Where can I get my hands on cashcards with chip?

BabyBlade

On 5/5/2022 at 10:16 PM, Goldenvodka said:

Last year I been looking around for several places without luck.

In the end bought 2 cards from online platforms for $50 with only $10 value in each card: can last until 2025 

GEN2 IU users, is GEN2 cards widely accepted in carparks round the island? If yes I may want to go Vicom and change my IU 

Most carparks should accept gen 2 IU. It's been around for a long time.

As for changing from gen 1 to gen 2 IU, not worth the money to do it unless your IU is spoilt. Cashcards with chip can still be found (see recent posts) and they expire in 2027. When the new ERP 2 OBU is available, which should be before 2027, the replacement is free. Getting a new Gen 2 IU costs around $160 unless u have a used Gen 2 IU lying around. But there's also transfer and installation costs if u have a used Gen 2 IU to change to. So u are better off getting another cashcard with chip now($5) and wait for the new OBU replacement. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 2/15/2022 at 8:30 PM, D3badge said:

It is not the carpark but her cashcard machine! She can’t find chip cash card mean she cannot go through ERP!!

Not true leh. Just press intercom and make a big fuss can Liao... :D. True story but don't do this too often or say @Philipkee from MCF say one.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Not true leh. Just press intercom and make a big fuss can Liao... :D. True story but don't do this too often or say @Philipkee from MCF say one.

When you press the intercom if no one answer then hoseh liao, and you will be stuck at the exit. 😅 Some place no one man the intercom de, esp after office hours and weekends.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

Update: Lorong 2 Toa Payoh Esso not selling the chip cashcard. I know, because I went down last week. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
On 5/28/2022 at 7:40 AM, Etnt said:

Just got from bt Timah shell before hawker. Expiry 2026

Thanks for posting so everyone can benefit from this!

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Update: Lorong 2 Toa Payoh Esso not selling the chip cashcard. I know, because I went down last week. 

Go to NETS Customer Service Centre at 351 Braddell should able to get the chip cashcard. 

Internal Moderator
12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Go to NETS Customer Service Centre at 351 Braddell should able to get the chip cashcard. 

I got it from my colleague already. Another colleague of mine went down to NETS but long queue so she left. Easiest is Carouhell, but you pay a little more.

Turbocharged

may be the last round for a need to buy a cashcard. by the time the current batch expires, we would have been forced onto the new fugly iu.

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

I got it from my colleague already. Another colleague of mine went down to NETS but long queue so she left. Easiest is Carouhell, but you pay a little more.

Hopefully the bt Timah shell before hawker still selling the chip cashcard now. If you can find, should buy 2 cards to keep. That time i went to bt Timah shell before hawker, bought 2 chip cashcard. Lol.

• Praise 1

On 5/30/2022 at 4:19 PM, 13177 said:

When you press the intercom if no one answer then hoseh liao, and you will be stuck at the exit. 😅 Some place no one man the intercom de, esp after office hours and weekends.

yeah, and risk being cursed by the rest of the drivers behind you trying to exit.....😁

• Haha! 2

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

@Rootkie As @Turboflat4 said, even with Gen2 IU, some sia suay carpark still give problem if you have the non-chip cashcard inserted, but ok if you have the chip card inserted. It's not the IU problem but the carpark operator - I went Vicom kaopeh and then the guy told me its the carpark operator issue, something to do with their reader or software not upgraded. NETS should just ban these people from being able to use the network to take payment from IU if they don't upgrade their equipment.

Seriously, Sinkieland is trying to be modern and forward due to elite gahmen but so many dinosaur sinkie and SME who run their business/property like it's still 1992, sibeh sian.

In term of lousy carparks that dun take non-chip cashcard even with Gen2 IU, its usually those old strata one in town area like Octagon or Textile centre that type... kiam siap and short sighted landlords.

Edited by mrkaopeh
  • Praise 1

I have had some issues with older carparks esp around Chinatown area where they don't accept the newer cashcards. It was especially worse when I ride and some gantry only accepts chip based cards. I just can't just push / reverse my bike out of the slopes.

Now I have 3 chip cash card. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Sometimes it the topup machine too. Many top up machines seem unable to top up flashpay nets cards (always error) but chip cards no problem. 

Supercharged
On 7/5/2022 at 10:43 AM, meowthekaiser said:

Created an account just for this. Bukit timah shell no more

I think they re-stocked.

Just got a new chip cashcard on 10th July from them.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
On 7/5/2022 at 10:43 AM, meowthekaiser said:

Created an account just for this. Bukit timah shell no more

Thanks for the update! 

↡ Advertisement