2022 Volvo S60 Black Edition Debuts To Embrace The Dark Side

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

2022-volvo-s60-black-edition-side-view.j

Source: https://www.motor1.com/news/569280/2022-volvo-s60-black-edition/

Volvo is the latest automaker to go dark, and by that, we mean offering a special edition model festooned with all kinds of black trim. The Swedish brand doesn't pull any punches, either, choosing to call its newly darkened sedan the S60 Black Edition. Simple name, simple upgrades; hard to find fault with that.

As the name suggests, the S60 Black Edition wears plenty of black trim on the outside, starting with the grille surround and Volvo badging in the middle. Moving to the side you'll find black window trim and side mirrors, but the major update comes with the wheels. The Black Edition gets an exclusive set of 19-inchers with a gloss black finish, and there's more black trim at the back with the Volvo lettering on the decklid. Even the exhaust tips are blacked out for this special model.

Volvo doesn't mention any special updates for the interior, but the S60 Black Edition is offered in just two exterior colors. Crystal While Metallic offers a sharp contrast with the black trim, or for those who truly want the darkest Volvo of all time, Onyx Black Metallic creates a monochrome look. The Black Edition is purely an appearance package, so all the S60 mechanicals under the skin remain the same – a boosted 2.0-liter four-cylinder working with some measure of electric power that offers up to 415 horsepower (309 kilowatts) in range-topping PHEV trim.

"The design of the S60 Black Edition evokes a passionate response across the company," said Eric Beak, Volvo USA head of design. "We’re very proud that the Black Edition has been designed here in the US and will be built by our US team in South Carolina."

2022-volvo-s60-black-edition-front-view.

2022-volvo-s60-black-edition-rear-view.j

2022-volvo-s60-black-edition-front-clip.

Nice looking car thou. But walao eh, I canno tbuy a normal S60 and change out the rims and side mirror to black myself meh. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

looks exactly the same as a B4 r design, minus the black bits??

more differentiation between B8 and B4 will be better, if not people won't know i paid more $$$ on the B8 haha

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
22 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

more differentiation between B8 and B4 will be better, if not people won't know i paid more $$$ on the B8 haha

That's why i say I might as well buy a normal S60, then i koba edition myself. 😂

2 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

I prefer subtle look, thus always think BMW Alpina nicer than the M series….

thus I always debadge my car too like my nick 😂 think It has a cleaner look too 😁

Edited by D3badge

8 minutes ago, D3badge said:

thus I always debadge my car too like my nick 😂 think It has a cleaner look too 😁

cant disagree with you. but i thought a bit of differentiation would be better. imagine 318, 320, 340, m3 all look the same haha, apart from the badge

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

That's why i say I might as well buy a normal S60, then i koba edition myself. 😂

Lol....a regular S60 B4 R-Design juz add black rims oso can spawn a long article......

23 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

cant disagree with you. but i thought a bit of differentiation would be better. imagine 318, 320, 340, m3 all look the same haha, apart from the badge

Yes agree a little difference is needed if not that will be plain silly, just not too loud, like Alpina they are some difference with the normal BMW but not too dramatic like the M series 

but than different people different stroke no right or wrong. Some guy like boobs , some ass, some legs, some face 1st whichever make the consumer happy since it is the consumers paying for the car 😁

Edited by D3badge
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, D3badge said:

Yes agree a little difference is needed if not that will be plain silly, just not too loud, like Alpina they are some difference with the normal BMW but not too dramatic like the M series 

but than different people different stroke no right or wrong. Some guy like boobs , some ass, some legs, some face 1st whichever make the consumer happy since it is the consumers paying for the car 😁

the rims on alpina is a nightmare to clean!! im sure u agree with me haha

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

I wonder current S60 is it made in China.?

Made in the US and also Made in China. 

Singapore S60s are Made in the US, from Volvo's plant at Charleston. But not as if Made in the US is a big deal anyway. 

12 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Source: https://www.motor1.com/news/569280/2022-volvo-s60-black-edition/

Volvo is the latest automaker to go dark, and by that, we mean offering a special edition model festooned with all kinds of black trim. The Swedish brand doesn't pull any punches, either, choosing to call its newly darkened sedan the S60 Black Edition. Simple name, simple upgrades; hard to find fault with that.

As the name suggests, the S60 Black Edition wears plenty of black trim on the outside, starting with the grille surround and Volvo badging in the middle. Moving to the side you'll find black window trim and side mirrors, but the major update comes with the wheels. The Black Edition gets an exclusive set of 19-inchers with a gloss black finish, and there's more black trim at the back with the Volvo lettering on the decklid. Even the exhaust tips are blacked out for this special model.

Volvo doesn't mention any special updates for the interior, but the S60 Black Edition is offered in just two exterior colors. Crystal While Metallic offers a sharp contrast with the black trim, or for those who truly want the darkest Volvo of all time, Onyx Black Metallic creates a monochrome look. The Black Edition is purely an appearance package, so all the S60 mechanicals under the skin remain the same – a boosted 2.0-liter four-cylinder working with some measure of electric power that offers up to 415 horsepower (309 kilowatts) in range-topping PHEV trim.

"The design of the S60 Black Edition evokes a passionate response across the company," said Eric Beak, Volvo USA head of design. "We’re very proud that the Black Edition has been designed here in the US and will be built by our US team in South Carolina."

Really nothing significant at all. Go ah beng spray shop and ownself wrap also can right? 😁

• Haha! 3

7 hours ago, D3badge said:

Nice. Can you share why you went for the diesel over the B3? 

↡ Advertisement