First time buyer looking to buy Avante / Elantra / Vios / Shuttle

Eklips

19 minutes ago, awhtc said:

If new, then the Shuttle is definitely worth more than the Vios.

Shuttle is uncle looking.  I'm not too familiar with Korean cars but the new Avante is more sports looking.

If you like to bring kids around, then Shuttle is useful due to the huge boot.  If not, Avante seems better if prices are comparable.

Ya. Shuttle boot space super big and ya I'm buying car so I can ferry my kid around.

But I'm wondering which one will be more attractive to buyer in the future?  

From other post, seems like avante is more popular. 

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, Eklips said:

Ya. Shuttle boot space super big and ya I'm buying car so I can ferry my kid around.

But I'm wondering which one will be more attractive to buyer in the future?  

From other post, seems like avante is more popular. 

Shuttle is a Honda.  Generally, 2nd hand car buyers go for Toyota or Honda, at least for uncles like me.

24 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Shuttle is a Honda.  Generally, 2nd hand car buyers go for Toyota or Honda, at least for uncles like me.

Noted. Is there anything i should take note from PI?

They offer 10 years or, 200k mileage warranty for engine and gearbox, 10x free servicing. In order to enjoy their warranty, must go back their workshop for servicing even after free servicing ends.

18 minutes ago, Eklips said:

Noted. Is there anything i should take note from PI?

They offer 10 years or, 200k mileage warranty for engine and gearbox, 10x free servicing. In order to enjoy their warranty, must go back their workshop for servicing even after free servicing ends.

Warranty can be tricky. Usually the workshop Jack's up the labour and parts price. In the end, you pay for it, if you are allowed to claim. I didn't have any issue with my Honda Shuttle for 3 years as it is quite reliable (hopefully remains so). 

As long as PI can immediately deliver, it should be fine. 

17 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Warranty can be tricky. Usually the workshop Jack's up the labour and parts price. In the end, you pay for it, if you are allowed to claim. I didn't have any issue with my Honda Shuttle for 3 years as it is quite reliable (hopefully remains so). 

As long as PI can immediately deliver, it should be fine. 

Noted, ya thats what i wary about with regards to the warranty thingy. 

May I know where u got your shuttle from?

Also, they provided 1.28% interest base on 40% DP by SCB.

Edited by Eklips

Just found out that shuttle is PI so its car system is in Japanese.

Is it something that will affect resale value?

Able to do trade-in in the future to AD or other dealer?

4 hours ago, Eklips said:

Noted, ya thats what i wary about with regards to the warranty thingy. 

May I know where u got your shuttle from?

Also, they provided 1.28% interest base on 40% DP by SCB.

My PI is no longer selling Shuttle...

40% down payment on about 110k is $44k and monthly installment is about $900 for 7 years 😅

58 minutes ago, Eklips said:

Just found out that shuttle is PI so its car system is in Japanese.

Is it something that will affect resale value?

Able to do trade-in in the future to AD or other dealer?

Singaporeans in generally like Made-in-Japan cars, so this is not an issue.

5 minutes ago, awhtc said:

My PI is no longer selling Shuttle...

40% down payment on about 110k is $44k and monthly installment is about $900 for 7 years 😅

Singaporeans in generally like Made-in-Japan cars, so this is not an issue.

Oh. Just wondering why your PI stopped selling? No good?

1 hour ago, Eklips said:

Low margin plus low volume (lack of coe) is bad business model

Need to move to higher margin car

• Praise 1

Test drove shuttle, raize and avante.

Personally like the avante driving exp but for family purposes I'm more into shuttle.

Contemplating between led and non-led shuttle.

Understand that led has headlights using led,additonal fog light,auto headlight and 8 air bags with additional 4k.

I think the non-led headlight can be change to led type easily. But what other other stuff, justify the cost?

On 2/26/2022 at 2:43 PM, Eklips said:

I estimated that they only made a few k from selling each Shuttle.  Moreover, clearing the paperwork with LTA was no joke as the delays could take months.  Mine was delayed by more than 6 months as LTA suddenly raised the OMVs.

They must have found selling higher margin cars and used cars more lucrative as COE rose.  Imagine taking in used cars near scrap value and keep for a few months to sell at higher prices as COE prices go up.  That's why you can see a very happy used car seller in this forum.

6 hours ago, Eklips said:

Test drove shuttle, raize and avante.

Personally like the avante driving exp but for family purposes I'm more into shuttle.

Contemplating between led and non-led shuttle.

Understand that led has headlights using led,additonal fog light,auto headlight and 8 air bags with additional 4k.

I think the non-led headlight can be change to led type easily. But what other other stuff, justify the cost?

The drive of Shuttle will always be poorer than sedans due to the extra weight of the boot and load at the rear.  You can feel it when you corner or going over a hump.

Mine is an LED version but only 2 air bags.  I find the brighter LEDs and auto headlights quite useful in my daily drives.

More air bags is definitely good but as long as you drive carefully defensively, keep a safety distance from the front car and within speed limit, you don't have to worry about the number of air bags.  Most Shuttle drivers are quite slow and careful on the road but careless when reversing.

$4k is not a lot to top-up but you can negotiate with PIs to throw in other freebies such as semi leather seats (~$800?), front and rear cameras (~$300?), one more car servicing (~$100?) and/or nicer alloy rims (~$400?).

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

The drive of Shuttle will always be poorer than sedans due to the extra weight of the boot and load at the rear.  You can feel it when you corner or going over a hump.

Mine is an LED version but only 2 air bags.  I find the brighter LEDs and auto headlights quite useful in my daily drives.

More air bags is definitely good but as long as you drive carefully defensively, keep a safety distance from the front car and within speed limit, you don't have to worry about the number of air bags.  Most Shuttle drivers are quite slow and careful on the road but careless when reversing.

$4k is not a lot to top-up but you can negotiate with PIs to throw in other freebies such as semi leather seats (~$800?), front and rear cameras (~$300?), one more car servicing (~$100?) and/or nicer alloy rims (~$400?).

I always thought hatchback is easier to reverse than sedan. 

Is yours the FL 2019 shuttle? 

All PI give 

1. Leathers seats

2.in car cam front n back

3. Reverse sensor + cam

4. Sports rim

5. 5 to 10x servicing ( maybe can try to ask throw in a few more if i confirm)

6. Solar film

7. Car mat

8. Android headunit

10. 5 to 10 year warranty. 

Edited by Eklips

Done some research on the workshop that the PI provided. Doesn't seem reputable create more problems than solving. 

How much discount should i be asking for if I were to omit the warranty and servicing from their package?

4 minutes ago, Eklips said:

Done some research on the workshop that the PI provided. Doesn't seem reputable create more problems than solving. 

How much discount should i be asking for if I were to omit the warranty and servicing from their package?

at least 3k.

Test drove HRV, vezel, City and jazz.

Now narrowed to vezel or shuttle liao. Hahaha

Hrv need wait till Oct.

1. Anyone got the PI to includes honda connect to control from the steering? This is by default not in package?

2. Any dealt with cars and stars or their workshop " level up performance garage" at woodlands before???

Any find forum review other than Google review. Their pricing quite attractive. 

↡ Advertisement