Dream Cruises' World Dream to cease operations

Watwheels

Dream Cruises' World Dream to cease operations; company currently assessing its ability to offer refunds

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/dream-cruises-world-dream-cease-operations-company-currently-assessing-its-ability-offer

SINGAPORE - Dream Cruises' vessel World Dream, one of two ships that began cruises to nowhere pilots here in 2020, will cease operations after it returns to Singapore shores on Wednesday (March 2), with the operator saying it no longer has the financial capacity to keep it going.

One of my friend's parents just return from the cruise and tio C+ve. I think this might be one of the reasons they decided to wind it up. It is not news that a cruise ship is a hotbed for the virus to spread. If the virus is here to stay for a long time then the company must go. Sigh...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

It seems like some ppl made quite a lot of bookings. If you are one of them. Good luck. I hope you get your deposit s back.

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/man-fears-losing-6000-deposit-dream-cruises-world-dream-stops-sailing

A man who had plans to sail with Dream Cruises' World Dream now fears losing $6,000 in deposit after the ship ceased operations on Wednesday (March 2).

Speaking to Shin Min Daily News, the 40-year-old said that he had arranged to take his mother and friends on a cruise to nowhere for four days and three nights. The group of 10 were set to depart on March 20, but those plans have gone up in smoke.

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

It seems like some ppl made quite a lot of bookings. If you are one of them. Good luck. I hope you get your deposit s back.

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/man-fears-losing-6000-deposit-dream-cruises-world-dream-stops-sailing

A man who had plans to sail with Dream Cruises' World Dream now fears losing $6,000 in deposit after the ship ceased operations on Wednesday (March 2).

Speaking to Shin Min Daily News, the 40-year-old said that he had arranged to take his mother and friends on a cruise to nowhere for four days and three nights. The group of 10 were set to depart on March 20, but those plans have gone up in smoke.

$6,000 is for those who booked the Cruise,what about those Creditors like Fuel Suppliers,Food & Equipments Suppliers.?Those Debts could go into Millions.

• Praise 2

Dream Cruises' World Dream to cease operations; company currently assessing its ability to offer refunds

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/dream-cruises-world-dream-cease-operations-company-currently-assessing-its-ability-offer

SINGAPORE - Dream Cruises' vessel World Dream, one of two ships that began cruises to nowhere pilots here in 2020, will cease operations after it returns to Singapore shores on Wednesday (March 2), with the operator saying it no longer has the financial capacity to keep it going.

One of my friend's parents just return from the cruise and tio C+ve. I think this might be one of the reasons they decided to wind it up. It is not news that a cruise ship is a hotbed for the virus to spread. If the virus is here to stay for a long time then the company must go. Sigh...

The virus is here to stay definitely but the closure of the business is not linked to recent Covid cases. The parent company had already filed for liquidation in Jan 22. 

https://amp.scmp.com/business/companies/article/3163907/genting-names-liquidators-us278-billion-debt-triggered-bankrupt

• Praise 2

Going to miss the friendly and jovial crew.

The food at Umi Uma, Prime steakhouse and Palace restaurant is really not bad for the price we paid. 

27 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

$6,000 is for those who booked the Cruise,what about those Creditors like Fuel Suppliers,Food & Equipments Suppliers.?Those Debts could go into Millions.

The group's financial difficulties is well known in the market for a long long time, especially after filing for liquidation in January, if you still give long credit terms, you deserve to lose money. 

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Going to miss the friendly and jovial crew.

The food at Umi Uma, Prime steakhouse and Palace restaurant is really not bad for the price we paid. 

I was lucky to board it before covid

i am sure during covid the experience would have been diff

and if compare to RC i prefer RC lol. Dream cruise only good point maybe having chinese restaurant and water slides

the rest RC much better experience. I find dream cruise too niao ald lol

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I was lucky to board it before covid

i am sure during covid the experience would have been diff

and if compare to RC i prefer RC lol. Dream cruise only good point maybe having chinese restaurant and water slides

the rest RC much better experience. I find dream cruise too niao ald lol

Agreed.. for gambler they will prefer Dream..

I sailed on both Dream vessels for their inaugural voyage.. service sucks.. but maybe crews new too and need time for them to settle in

the niao part i totally agreed.. go where eat must swipe is a put off for me..

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Voodooman said:

The virus is here to stay definitely but the closure of the business is not linked to recent Covid cases. The parent company had already filed for liquidation in Jan 22. 

https://amp.scmp.com/business/companies/article/3163907/genting-names-liquidators-us278-billion-debt-triggered-bankrupt

Yet people still book after January? 

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

Only taken Genting Dream once before Covid started. My 1st time cruise in my life and also the last time with this company. The trip was not bad for the price we paid. Recently just checked out Royal Carribean online, the price for 2 rooms shocked me. 

2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Agreed.. for gambler they will prefer Dream..

I sailed on both Dream vessels for their inaugural voyage.. service sucks.. but maybe crews new too and need time for them to settle in

the niao part i totally agreed.. go where eat must swipe is a put off for me..

And theres no 24hr free food place unlike RC

and in dream cruise once lunch or dinner in restaurant, u cant go another restaurant. But in RC u can dine in few free restaurants in one meal. So very niao indeed those dream cruise. 

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Only taken Genting Dream once before Covid started. My 1st time cruise in my life and also the last time with this company. The trip was not bad for the price we paid. Recently just checked out Royal Carribean online, the price for 2 rooms shocked me. 

Pricing wise about the same i would say but RC has better experience and service

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Yet people still book after January? 

Err....i think the cruise was supposed to operate for another few more months but they may have ran out of money. 

They are living day by day and probably paying everything on close to cash terms and if booking can't cover cost with Omicron, guess their demise timeline gets accelerated. 

16 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Err....i think the cruise was supposed to operate for another few more months but they may have ran out of money. 

They are living day by day and probably paying everything on close to cash terms and if booking can't cover cost with Omicron, guess their demise timeline gets accelerated. 

And i doubt ppl will get back their refund unless their real parent company go pay off 

maybe they sell the ships but still need pay back the loan and creditors too. Whats left for passengers…

• Praise 1

Just need to tong for a few more months.

China tourists coming

when they remove their zero Covid policy.

:D

Supercharged
9 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

And i doubt ppl will get back their refund unless their real parent company go pay off 

maybe they sell the ships but still need pay back the loan and creditors too. Whats left for passengers…

I also think the passengers won't get their money back, just like when Robinsons closed shop. 

Supercharged

Arhh??.....No more "Dreaming"......😁

It helped many travel deprived locals to get off the island for a while. (May be beneficial to our mental health. 😨 )

• Praise 1

If the cruise owner goes into liquidation, a ticket refund will be ranked together with other liabilities.

Since ticket refund is unsecured, it is likely to be at the bottom.

If that boat is sold, there might be chance that there will be a refund.

↡ Advertisement