First time buyer looking to buy Avante / Elantra / Vios / Shuttle

Eklips

On 2/26/2022 at 1:38 PM, Eklips said:

Just found out that shuttle is PI so its car system is in Japanese.

Is it something that will affect resale value?

Able to do trade-in in the future to AD or other dealer?

There is nothing to worry about the car instrument cluster/system in Japanese.

All vehicles that was produced for the Japanese domestic vehicle market (JDM) comes with Japanese instrument cluster/system.

The user manual book that comes with the car is also in Japanese.

It will not affect the resale value.

Just look at the numbers of JDM cars on the road.

Here are some examples I can think off.

Honda Fit 1.3 CVT or 1.5 Hybrid

Honda Vezel 1.5 CVT or 1.5 Hybrid

Honda Grace 1.5 CVT or Hybrid

Honda Stepwagon Spada

Toyota Vellfire

Toyota Esquire/Noah/Voxy

Toyota Axio

Toyota Estima

Toyota Harrier

Toyota Mark X or Zio 2.5A

2003-2017 Toyota Wish 1.8X

2007 Nissan GTR 3.8A

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

When you sell to dealer JDM PI model they will say cannot pay you high as its not an AD model.

When you buy from dealer JDM PI model they will say sibei good Made in Japan!

:D

Since when a dealer will pay a PI model at AD price?

If got tell me which shop I sell him my trade in PI model someone part exchange with me.

On 3/2/2022 at 8:30 AM, Eklips said:

Noted. Thanks for the reply.

I'm going with either the vezel or shuttle now.

Both are good choices! Am personally driving shuttle now.

• Praise 2

(edited)

With the help of all forumers here and after speding the past 2 weeks reading numerous post here, i am thankful that i have managed to avoid trap from a dealer " C** C***** " (TOTAL TIME WASTER!!!) and signed on the dotted line with another dealer on the vezel 2021.

I will create a thread to bring awareness base on my encounter with the time waster dealer.

i will create another thread regarding this dealer after i have successfully collected my car. the dealer has been very friendly to all my queries and customized the deal to meet most of my demands (everything has been written down black and white). i have engaged about 10 other dealers and none of them are able to match it. Some say it's impossible to do. 

i have to admit, i am very difficult and demanding customer and at no point he show any signs of bad attitude, until now my feelings towards him were all positive!!!

i will definitely intro to anyone who is getting a PI car and i will also go back to him if i were to change mine in the future.

Wish me luck on getting my car by end of this mth after today's COE bidding. 😃

PS: this is base on my personal experience and feelings. i feel that it's good to bring awareness to all newbies like me when getting a car. 

DO NOT BELIEVE THE DEALER IF THEY SAY ALL CAN BE DISCUSS. MAKE SURE THEY ABLE TO MEET YOUR REQUEST FIRST, IF NOT DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM.

Edited by Eklips
  • Praise 8
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
3 minutes ago, Eklips said:

DO NOT BELIEVE THE DEALER IF THEY SAY ALL CAN BE DISCUSS. MAKE SURE THEY ABLE TO MEET YOUR REQUEST FIRST, IF NOT DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM.

excellent statement.

1 hour ago, Eklips said:

With the help of all forumers here and after speding the past 2 weeks reading numerous post here, i am thankful that i have managed to avoid trap from a dealer " C** C***** " (TOTAL TIME WASTER!!!) and signed on the dotted line with another dealer on the vezel 2021.

I will create a thread to bring awareness base on my encounter with the time waster dealer.

i will create another thread regarding this dealer after i have successfully collected my car. the dealer has been very friendly to all my queries and customized the deal to meet most of my demands (everything has been written down black and white). i have engaged about 10 other dealers and none of them are able to match it. Some say it's impossible to do. 

i have to admit, i am very difficult and demanding customer and at no point he show any signs of bad attitude, until now my feelings towards him were all positive!!!

i will definitely intro to anyone who is getting a PI car and i will also go back to him if i were to change mine in the future.

