Will my HDB flat be worth $0 when the lease expires?

awhtc

35 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

99 year leasehold is the subscription model

all these IT companies have just realised is

the most profitable way to go.

:D

Like no more Office 2000 its office 365

Yes you have to pay 365 days a year!

Smart people that sell us 99 leasehold knew this years old.

IT companies supposed to have smart people only just thot about this.

Last time ex-company used to sell hardware with some "soft" controllers. Then we moved to selling hardware + "software subscription" model paid yearly.

↡ Advertisement

On 2/14/2022 at 4:40 PM, Throttle2 said:

On another note, got some people, under the advice of gurus, sell hdb and max out buy 2 pigeon holes.

song ah!  Rates go up, if lose their job, cannot even refinance or kick can down the road, song song liao.  Hee hee

I am very sad when I see or hear of such news. More concern when government didn't stop such rediculously small apartments. While there are guidelines on occupancy load, no rules to stop a couple and child to live in a 500 SQ ft apartment with balcony. 😢

9 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I am very sad when I see or hear of such news. More concern when government didn't stop such rediculously small apartments. While there are guidelines on occupancy load, no rules to stop a couple and child to live in a 500 SQ ft apartment with balcony. 😢

nothing to be sad. Choices were made. 

Cannot depend on govt for such things.  Free market.    Govt is not our Parent nor Nanny please

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

500sq feet should be able to accommodate a couple easily.  A couple and a child also still can. Nothing wrong what...

Living minimally is good.  Less wastage in terms of resources, space and finances. More importantly, less effort in cleaning and maintaining the house, resulting in more time to do more purposeful things.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1

One of the biggest problems Singaporeans have is our over reliance on Govt. 
We expect Govt to be their Nanny, prevent us from falling when we choose to run, jump etc…

We need to take responsibility for our choices, not the Govt. 

we will never grow up like this and that is why the Govt still treats citizens this way. 
all becos you ask for it.  

this is why i am very happy to see failure ( as much as success)  this means accountability.  
our decision, our responsibility,  dont point fingers.

• Praise 2

Master plan on use of land and regulatory on types of housing are basic. What one wish to buy is up to individual. Hope people understand and can distinguish between the 2. 

Otherwise we might as well have free play can let money decide what to build. 

@awhtc It will eventually be zero but I think the trick is to keep extending the lease of the respective unit resident age till all the residents in that particular block die or enbloc when there is not many resident left.

In the meantime while waiting for the entire block residents to say goodbye, keep those vacated units for Gov to rent to homeless or the poor. Anyway lease left with less than 40 years i think CPF cannot be used, bank no loan, HDB I think also ..so also no demand then. 

On 12/13/2022 at 10:27 PM, Busker888 said:

@awhtc It will eventually be zero but I think the trick is to keep extending the lease of the respective unit resident age till all the residents in that particular block die or enbloc when there is not many resident left.

In the meantime while waiting for the entire block residents to say goodbye, keep those vacated units for Gov to rent to homeless or the poor. Anyway lease left with less than 40 years i think CPF cannot be used, bank no loan, HDB I think also ..so also no demand then. 

if that piece of land can sell much higher price to a private developer, then just move them to a new BTO for shorter lease lor. Honestly, lease expires and back to zero is fair for the price you paid but today price is very high rental rate for 99 years. you can only hope to cash out before it lose the value and someone else catch that hot potatoes lor. 

"A Mid-Year Round-Up Of The Most Expensive HDBs Sold In 2023

Interestingly, these high-value transactions have not been limited to mature estates and highly-coveted flat types, but have extended to unexpected estates and regular flats as well. Suffice to say, despite the implementation of cooling measures and some recessionary fears at the start of the year, the property market has been pretty resilient.

Let’s do a recap of some of the most high-profile HDB sales that made headlines this year"

https://uchify.com/most-expensive-hdbs-2023/

↡ Advertisement