Kia Seltos vs Citroen C4

Anderss

37 minutes ago, Nashaz said:

@Ct3833 

Don't need to be so salty about the newbie part lol, 

I am sharing the information I found because of the lack of any information on this forum about citroen on general, 

For those looking to chit-chat, more then welcome to share my thoughts and findings for a Sunday showroom walkabout lol

And no I'm not citroen salesman, though I should have been right? 😂

I concur with what you posted. 

I used to own a C4 of last 2 gen and yes, it does has its nitty gritty short comings. But nevertheless a fine car and less boring. 

I know someone who drives a pug for 6yrs with the pure tech 1.2L and all is good and happy with his purchase. 

Do I have faith in present French car, discounting Renault?? The answer is yes. 

• Praise 4

@Ct3833 

52 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Good to know.  But basing on what you have  written, the details and  technical content  of your post is a lot more than an ordinary buyer could put together, I just want to make sure that TS who use MCF forum here  will  get the correct and fair information. Buying a non mainstream car is like taking a journey on an unchartered path, one has to go in with his eyes opened. It could be a rewarding decision but just make sure that if things turns the other way round, one must be prepared to accept the outcome of a 100k decision.  Enjoy your new ride ! 

Sure, I understand where you're coming from, I love my cars and I'm from the technical side hence the cumulation of the details I've shared, though it takes much time to organize such a post and I don't do it often, 

And thank you for the kind words, and yes to TS as well, I omitted in my original post but this variant of the citroen although on paper is quite sound, it's best to be cautiously optimistic about this new model. I have the luxury of a backup car in case of emergencies, but if you solely rely on one vehicle, it's best to go for jap or Korean reliability and ease of upkeep in general like the others here have mentioned

Edited by Nashaz
  • Praise 3

5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

One more point, sometimes when a newbie in a social media has never posted anything before and suddenly pops up with his first post trying to convince you something to be very very  very good, you need to be careful and think why that someone can be so kind to do that .

i like this statement very very much.

i will ask this chap for a wager. i put up a sum of money as a warranty cost. if it is so good, then sure to make money. ie another 3k for extended warranty till the 6th year. 0-3year i assume is manufacturer warranty.

Same story like those tellers who were asked to sell products at the counter. told my dad sure make money one. till my dad told her. "i come up with capital, earn we split the profits. lose you bear". she then diam diam......😄

Singapore lack of Owners of all makes for Long Term Test,MyCarForum may consider offering willing Owners to do a Long Term Road Test up to 3 Years...The Test need to inc,Servicing Centre Attitude & Stocks of the Spare Parts....those taking the Test,need to use the Car at least 15,000-18,000Km Per Year..

• Praise 1

46 minutes ago, Nashaz said:

@Ct3833 

Sure, I understand where you're coming from, I love my cars and I'm from the technical side hence the cumulation of the details I've shared, though it takes much time to organize such a post and I don't do it often, 

And thank you for the kind words, and yes to TS as well, I omitted in my original post but this variant of the citroen although on paper is quite sound, it's best to be cautiously optimistic about this new model. I have the luxury of a backup car in case of emergencies, but if you solely rely on one vehicle, it's best to go for jap or Korean reliability and ease of upkeep in general like the others here have mentioned

maybe you can share what cars you have owned before. owned and not only driven. is this your 1st french?

4 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Singapore lack of Owners of all makes for Long Term Test,MyCarForum may consider offering willing Owners to do a Long Term Road Test up to 3 Years...The Test need to inc,Servicing Centre Attitude & Stocks of the Spare Parts....those taking the Test,need to use the Car at least 15,000-18,000Km Per Year..

i not sure if i want to take it up even if your pay me. 😄

i will buy a french only on this condition, that i get an equivalent replacement car every time it goes in for repairs. heck i'm even willing to pay a tad extra. ie if car price is 120K, maybe pay extra 2-3k.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

I still remember last time my kangoo radio reset. The battery was remove for repair, after that the radio got lockdown.

there is no way to unlock unless u got the code. And i need to call the kangoo AD for the code. I totally no ideal why the french come out with that 😂

4 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

i not sure if i want to take it up even if your pay me. 😄

i will buy a french only on this condition, that i get an equivalent replacement car every time it goes in for repairs. heck i'm even willing to pay a tad extra. ie if car price is 120K, maybe pay extra 2-3k.

Last time,my Friend also ask VW the same Question,but was turned down...VW only said,only under Leasing they can do this.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I still remember last time my kangoo radio reset. The battery was remove for repair, after that the radio got lockdown.

there is no way to unlock unless u got the code. And i need to call the kangoo AD for the code. I totally no ideal why the french come out with that 😂

theft of radios common in Europe

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

I concur with what you posted. 

I used to own a C4 of last 2 gen and yes, it does has its nitty gritty short comings. But nevertheless a fine car and less boring. 

I know someone who drives a pug for 6yrs with the pure tech 1.2L and all is good and happy with his purchase. 

Do I have faith in present French car, discounting Renault?? The answer is yes. 

maybe you can share what the nitty gritty are.

