Kia Cerato Warranty Questions

hosw88

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Going to collect car soon. Some newbie questions.

1. Will the warranty void if I upgrade the kia dashcam to other brand with battery pack connected to fuse box from outside workshop?

2. Will the warranty void if I upgrade the car battery to higher capacity battery? Any recommended brand and workshop?

TIA

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, hosw88 said:

Hi all,

1. Will the warranty void if I upgrade the kia dashcam to other brand with battery pack connected to fuse box from outside workshop?

2. Will the warranty void if I upgrade the car battery to higher capacity battery? Any recommended brand and workshop?

TIA

Why ask anyone here when we are not the ones administering the warranty. 
You gonna tell C&C and say mkl22, say can one won’t Void. 😂

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

Neutral Newbie

I believe some of us here has the experience. Just to seek some opinion. SA told me will void if touch some wiring.

Edited by hosw88
Reply to msg

@hosw88 Camera,i doubt will Void Whole Car Warranty,but let say,the Wiring connect Wrongly,it Short the ECU or any Equipment,then that Part will be difficult to claim...Battery Wise,why need to change to a bigger one.?

Neutral Newbie
9 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Why ask anyone here when we are not the ones administering the warranty. 
You gonna tell C&C and say mkl22, say can one won’t Void. 😂

I believe some of us here has the experience. Just to seek some opinion. SA told me will void if touch some wiring.

Neutral Newbie
4 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

@hosw88 Camera,i doubt will Void Whole Car Warranty,but let say,the Wiring connect Wrongly,it Short the ECU or any Equipment,then that Part will be difficult to claim...Battery Wise,why need to change to a bigger one.?

I see. Thanks. Regarding the battery, i read some post that the stock battery capacity is small and it will be good to have a bigger capacity battery so that can power the equipment longer. Example dashcam in park mode etc...

8 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

@hosw88 Why not bring the Camera to C&C ask them fit for You.?Pay them the Labour.

Maybe can consider, but not sure if they do this.

@hosw88 You said your new Camera will have it's own Standalone Battery,so it should not use the Main Battery,anyway i tried on my Brother's 2013 K3,a bigger Battery does not mean it last longer,only about 15-17 Months Avg.

SA already gave you answer, then you want to hear us tell you otherwise meh?

If you worry about warranty, dont do. If die die want to do, get the SE to talk to the workshop to agree to help with all your desired mods first.

If sign liao then want to do, dont care about warranty liao.

• Praise 4

39 minutes ago, hosw88 said:

Basically you are asking the CnC folks - "If I get any unknown Tom, Dick or Harry to re-wire parts of the car to a 3rd party device bought from somewhere, can CnC help to take responsibility if something goes wrong?"

What do you expect them to say?

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, hosw88 said:

Hi all,

TIA

1) Your dash cam is wired to the battery pack and to the fuse box. There is no splicing of existing wires in the car so no issue. 

2) I suggest that you use the battery for a year or so. Dont waste it. You already so called paid for it. 

SA told me will void if touch some wiring.

I believe it is CANBUS system that a lot of cars use today. 

https://www.autopi.io/blog/can-bus-explained/

Like I said you are not splicing any wires. Anyway aftermarket installers know how it works and know what to do.

• Praise 2

https://www.cyclecarriage.com/sg/kia/warranty-guide/?acc=warranty_accordion_5

Under Warranty conditions, it says clearly that "Warranty does not cover (i.e. void) damages or malfunctions caused directly or indirectly by...." the keyword, for me, is CAUSED. The warranty should only be void if the damaged/malfunction was caused by your mod. They can't just void the whole warranty cos u changed a dash cam or God forbid, an LED bulb. I am a serial modder but never had any warranty disclaimed before. One of my cars, i changed to open pod, afermarket rims (different size), coilover, BBK, higher rated  battery, full ICE, etc also whenever anything was wrong they changed for me. 

If u ask SA they sure will say may void to cover their backside. At my recent servicing, I wanted to bring my own lubricant, he also say may void warranty. First time in my life i hear that use own EO also can void warranty. I doubt when push comes to shove, they will really void so easily. It will damage their reputations and sales also.

12 hours ago, hosw88 said:

I see. Thanks. Regarding the battery, i read some post that the stock battery capacity is small and it will be good to have a bigger capacity battery so that can power the equipment longer. Example dashcam in park mode etc...

The battery capacity is only relevant when u are using electricals when the engine is not running. Or if say, u are not going to use the car for a long period then a higher capacity battery won't go flat so fast. But once engine is running, the power comes from the alternator not battery. If you want to power ur dashcam longer when not in use, I would highly recommend getting those battery pack instead of hardwire to ur car battery. 

14 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

@hosw88 Why not bring the Camera to C&C ask them fit for You.?Pay them the Labour.

Doubt C&C or any AD would wanna touch any 3rd party self-supplied parts 

1 hour ago, Kar_lover said:

If u ask SA they sure will say may void to cover their backside. At my recent servicing, I wanted to bring my own lubricant, he also say may void warranty. First time in my life i hear that use own EO also can void warranty. I doubt when push comes to shove, they will really void so easily. It will damage their reputations and sales also.

If I were the AD, I will also void your warranty if you bring your own EO. How I know what is inside? How would I know if it is the wrong grade and cause irreversible wear and tear and eventual engine damage.

↡ Advertisement