COE Bidding – March 2022

Carbon82

Turbocharged

Should be lower this round for the following reasons:

1. Technical adjustment (jump a lot last round)

2. Uncertainty due to ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine

3. Oil price shooting through the roof

4. Stock market seems to be entering bear mode

5. Some Cat B buyers might push back their purchase waiting for their car to become cat A

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

That's MAY le

Still those with outstanding Cat A orders will wanna clear before new population of car come to compete for the same tiny COE quota

• Praise 1

COE is coated with 金钟罩, protected by 铁布衫, vaccinated until 万毒不侵. 

it will either jog up, run up or sprint up... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Turbocharged

Aiyah, now I think Russians and Ukrainians stuck in Singapore will start to buy COE liao. More join in and COE goes up further. Haha

• Haha! 1

On 3/6/2022 at 7:37 PM, Jamesc said:

I sold a lot of cars and I always deliver for my customers.

I will bid $100k if I need to just to secure the COE.

My reputation is on the line.

:D

image.png.6e6f6b5051d1c8cbc3531c17a71c2b60.png

Good seller….question ah…when you do your price calculation for the sales quotation, how much COE did you assume you are going to secure for your customers?  $93k, $99k or $1xxK?  😉 

2 minutes ago, F10_Blackhawk said:

Good seller….question ah…when you do your price calculation for the sales quotation, how much COE did you assume you are going to secure for your customers?  $93k, $99k or $1xxK?  😉 

This is the big secret . How else does PML always have a guaranteed COE.The SE told me that they have never failed to secure a COE.

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, shrjun said:

This is the big secret . How else does PML always have a guaranteed COE.The SE told me that they have never failed to secure a COE.

It doesn’t take an Einstein to know that since day 1, the dealer would already have budgeted a much higher coe premium in their price calculations. If COE is at last bid level, no worries, within profit margin, secure the coe.  If COE drop but still above rebate level (this is another scam term but its for another day haha), best, can even earn from COE and from selling new car.  If COE rise c/w previous round, it depends how desperate to secure the sale and if its still below the assumed COE used in the price calculations, never mind can still secure for customer.  The only time when dealer will not secure the coe…is when it rises so high until its beyond the budgeted max COE premium….then they will either ask customer to top up or they will look into their open CAT secured from previous rounds (usually at lower level), If I’m a car dealer…this is what I would do….😘

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

That's MAY le

If I’m the dealer and I already have cars or on the way from factory , would I bid now and secure the code with lesser competition or wait till CAT A EVs come into the ring and fight with me later on? I wonder…..

15 minutes ago, F10_Blackhawk said:

If I’m the dealer and I already have cars or on the way from factory , would I bid now and secure the code with lesser competition or wait till CAT A EVs come into the ring and fight with me later on? I wonder…..

For CAT A, I will not worry about EV.

There are no BRANDED EV

More EV cars will join Cat A COE, spike in Cat A? 

Will high fuel cost dampen Cat B cars demand? 

Lets see later ... 

Twincharged
13 minutes ago, Yongwd said:

More EV cars will join Cat A COE, spike in Cat A? 

Will high fuel cost dampen Cat B cars demand? 

Lets see later ... 

This COE Price..most Cat B COE fell to expensive Cars...Petrol not a concern.

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

Aiyah, now I think Russians and Ukrainians stuck in Singapore will start to buy COE liao. More join in and COE goes up further. Haha

Pay with what? Ruble ah? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7