Will my HDB flat be worth $0 when the lease expires?

awhtc

17 hours ago, Fitvip said:

SERS no windfall leh. Got to pay for the replacement flat!

Got la. Only want to cash out or not. I have relatives who stayed at Tiong Bahru get SERS to Boon Tiong, crusty old 3rm HDB then but now staying in million-dollar property

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Macrosszero said:

Got la. Only want to cash out or not. I have relatives who stayed at Tiong Bahru get SERS to Boon Tiong, crusty old 3rm HDB then but now staying in million-dollar property

You need a roof over the head leh! 

My previous flat was SERSed after I moved out! I lost the opportunity to remain in the central core zone!

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Albeniz said:

My HDB flat's 99 year lease will expire in the year 2085. I bought it mainly to stay.

Already an old man, I don't think I will still be alive by then.  Whether it has any value left after 99 years don't really matter to me.  

The youngest of my children will be 67 years old by that time.  They should have their own houses way before that.

So I don't want to dwell too much about it.  I just treat buying a flat like buying a car.

Thats the correct way to look at it. But many people dont.  They expect compensation. Hawhaw

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Same like those people who stay in Tanglin Halt and get SERS. Now stay in queenstown area which later can sell million bucks.

24 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Same like those people who stay in Tanglin Halt and get SERS. Now stay in queenstown area which later can sell million bucks.

Most of them are elderly.

These ppl still need a roof to stay.

Unlikely will sell

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Most of them are elderly.

These ppl still need a roof to stay.

Unlikely will sell

Then benefits their kids lo.

5 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Aiyah for these people no need to top up lah, they already so fu(ked up by not being able to even cover CPF with the sale of property. Ha

Obvious solution dont sell or only sell if downgrading. Sell to upgrade crazy lor... shows u were overleveraged in the first place

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, yishunite said:

Obvious solution dont sell or only sell if downgrading. Sell to upgrade crazy lor... shows u were overleveraged in the first place

On another note, got some people, under the advice of gurus, sell hdb and max out buy 2 pigeon holes.

song ah!  Rates go up, if lose their job, cannot even refinance or kick can down the road, song song liao.  Hee hee

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Calculated...if I leave current flat to my boy...he'd be 90...swee swee pom pee pee 😂

His next gen not my problem 😁

Song ah!

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Calculated...if I leave current flat to my boy...he'd be 90...swee swee pom pee pee 😂

His next gen not my problem 😁

Putting a roof overhead isn’t a problem for him either because laopeh leave him the house. The money he would have had to set aside for housing is freed up for many other uses.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Macrosszero said:

Putting a roof overhead isn’t a problem for him either because laopeh leave him the house. The money he would have had to set aside for housing is freed up for many other uses.

Like sponsor his old folks friends

😂

IMG_20220214_193310.jpg

• Haha! 1

G needs to continue to sell BTO to young couple at 4-5x median annual income, which is not keeping up with asset inflation. If cannot take back and recycle, who is going to pay for all the "enbloc"?  There are > 1 million HDB flats. The sum involved is a mind boggling number.... $500,000 x 1,000,000 flats. 

This goondu asset enhancement plan, turning subsidized public housing into a money making appreciating asset, truly deserves a clusterf**k award for ownself screwing ownself. 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

On another note, got some people, under the advice of gurus, sell hdb and max out buy 2 pigeon holes.

song ah!  Rates go up, if lose their job, cannot even refinance or kick can down the road, song song liao.  Hee hee

Don’t understand, those S1B2, sell one still need to restart 2 loan for 2 properties and not sell off one property  then buy 2 properties with no loan meh? 😂 

Edited by Ginyu
  • Haha! 1

Lease runs out on 99 yrs is to make sure your children do not get to stay in your flat. They must pay for another one.

So don't think of passing it down to your descendent.

I did not read through the posts but just want to say that it is very simple all along. All leasehold properties are n should be worth 0 when the lease is up. HDB or private all the same. How much paid or how fast paid all the same. They are all clearly sold as such, at least in recent decades. I don't know what the govt said during the early years. I always say I stay in a leased/rental hdb flat, or I own the lease if I have paid, never own the flat.

Edited by Columbian78
  • Praise 1

12 hours ago, Ginyu said:

Don’t understand, those S1B2, sell one still need to restart 2 loan for 2 properties and not sell off one property  then buy 2 properties with no loan meh? 😂 

Of course buy with loan.  Maxxed out!!!  Wooohooo!, Agent huat ah!

Edited by Throttle2

99 year leasehold is the subscription model

all these IT companies have just realised is

the most profitable way to go.

:D

Like no more Office 2000 its office 365

Yes you have to pay 365 days a year!

Smart people that sell us 99 leasehold knew this years old.

IT companies supposed to have smart people only just thot about this.

↡ Advertisement