Parliamentary Circus Acts [part 1]

kobayashiGT

Turbocharged
57 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Siew Dai is for ole ppl la

🤣

wah piang. i did not know I was already old when I was 40 years old. 😆 kosong has been my default for hot drinks and soya bean milk for many years.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Sdf4786k said:

Let’s not give them any ideas… all road leads to Rome.. all curbs leads to tax.. if kanna sugar tax of 80% then siao liao.. 

I am actually ok with a sugar tax because I can see how addicted we (of any nationality, of any country) are addicted to sugar. If sugar consumption can reduce, we will have more farm land freed up for other better crop planting to feed the world population. Will lead to reduced strain on healthcare services too.

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Why not propose reduce GST? Waste time on the BBT.

I would say to concentrate on the geni co efficient n how to improved it

Supercharged

Why so many joker MPs speaking in parliament recently? So many "food for thought" ideas recently ah? Is it we are paying too much for these MPs? 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
37 minutes ago, Beregond said:

what about your home. did u change to brown sugar?😁

My home dont have sugar, whether it is white or brown. I use honey if i want to add sweetness to my food. 😂

• Haha! 1

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

I am actually ok with a sugar tax because I can see how addicted we (of any nationality, of any country) are addicted to sugar. If sugar consumption can reduce, we will have more farm land freed up for other better crop planting to feed the world population. Will lead to reduced strain on healthcare services too.

If only that was true, the premedical exam would have disqualified many who are addicted to sugar from been hired already… 

Edited by Sdf4786k

Is sugar in BBT unhealthy? Yes

Is the solution proposed effective? Hell no people will just find another poison

Is this worth spending parlimentary air time on? NO

Why no one want to focus on curbing the sale of alcohol. People have cabinets of the stuff at home. 

• Haha! 3

didnt know pap is full of ccp members now... already control littering, spitting, cars..  controlling people on sugar, pets, bbt... soon will be kpop, gaming and degree expiry.. 

ccb pap ccp

• Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, Ganwb79 said:

Is sugar in BBT unhealthy? Yes

Is the solution proposed effective? Hell no people will just find another poison

Is this worth spending parlimentary air time on? NO

Why no one want to focus on curbing the sale of alcohol. People have cabinets of the stuff at home. 

whats the problem with collecting more money?

38 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Ban cigarettes first before banning unhealthy food.  Or is the tobacco duties too precious to forgo? 

whats the problem with collecting more money? lol

Supercharged

BBT is indeed poison in disguise.

It will be good to discourage it, similar to us regulating opium or smoking.

HWZ/EDMW are many youngsters who love BBT so naturally they are opposing.

But ultimately this is to me, similar to smoking regulation.

Just do it. Either slap a sugar tax or just prevent BBT licensing for newcomers.

42 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Ban cigarettes first before banning unhealthy food.  Or is the tobacco duties too precious to forgo? 

Unhealthy food has more consumers.

3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Wa piang eh. no wonder the people always say PAP is a dictator's party. You suka suka you wanna curb the opening. Where got logic???

You limit the number of BBT shop, you will only benefit those that are still in operations. I suspect she have relatives open LIHO or gong cha one.

I have a better approach.

No more 100% sugar for BBT, then can only choose no sugar or 25% sugar.

And instead of using cane sugar, use other healthier alternative. Like stevia.

And you make all sgActive Gym free lah. you ask ppl to pay for gym pass or BBT,what will they choose leh?

If all things fail, then you dictate us like during my navy days must down 1 full bottle of water before 5bx. You drink until full liao, where got space to drink BBT.

For the drinking part, even worse. Hello, we adult liao leh. You still wanna pok pok us? Drinking is bad? not exactly. You don't drink doesn't mean we cannot have such social activity mah. Everything also curb, make our electricty free lah! then we stay home watch netflix all day. :grin:

I nag only. hahaha. No hard feelings. 🤣

PAP wansui! 

Haha you make gym free some idio... I mean intelligent MP will come out and say peasa...people won't value it and will abuse it if it's free. 😁

I also want a playbook I can spout nonsense from repeatedly while earning millions. 😂

• Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Haha you make gym free some idio... I mean intelligent MP will come out and say peasa...people won't value it and will abuse it if it's free. 😁

I also want a playbook I can spout nonsense from repeatedly while earning millions. 😂

You have la.

But you refused it

🤭

• Haha! 2