New Taxes on Luxury cars!!

D3badge

37 minutes ago, D3badge said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/budget-2022-buyers-of-luxury-cars-to-pay-even-higher-taxes

so coming Wednesday COE up or down? 🤣🤣🤣

I think not much impact for above OMV $80,000 cars buyers 😭

From 180% to 220%

Where got effect?

That is like one KTV outing or one Flower Garland can cover liao.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 10

10 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

From 180% to 220%

Where got effect?

That is like one KTV outing or one Flower Garland can cover liao.

the consideration of the government is, while increase tax to collect more  money , the  increment must also not  drive away the interest of the ultra rich completely so that they will be willing to pay for it.  win-win. Gov wont do silly things anyway, they must have calculated how much more revenue they could collect from this group of cars after increasing their taxes

• Praise 11

9 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

the consideration of the government is, while increase tax to collect more  money , the  increment must also not  drive away the interest of the ultra rich completely so that they will be willing to pay for it.  win-win. Gov wont do silly things anyway, they must have calculated how much more revenue they could collect from this group of cars after increasing their taxes

Those newly immigrated rich that comes here. 

Doesn't even bat an eyelid on few $Ks for dining 

To come here their personal income tax rate is a lot lesser from many of the countries they came from. 

Local rich unlikely want to shift their assets overseas.

Then our expensive items are mainly cars and property. 

But this is a status symbol. 

Price matters ....Not value🤣

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 5

Actually this and the teeny increase in income tax for the very high income are just wayang shows to distract peasants from the real deal - GST increase

Smokescreen to let peasants think that G is focused on taxing the rich.

• Praise 6

16 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

To my earlier reply on KTV and flower garland......

The highest flower garland I've heard (No. I wasn't there or like to be in such venues) in one of the high profile KTV was $100k.

$2-10k was like everyday or every other day occurrences in such places.

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 4

1 minute ago, Atonchia said:

To my earlier reply on KTV and flower garland......

The highest flower garland I've heard (No. I wasn't there or like to be in such venues) in one of the high profile KTV was $100k.

$2-10k was like everyday or every other day occurrences in such places.

For Bentley Continental GT, the increase is about $90k.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

how many  new cars are actually above 80K OMV level though. Not that many I think.

other than S classes/ 7 series/ A8's/ Jaguar XJ's and their ( not so many)  japanese equivalents, Lexus LS460/LS 500

Left with  mainly with Porsches/ Maserati plus the range of Ferrari /Lamborghini/ Rolls Royce/Bentley/Aston martin

• Praise 7

26 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Actually this and the teeny increase in income tax for the very high income are just wayang shows to distract peasants from the real deal - GST increase

Smokescreen to let peasants think that G is focused on taxing the rich.

I wonder how much more luxury and property taxes they will collect vs the increase in GST. That will be telling if this is all wayang kulit.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

how many  new cars are actually above 80K OMV level though. Not that many I think.

other than S classes/ 7 series/ A8's/ Jaguar XJ's and their ( not so many)  japanese equivalents, Lexus LS460/LS 500

Left with  mainly with Porsches/ Maserati plus the range of Ferrari /Lamborghini/ Rolls Royce/Bentley/Aston martin

For the more common luxury car like 7 series and S Class, which average OMV is in the range of $100K - 110K, the extra 40% in ARF for >$80K OMV translate to $8K to $12K addition ARF, and after taking into consideration of the PARF rebate (@50% of ARF), it is really peanuts (no pun intended). 

For higher end luxury and sport car (each costing >$1mil), such as Bentley Continental GT, RR Cullinan, Ferrari F8, Roma, etc. where OMV range from $300K to $410K, the extra ARF will jack up the car price by merely 10% there about ($88K to $131K), but after considering the higher PARF, the net impact is again pretty insignificant. 

Yes, I agree with @t0y0ta that this is more of a distraction to draw attention away from the GST hike. 

• Praise 17
  • Haha! 3

7 minutes ago, Freeder said:

All wayang kulit…

Wu chee tax all the branded stuff lah..

This will be a game changer..

Be very specific what you want and wish for. They will say it's what you wanted. They sibeh tokong at doing that. 

Everything is branded leh, sony brand, akira brand, bedok zui kuay, blanco court kuay zhup, crocodile deh kor, panda canvas shoes, 666 stainless steel tih kong... allooooo.... 😬😒

GST cover everything liao.

• Haha! 6

11 minutes ago, Phluvcat said:

Be very specific what you want and wish for. They will say it's what you wanted. They sibeh tokong at doing that. 

Everything is branded leh, sony brand, akira brand, bedok zui kuay, blanco court kuay zhup, crocodile deh kor, panda canvas shoes, 666 stainless steel tih kong... allooooo.... 😬😒

GST cover everything liao.

Should be more specific.. luxury branded goods.. like LV , Chanel, Balanciaga , Rolex and etc.. all these are @RadX fav.. Always see him at Ion n MBS SHOPPES..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5