Kia Seltos vs Citroen C4

Anderss

Anyone can advice. Asking for friend.

The Kia Seltos and price is similar to Citroen C4 yet comes with no safety tech.

May i know why is people still choosing Kia Seltos? For a similar price and car size segment, is there something similar with comprehensive safety tech and value for money for us to consider?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

This kia seltos has been in the market for a while, the C4 is a newly arrived. The way you ask is as though they arrive to the market at the same time.

How much do you know about the Citroen dealer here? How long do you have to wait for parts? A lot of small conti dealers dont keep parts. They will tell you that they will indent the part and expect you to wait long long. Even with warranty although it doesnt cost you but you gotto wait long long. Ask yourself how many Citroen cars are on the road and you will understand why the dealer do not want to keep too many parts.

S.Korea is nearby still not so bad if have to wait for parts. In France the ppl might strike half way when they are making the parts. If the parts are from Bosch still ok cos it is widely available.

If you choose French go ahead and you will understand what I say.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

Citroen dealer is still C&C ya?  Think those who picked Kia is to more concern about reliability and having less maintenance issues..

• Praise 2

16 hours ago, Anderss said:

Anyone can advice. Asking for friend.

The Kia Seltos and price is similar to Citroen C4 yet comes with no safety tech.

May i know why is people still choosing Kia Seltos? For a similar price and car size segment, is there something similar with comprehensive safety tech and value for money for us to consider?

price of kia is similar to Citroen is in itself an edge over cirtoen. Citreon is a less popular brand and known(perceived?) to be less reliable than Kia.  When you say no safety tech, would you mind posting a like for like comparison?  Traction control, ABS, airbags etc etc ? 

Edited by Ct3833

Test drive both. 

Citroen or pug has come a long way in terms of reliability. Tech gizmos are important so why settle for a barren car. 

I won't be surprised if you chose the French after test driving both. I know I would choose baguette. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

price of kia is similar to Citroen is in itself an edge over cirtoen. Citreon is a less popular brand and known(perceived?) to be less reliable than Kia.  When you say no safety tech, would you mind posting a like for like comparison?  Traction control, ABS, airbags etc etc ? 

Sorry, I did not make myself clear.

When i meant safety tech (Drive Assistance Systems) is (These are what C4 has)

- Adaptive Cruise Control

- LED Cornering Lamps

- Lane Keep Assist

- Collison Risk Alert

- Active Safety Brake even for Pedestrians crossing road

- Driver Attention Warning

- Blind Spot Monitoring

- Extended Road Sign Recognition & Speed Recommendation

etc.

The thing i like about Seltos are its ventilated seats and the looks but its NCAP rating is nothing to shout about too and without the tech makes it more challenging.

Kia Seltos Scores 3 Stars - https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-news/safety-shocker-kia-seltos-scores-3-stars-in-global-ncap-crash-tests-26342.htm

I might be incorrect but i only have the info from C&C and might be inaccurate with my research. Feel free to correct me. Thank you.

Edited by Anderss

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

Test drive both. 

Citroen or pug has come a long way in terms of reliability. Tech gizmos are important so why settle for a barren car. 

I won't be surprised if you chose the French after test driving both. I know I would choose baguette. 

Friend wants to narrow options before going down to drive. Afterall, it takes time and effort to test cars :)

1 hour ago, Anderss said:

Friend wants to narrow options before going down to drive. Afterall, it takes time and effort to test cars :)

Sometimes, test drives can have the ability to throw out alot of "research", especially if the butt finds the reality outweighs the paper info. 

Pls have at least a mental checklist on what is important to look out for/tested. Not be bowled over by its looks or lack of, and forget. 

Personally I favour the Citroën simply for its value added features while mindful of its reputation. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Test drives are like dating... Usually all is dandy and nice.. however choosing the pretty and exciting amdl to marry may not always be the best choice.. u may end up with a high maintenance wife who likes to throws tantrums..

Do research to understand your dates better before u decide who to marry..

Edited by Tkseah
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

20 hours ago, Anderss said:

My personal take on these is that these 2 cars are for very different buyer profiles.

C4: For drivers who are not looking to drive the full 10 years, appreciate and uses new technologies and prioritise safety over reliability.

Seltos: For drivers that are looking for long term ownership cost, appreciates simplicity and reliability. Believes that accidents only happen to reckless drivers and speedsters.

For me, if it's only down to these 2 choices, I'd take the C4. I know it because I was an ex Citroen DS4 owner. For me, EuroNCAP 5 stars is a non negotiable feature for my car.

But because of reliability issues and very expensive upkeep, I decided to let my DS4 go.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Why limit to these 2? If me I would probably get Vezel for a similar size crossover.. 😆

Almost forgot Vezel. Thanks for that. I will research on it too.

now i have

Seat Arona

Citroen C4

Toyota Yaris Cross

Honda Vezel

to compare

Edited by Anderss

15 minutes ago, Rickster said:

My personal take on these is that these 2 cars are for very different buyer profiles.

C4: For drivers who are not looking to drive the full 10 years, appreciate and uses new technologies and prioritise safety over reliability.

Seltos: For drivers that are looking for long term ownership cost, appreciates simplicity and reliability. Believes that accidents only happen to reckless drivers and speedsters.

For me, if it's only down to these 2 choices, I'd take the C4. I know it because I was an ex Citroen DS4 owner. For me, EuroNCAP 5 stars is a non negotiable feature for my car.

But because of reliability issues and very expensive upkeep, I decided to let my DS4 go.

Citroen reliability no good?

6 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Why limit to these 2? If me I would probably get Vezel for a similar size crossover.. 😆

Must be because the buyer like these 2 cars lor.

3 minutes ago, Anderss said:

Citroen reliability no good?

It's a hit or miss with reliability.

Chances of getting a car with many important and expensive parts failing before it's time is much higher than other non French makes.

There is a reason why french cars have this reputation on their reliability globally, not just in Singapore.

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Anderss said:

Almost forgot Vezel. Thanks for that. I will research on it too.

now i have

Seat Arona

Citroen C4

Toyota Yaris Cross

Honda Vezel

to compare

Why not list your preferences and budget.. let the folks here suggest models for u to consider..

34 minutes ago, Rickster said:

It's a hit or miss with reliability.

Chances of getting a car with many important and expensive parts failing before it's time is much higher than other non French makes.

There is a reason why french cars have this reputation on their reliability globally, not just in Singapore.

with French cars... what reliability... 😁

as i have always said. the only French automotive product i will buy is Michelin Tyres.

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2