Lexus CT200h Going Out Of Production In Japan, Gets Special Edition

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

lexus-ct200h-cherished-touring-edition-f

Source: https://www.motor1.com/news/571275/lexus-ct200h-production-end-japan-cherished-touring-edition/

We would forgive you for forgetting about the Lexus CT because there's not much memorable about it, but the hybrid hatchback is finally going out of production in Japan in October 2022. To mark the retirement, Lexus is building a final special edition that it calls the Cherished Touring.

The Lexus CT200h Cherished Touring edition is available in two exclusive color schemes. There is a Sonic Titanium roof and a Graphite Black body or a Sonic Titanium roof and Sonic Quartz white body. Regardless of the shade, the spindle grille, fog light surrounds, and rear bumper trim have a shiny, silver finish.

lexus-ct200h-cherished-touring-edition-t

The other extra amenities include electrically retracting, heated door mirrors and rain-sensing windshield wipers. 

Inside, the Cherished Touring edition has two-tone upholstery that makes the lower portion of the seats and door panels black and the upper parts dark red. There's matching red stitching on the door trim, instrument panel, knee pads, and steering wheel. The model comes standard with heating for the steering wheel and seats.

Like every example of the CT200h, power comes from a 1.8-liter four-cylinder that makes 98 horsepower (73 kilowatts) and 105 pound-feet (142 Newton-meters) of torque by itself. The electric motor contributes 80.5 hp (60 kW) and 153 lb-ft (207 Nm). Lexus' Japanese site for the CT200h doesn't list the total system output, but the specs suggest it's the same 134 hp (100 kW) from other markets

The CT200h Cherished Touring edition retails for 4,223,000 yen after taxes in Japan ($36,580 at current exchange rates).

Spoiler

lexus-ct200h-cherished-touring-edition-s

lexus-ct200h-cherished-touring-edition-b

lexus-ct200h-cherished-touring-edition-r

lexus-ct200h-cherished-touring-edition-i

This is how a 2011 Lexus CT200h looks like.

2011-lexus-ct200h.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

lexus-ct200h-cherished-touring-edition-f

Source: https://www.motor1.com/news/571275/lexus-ct200h-production-end-japan-cherished-touring-edition/

We would forgive you for forgetting about the Lexus CT because there's not much memorable about it, but the hybrid hatchback is finally going out of production in Japan in October 2022. To mark the retirement, Lexus is building a final special edition that it calls the Cherished Touring.

The Lexus CT200h Cherished Touring edition is available in two exclusive color schemes. There is a Sonic Titanium roof and a Graphite Black body or a Sonic Titanium roof and Sonic Quartz white body. Regardless of the shade, the spindle grille, fog light surrounds, and rear bumper trim have a shiny, silver finish.

lexus-ct200h-cherished-touring-edition-t

The other extra amenities include electrically retracting, heated door mirrors and rain-sensing windshield wipers. 

Inside, the Cherished Touring edition has two-tone upholstery that makes the lower portion of the seats and door panels black and the upper parts dark red. There's matching red stitching on the door trim, instrument panel, knee pads, and steering wheel. The model comes standard with heating for the steering wheel and seats.

Like every example of the CT200h, power comes from a 1.8-liter four-cylinder that makes 98 horsepower (73 kilowatts) and 105 pound-feet (142 Newton-meters) of torque by itself. The electric motor contributes 80.5 hp (60 kW) and 153 lb-ft (207 Nm). Lexus' Japanese site for the CT200h doesn't list the total system output, but the specs suggest it's the same 134 hp (100 kW) from other markets

The CT200h Cherished Touring edition retails for 4,223,000 yen after taxes in Japan ($36,580 at current exchange rates).

Reveal hidden contents

lexus-ct200h-cherished-touring-edition-b

lexus-ct200h-cherished-touring-edition-r

lexus-ct200h-cherished-touring-edition-i

This is how a 2011 Lexus CT200h looks like.

2011-lexus-ct200h.jpg

Huh?? U mean this underwhelming model still around? Thot it gone extinct together w the dinosaurs long long time ago. No wait....thot it was extinct even b4 the dinosaurs....

• Haha! 4

8 minutes ago, Soya said:

Huh?? U mean this underwhelming model still around? Thot it gone extinct together w the dinosaurs long long time ago. No wait....thot it was extinct even b4 the dinosaurs....

If dinosaurs use battery I will believe you.

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

OMV $36,000..selling Hmmm at least $220,000..

for a 12-15 years old chassis? hahahaha.

My euro R better. got double wishbone and LSD. hehehe

• Praise 3

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

for a 12-15 years old chassis? hahahaha.

My euro R better. got double wishbone and LSD. hehehe

Euro R of Course a better Car...this CT200h is about good FC...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Ppl know that it is a dressed up Prius with a cherry on top. Got money also wont waste time on it.

worse, isnt it based on a previous gen prius? already outdated drivetrain/battery technology inside?

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, ER-3682 said:

Euro R of Course a better Car...this CT200h is about good FC...

oh. then i want a CT200h. Cannot afford ron 98 liao. 😭

Now i go petrol station, my hand will shake, my heart will skip a bit, my wallet will have a hole to it. 😿

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
Just now, kobayashiGT said:

oh. then i want a CT200h. Cannot afford ron 98 liao. 😭

Now i go petrol station, my hand will shake, my heart will skip a bit, my wallet will have a hole to it. 😿

You are not the only one..shake head & hand when go in a Petrol Station nowadays.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Soya said:

I sat in one before, It is really good if you do not ferry people at the back. The space at the front 2 seat is so good. My friend who drives a Prado got this to use it to send his kid to school. Save money on petrol too

• Praise 1

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I sat in one before, It is really good if you do not ferry people at the back. The space at the front 2 seat is so good. My friend who drives a Prado got this to use it to send his kid to school. Save money on petrol too

Ahemm....ur fren sounds like a toyota fanboi. Got $$ oso got better ways to spend it mah....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

You are not the only one..shake head & hand when go in a Petrol Station nowadays.

I thinking to shake my butt and see if i can get a discount anot. hahahaha. But better not lah. I scare my butt got hurt by the petrol gun after that. 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
55 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Maybe I go rent one to drive before it goes extinct.

↡ Advertisement