Possible to do On-Arrival ART at Changi Airport after clearing Immigration

teomingern

Hello,

Just wanted to find out if anyone has tried this before:

I will be landing at Terminal 3 and checking the CTC/QTC list at the MOH website, it seems that that is a Raffles Medical clinic at Terminal 3 that does the ART OAT. I was wondering if I could just cross over and do my ART OAT and then clear it, then go home... just want to cut the hassle of having to go to another place with my kids in tow to get the ART OAT done.

CTC = Combined Test Centre

QTC = Quick Test Centre

OAT = On-Arrival Test

ART = Antigen Rapid Test

I found the clinic location here. I'm wondering if this clinic is accessible to the public and serves the public at all. I remember taking my wife for a consultation at a Raffles Medical Clinic some years back during one of our trips... not sure if it's the same one... Do let me know if I am barking up the wrong tree... thanks!

https://www.gowhere.gov.sg/testcentres?result=819645&status=success

↡ Advertisement

I would say, the fact this one is B2 level, it should be accessible to the public as it won't be on airside.

Thanks... The question is now moot... And I haven't even taken my trip yet... Hopefully the pre-departure testing will also be lifted...

15 minutes ago, Cosmicclaw said:

Do returning Singaporeans have to take any pre-departure test at overseas country before boarding aircraft? 

yes.

(edited)
20 hours ago, Cosmicclaw said:

Do returning Singaporeans have to take any pre-departure test at overseas country before boarding aircraft? 

Yes confirmed must... minimum is a professionally taken ART... hoping that this will be scrapped in two weeks' time when it is clear that it doesn't matter anyway...

EDIT: the above for air travel into Singapore... not applicable only for land travel via Malaysia-Singapore land border checkpoints...

Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Yes confirmed must... minimum is a professionally taken ART... hoping that this will be scrapped in two weeks' time when it is clear that it doesn't matter anyway...

EDIT: the above for air travel into Singapore... not applicable only for land travel via Malaysia-Singapore land border checkpoints...

The rules keep changing and can be confusing. MoH now allows for Tele ART for incoming passengers https://www.moh.gov.sg/docs/librariesprovider5/covid19_test_providers/list-of-approved-art-providers-for-remote-supervised-self-swab-for-overseas-travellers-(21032022)be25c3dd64474005acbfbae1ad93f2fe.pdf

On the list you see many European and Middle Eastern countries but yet most Asian countries are not included. Strange Malaysia is deemed safe enough for open travel but yet not included in MoH's approved list.

3 hours ago, Cosmicclaw said:

The rules keep changing and can be confusing. MoH now allows for Tele ART for incoming passengers https://www.moh.gov.sg/docs/librariesprovider5/covid19_test_providers/list-of-approved-art-providers-for-remote-supervised-self-swab-for-overseas-travellers-(21032022)be25c3dd64474005acbfbae1ad93f2fe.pdf

On the list you see many European and Middle Eastern countries but yet most Asian countries are not included. Strange Malaysia is deemed safe enough for open travel but yet not included in MoH's approved list.

Yeah that's my beef...  the reason for allowing tele-ART is cos of difficulty getting a test that's professionally done and accepted by MOH, and actually it's harder to get a test done in some ASEAN countries... so tele-ART is not allowed for these countries whereas it's easier to get it done in Europe & North America yet tele-ART can be accepted for these countries... very strange... perhaps they're considering removing this pre-departure test into Singapore very soon... so no point updating for all countries...

• Praise 1

On 3/29/2022 at 3:21 PM, teomingern said:

Yeah that's my beef...  the reason for allowing tele-ART is cos of difficulty getting a test that's professionally done and accepted by MOH, and actually it's harder to get a test done in some ASEAN countries... so tele-ART is not allowed for these countries whereas it's easier to get it done in Europe & North America yet tele-ART can be accepted for these countries... very strange... perhaps they're considering removing this pre-departure test into Singapore very soon... so no point updating for all countries...

Likely they will monitor for 2 weeks to a month. If Covid numbers are not significantly higher than pre opening, then changes may be made.

9 hours ago, Cosmicclaw said:

Likely they will monitor for 2 weeks to a month. If Covid numbers are not significantly higher than pre opening, then changes may be made.

I sure hope so... flying in a few days' time... would be great if by the time I return, the pre-departure test is scrapped...

↡ Advertisement