(eg. 20% of the total sell price), that means in addition to making profit from the car base price itself, they make 30% profit from excise tax, COE, ARF etc, so when COE goes up, dealers will make more money from COE price uplift alone, that explains why car price is increasing faster than COE increase.

• Praise 4

Twincharged
8 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

the reduction in COE supply is because these few years have lesser cars due for scrap, therefore lesser COE for recycling; this is a 10 years cycle effect, not because of the push to reduce COE. As to why the COE was not evenly distributed over the years, we have to go ask the then  transport minister Raymond LIm and also ask him why he was fired .

The car price is increasing faster than the rise of COE  because car dealers tag their margin base on the total sell price of a car(eg. 20% of the total sell price), that means in addition to making profit from the car base price itself, they make 30% profit from excise tax, COE, ARF etc, so when COE goes up, dealers will make more money from COE price uplift alone, that explains why car price is increasing faster than COE increase.

The reason why coe is uneven was due to the huge push to release more coe  from 2005-2009. Then from 2010, they “realized” that they have been over projecting the coe and then started to clamp down on the number. In 2018, growth was zero. 
during the huge release of coe, obviously the prices dropped. Thus many many from 2000-2004 scrapped their cars early. My family was one of them too. This resulted in very much fewer cars due for scrap in 2010-2014. 
thus we still see this big hole in the supply in this cycle from 2020-2024. It will be less severe than in 2010-2014 as the 5year renewals from 2018-2019, will help some. although there was quite some 5year renewals from 2016-2017, I believe that quite some were scrapped in 2018-2019 to in view of the lower prices then. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
48 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

The reason why coe is uneven was due to the huge push to release more coe  from 2005-2009. Then from 2010, they “realized” that they have been over projecting the coe and then started to clamp down on the number. In 2018, growth was zero. 
during the huge release of coe, obviously the prices dropped. Thus many many from 2000-2004 scrapped their cars early. My family was one of them too. This resulted in very much fewer cars due for scrap in 2010-2014. 
thus we still see this big hole in the supply in this cycle from 2020-2024. It will be less severe than in 2010-2014 as the 5year renewals from 2018-2019, will help some. although there was quite some 5year renewals from 2016-2017, I believe that quite some were scrapped in 2018-2019 to in view of the lower prices then. 

Thanks  for sharing the info, it is why i said must ask Raymond Lim  why he was fired. The guy  was sleeping on the job, until near GE period they  realized that there was not enough COE to release. 

Edited by Ct3833

Supersonic

No need to over analyse la

It's no secret that gahmen needs to raise revenue to top up the piggy bank after digging into reserves for covid 

One of the lowest hanging fruits is high COE $$. Quota easily adjusted & kept tight citing 'car lite', 'go green', etc. Haven't even touch road tax, tighter VES and simi sai customs duties, etc yet

Increased petrol duties oredi implemented if anyone needs a reality check on the many extra revenue buttons at their disposal.... 

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, Soya said:

No need to over analyse la

It's no secret that gahmen needs to raise revenue to top up the piggy bank after digging into reserves for covid 

One of the lowest hanging fruits is high COE $$. Quota easily adjusted & kept tight citing 'car lite', 'go green', etc. Haven't even touch road tax, tighter VES and simi sai customs duties, etc yet

Increased petrol duties oredi implemented if anyone needs a reality check on the many extra revenue buttons at their disposal.... 

Zero Growth on COE has been implemented since February 2018.  It will continue till 2025.

↡ Advertisement