Wish me luck on getting my car by end of this mth after today's COE bidding. 😃

PS: this is base on my personal experience and feelings. i feel that it's good to bring awareness to all newbies like me when getting a car. 

i want to say congrats ..

i want to believe that you made it past the other not so good dealers to find a "good" one ..

and i dont want to throw cold water over you ..

but really until you get the COE and you get the actual car registered and transferred to your name, just hold the uncorking of the bubbly first ..

dont jinx it yet by counting on the COE and car before delivery .. cheers!

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

21 minutes ago, Mooose said:

i want to say congrats ..

i want to believe that you made it past the other not so good dealers to find a "good" one ..

and i dont want to throw cold water over you ..

but really until you get the COE and you get the actual car registered and transferred to your name, just hold the uncorking of the bubbly first ..

dont jinx it yet by counting on the COE and car before delivery .. cheers!

Thanks,  I wouldn't say the one I'm going to post is not so good, they are just bad as compared to the other 10 dealers. They can rank no.1 in terms of bad. Lol

Ya, that's y I say I will only post the dealer I signed with until successfully get the car. For now I just pray hard. Hahaha

• Praise 1

On 3/9/2022 at 11:17 AM, Eklips said:

Wish me luck on getting my car by end of this mth after today's COE bidding. 

so after all the black and white assurances hope you got your coe, let us know!

Get the COE then talk lah!

To me salesman is all talk

until the key is in your hand.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

40 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Get the COE then talk lah!

To me salesman is all talk

until the key is in your hand.

alamak why didnt he buy from the best honestest dealer in town i dont understand 😂😂

• Haha! 2

On 2/26/2022 at 8:45 AM, Eklips said:

Hi, I think u may have misinterpreted.

I meant that the shuttle is 2019 as there is no 2021 model. So im comparing the technology between a 2021 avante and a 2019 shuttle for the same price.

The PI has ready stock.

Anyways thanks for the tips on looking out for phv and suspension. 

If you have no strong preference between Avante and shuttle, my take is to buy an Avante from AD  to safe you from the potential risk  of dealing with PI. Dont judge a PI by how friendly, appear how trustworthy when talking to them, all of them are like that until your money is with them, some may change pattern once theyhave your mlney. I know my statement is  unfair to the PIs but you really dont know how your booking will turn out eventually. If you can afford to take the risk, then you can go ahead with PI. But make sure you engage  one with a credible history, dont go with them because they are the cheapest.

• Praise 3

Twincharged
22 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

If you have no strong preference between Avante and shuttle, my take is to buy an Avante from AD  to safe you from the potential risk  of dealing with PI. Dont judge a PI by how friendly, appear how trustworthy when talking to them, all of them are like that until your money is with them, some may change pattern once theyhave your mlney. I know my statement is  unfair to the PIs but you really dont know how your booking will turn out eventually. If you can afford to take the risk, then you can go ahead with PI. But make sure you engage  one with a credible history, dont go with them because they are the cheapest.

Deleted. Wrong post

Edited by Mkl22

On 3/12/2022 at 5:39 PM, Ct3833 said:

i was lucky my vincar deal was pretty good. If fact one of the best that’s available in 2019.

• Praise 3

Hi,

I am new to this group. Bought a car recently which is my first car,  Hyundai Avante CN7 2020 Model.

Hence to clear many doubts, I will post those here to clarify with members who are experienced and experts in this forum.

1.       Planning to install a dash cam (both front & back) for my Avante. Any recommended brands to suggest? Not so expensive ones, but best for the price.

TIA.

Cheers!

On 10/29/2022 at 7:28 PM, anandvijaynandhu said:

Hi,

I am new to this group. Bought a car recently which is my first car,  Hyundai Avante CN7 2020 Model.

Hence to clear many doubts, I will post those here to clarify with members who are experienced and experts in this forum.

1.       Planning to install a dash cam (both front & back) for my Avante. Any recommended brands to suggest? Not so expensive ones, but best for the price.

TIA.

Cheers!

simpliest is to bring to someone like autobacs and let them do everything for you ..

↡ Advertisement