There were some in the VW camp who said that 100k km overhaul of piston and piston rings are acceptable wear and tear. 😁

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

41 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

maybe you can share what cars you have owned before. owned and not only driven. is this your 1st french?

For previous ownership:
- hyundai getz
- nissan latio
- subaru impreza (2010)
- chevrolet optra
- kia picanto (2007)
- chevrolet aveo
- kia cerato (2010)
- Hyundai Avante 2019
- Kia Cerato 2019

For long term observation and occasional driving (friends and family)
- VW passat (2014)
- toyota vios (2007)
- proton saga (2008)
- toyota altis (2013)
- skoda superb (2015)
- DS4 (2015)
- Renault kangoo (1997)
- volvo c30 (2010)
- Mercedes CLA180 (2013)
- Audi A3 (2013)

There may be a few more here and there but these are what I can recall from memory for the long term list,
The kangoo was a particularly interesting one because the vehicle itself outlived the young owner who very sadly, passed on due to health complications last year.
But yes, first ownership of a french car that I am cautiously optimistic about.

Edited by Nashaz
  • Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Nashaz said:

For previous ownership:
- hyundai getz
- nissan latio
- subaru impreza (2010)
- chevrolet optra
- kia picanto (2007)
- chevrolet aveo
- kia cerato (2010)
- Hyundai Avante 2019
- Kia Cerato 2019

For long term observation and occasional driving (friends and family)
- VW passat (2014)
- toyota vios (2007)
- proton saga (2008)
- toyota altis (2013)
- skoda superb (2015)
- DS4 (2015)
- Renault kangoo (1997)

There may be a few more here and there but these are what I can recall from memory for the long term list,
The kangoo was a particularly interesting one because the vehicle itself outlived the young owner who very sadly, passed on due to health complications last year.
But yes, first ownership of a french car that I am cautiously optimistic about.

hmmm... no toyota? 😄 the epitome of quality.

then maybe your tolerance of what constitutes reliability is higher.😁

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 1

@Mkl22 Actually while I agree with you on Toyota reliability but being indented for Singapore market but I wouldn't agree on epitome of quality (for its price segment)

The interior is disappointing when the price point is factored in and compared to other similar tier models (mazda) and a recent walkabout for their newer models (yaris cross / rav 4) was appalling. The yaris cross gearbox housing visibly deformed without much force and the rav4 aircon frames separated from its housing while adjusting without excessive force applied for example.  I would buy a toyota though if i was out of singapore because it becomes much more attractive from a price point perspective

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

maybe you can share what the nitty gritty are.

There were some in the VW camp who said that 100k km overhaul of piston and piston rings are acceptable wear and tear. 😁

gearshift pichak
Low temp sensor and fan 
thermostat housing and coolant pipe
air con condenser compressor

8yr old unit

• Praise 2

19 hours ago, shrjun said:

My car doesn't have any of these - haven't fallen off the road yet 🤣 . Personally wouldn't chose a car based on ADAS availability.

Hopefully one day friend skills will be like you. If only everyone can drive like you, we wouldn't have accidents on roads.

Even i myself who have been driving for years don't think i have skills like you. I prefer to have ADAS to have an extra eye to help me on the road. My friend shares the same view.

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Anderss said:

Hopefully one day friend skills will be like you. If only everyone can drive like you, we wouldn't have accidents on roads.

Even i myself who have been driving for years don't think i have skills like you. I prefer to have ADAS to have an extra eye to help me on the road. My friend shares the same view.

Since we don't know each other , I think I detect sarcasm 😃.

My personal tips while driving

1. Zero hp use.

2. Mirrors adjusted to minimise blind spots.

3. Turn head to look when lane changing.

4. Think ahead of  where I want to place the car on the road - a  ' racing line ' of sorts . 

5. Use my indicators ( This can be quite difficult as a BMW driver 🤭 )

6. A manual GB !

7. The best tyres that can be afforded and decent brakes.

8. Be aware of motorcyclists that can hide in the one left rear blindspot 😅.

ADAS can't replace being distracted or having poor driving habits  on the road. Electronics and AI isn't YET infallible.

• Praise 4

30 minutes ago, shrjun said:

Since we don't know each other , I think I detect sarcasm 😃.

My personal tips while driving

1. Zero hp use.

2. Mirrors adjusted to minimise blind spots.

3. Turn head to look when lane changing.

4. Think ahead of  where I want to place the car on the road - a  ' racing line ' of sorts . 

5. Use my indicators ( This can be quite difficult as a BMW driver 🤭 )

6. A manual GB !

7. The best tyres that can be afforded and decent brakes.

8. Be aware of motorcyclists that can hide in the one left rear blindspot 😅.

ADAS can't replace being distracted or having poor driving habits  on the road. Electronics and AI isn't YET infallible.

None intended. What i meant is, it is always good to have tech to help.  It never hurts to have a 2nd pair of eyes on the road. That is what technology is used for. It is not very expensive to have them anyway so why not. 

Edited by Anderss
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2