Need help with water trapped in my headlight lamp cover. Anywhere to get it fix?

shutterbox

(edited)

drill a small hole at the btm😂

( its impossible to remove those droplets )

or spend some money and replace the whole thing

Edited by Beregond

Twincharged

Here is what I did for my rear lights in my ex Mazda. Remove the whole light.
try to shake out whatever water i could. Hang it under my Aircon in my bedroom. Let the dry air remove the remaining moisture. I did it for 2 days. 

use black silicone. Dow Corning 791 or 688. I only believe in industrial external wall silicone. To silicone the edges all round. 
let the silicone dry for 12hrs. 
Reinstall. Never leaked again. 

• Praise 8
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Is your car pretending to be a Porsche? It's normal to see Porsche headlights with plenty of condensation inside. 

OK Mkl22's suggestion is good. For lazy ones maybe try to use a wet vacuum attached to skinny tube to suck out the water without removing the headlights, and silicon at least top and perhaps sides if you can get to it. 

Bake under sunlight for next few days but you can continue to drive. 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

I see aftermarket light bulbs. Did you remove the dust cover?

The dust cover is to prevent the heat from the engine bay from entering into the headlight casing. If the air in the casing is hot meet with outside air which is cool....condensation lo.

How to remove the water you have to remove the assembly and drain the water. After that just use a hair dryer and blow the inside dry.

Previously my car was using halogen bulb. It produces a lot of heat actually. During cold weather I can see condensation. Then I went to use aftermarket LED bulb, not bright one and install. It produces less heat. No more condensation. The pole light I also use LED. The colour I use is 4200K, a bit yellowish. Keep low profile.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 6

2 hours ago, shutterbox said:

Bottom right. 

Any shop that can get that water out? 

IMG_20220305_101955.jpg

Those headlight restorers like Dr. Glass can probably remove the plastic lens from the bucket as they do painting of the intervals. Might as well give them cataracts (no matter how lightly oxidized) while you’re at it 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Common problem for the Allion headlight. 

Find a workshop that can replace the rubber seal of the headlight.

Supersonic

Take it out, bring it home.

Try aiming a hairdryer at the holes, after taking out the bulb.

• Praise 1

I will use a syringe n a flexible tube to try extract out the water. 

Then leave the socket open n suntan (when available) for 1 afternoon to evaporate the rest of the water. 

I had a similar water vapour incursion issue with my Vios headlight early this year.  But my headlights were also a bit yellowed as they were > 10 years old.

So I bought a new pair of headlights for $60 each and installed at $40 each.  I also DIY coated the transparent plastic with 9H sealant i.e. about $100 x 2 = $200 to settle for a full fix.

DIY fixing a leaky headlight may not be straightforward as it could involve removing the bumper (in my case).

• Praise 2