Nearly 2,000 HDB car parks to have at least 3 EV charging points each by 2025

zipping

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

but if we are charged according to time. wouldnt you remove the car?

I've never read up about EV charging but do all batteries charge at the same speed? I know my phone and my wife's phone do not charge at the same speed.

Electricity will always be charged based on units (is it kW?).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged
6 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

I've never read up about EV charging but do all batteries charge at the same speed? I know my phone and my wife's phone do not charge at the same speed.

Each car/battery will charge differently, based on

-chemistry/design

-effectiveness of cooling/heating system

- current ambient temperature

In fact, the charging speed also depends on the current state of charge, for example

- when low % but not zero, will charge faster

- when near full, usually after 80% speed will drop off like a cliff 

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Each car/battery will charge differently, based on

-chemistry/design

-effectiveness of cooling/heating system

- current ambient temperature

In fact, the charging speed also depends on the current state of charge, for example

- when low % but not zero, will charge faster

- when near full, usually after 80% speed will drop off like a cliff 

Applied to DC charger.  However, it may not apply to our DC50Kw charger till 90%

11 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Different speeds. Some cars like Porsche Taycan can take up to 200+kW charging speed while others are lower (100+kW). Also depends on the charger speed too.

• Praise 1

Imho, a hybrid system of charging (pun intended) the EV driver should make it fairer and deter charger hogging.

1st stage: charge by kilowatt. The more power you draw, the more you pay. Fair to drivers driving ioniq to taycan. 

2nd stage (kicks in when the EV is 90% full): most EV will slow down the charging to protect the battery when it hits 90%. After 90% is achieved, it will be time based. The longer you hog, the more you pay in tiered escalation. 

I am sure these EV chargers can be programmed and are smart enough to institute the above measure. 

At one of e mscp in sembawang estate. Lots wasn't marked (as in painted on e road surface like handicap lots), oni hav e signage above as in pix. Did not take pix of all 3 lots cos hav a lorree parked at e last lot.

IMG_20220613_094705_DRO.thumb.jpg.3fdc55717c0b3becbab97573ec38f633.jpg

IMG_20220613_094738_DRO.thumb.jpg.2d6b7c6332181d88aa03cdcaf45ddca5.jpg

IMG_20220613_094727_DRO.thumb.jpg.53ec42baa36a7c7767e5f010bf218deb.jpg

• Praise 1

On 6/1/2022 at 12:14 PM, Vratenza said:

Imho, a hybrid system of charging (pun intended) the EV driver should make it fairer and deter charger hogging.

1st stage: charge by kilowatt. The more power you draw, the more you pay. Fair to drivers driving ioniq to taycan. 

2nd stage (kicks in when the EV is 90% full): most EV will slow down the charging to protect the battery when it hits 90%. After 90% is achieved, it will be time based. The longer you hog, the more you pay in tiered escalation. 

I am sure these EV chargers can be programmed and are smart enough to institute the above measure. 

To me its damn sad that humans cannot be nice to fellow humans until some form of punishment is meted out for being "un-nice"

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Genes said:

To me its damn sad that humans cannot be nice to fellow humans until some form of punishment is meted out for being "un-nice"

you say leh...

clean-tables-poster.thumb.png.806ebe25b6f83d09e4704e2b7ca5bf30.png

• Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, zipping said:

Total 2 machine to charge ev, ea machine hav 2 charging terminal.

IMG_20220613_113615_DRO.thumb.jpg.1087d972600662f04f0ff44a47012013.jpg

IMG_20220613_113711_DRO.thumb.jpg.1d14eca100b5e97f2255ae0972eb6cce.jpg

6kW charger... not too bad.

Car will need to plug in overnight if low in battery

Turbocharged

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/forum-tag-certificate-of-entitlement-ownership-to-drivers-not-cars

Straits Times Letter of the Day - Mon 13 Jun 22:

Tag certificate of entitlement ownership to drivers, not cars

Car owners are being encouraged to exchange their internal combustion engine vehicles for electric vehicles which are more fuel-efficient and less pollutive.

However, many owners are still hanging on to their inefficient combustion engine vehicles. It seems counter-intuitive, but this could be due to extremely high certificate of entitlement (COE) prices.

COEs were introduced as a means of limiting car ownership and controlling the number of vehicles on our roads.

However, by tagging them to the physical vehicle, we are severely limiting the COE scheme's purpose and reach. The authorities should look into decoupling the COE from the physical vehicle and tagging it instead to the car owner.

If the current system is tweaked, the owner of an existing combustion engine vehicle could easily replace it with an electric vehicle, and take advantage of the advances in vehicular technology to drive a vehicle that is more environmentally friendly and not dependent on petrol.

The replacement electric vehicle could then be used for only the remaining duration of the original COE. There would be no net increase in vehicles, as this would simply be a one-for-one replacement.

As vehicle owners delay the process of upgrading their cars, the vehicular population here ages and we continue to rely on costly and inefficient fuels like petrol and diesel. ..........................................................

I am in no hurry😀

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Camrysfa said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/forum-tag-certificate-of-entitlement-ownership-to-drivers-not-cars

Straits Times Letter of the Day - Mon 13 Jun 22:

Tag certificate of entitlement ownership to drivers, not cars

Car owners are being encouraged to exchange their internal combustion engine vehicles for electric vehicles which are more fuel-efficient and less pollutive.

However, many owners are still hanging on to their inefficient combustion engine vehicles. It seems counter-intuitive, but this could be due to extremely high certificate of entitlement (COE) prices.

COEs were introduced as a means of limiting car ownership and controlling the number of vehicles on our roads.

However, by tagging them to the physical vehicle, we are severely limiting the COE scheme's purpose and reach. The authorities should look into decoupling the COE from the physical vehicle and tagging it instead to the car owner.

If the current system is tweaked, the owner of an existing combustion engine vehicle could easily replace it with an electric vehicle, and take advantage of the advances in vehicular technology to drive a vehicle that is more environmentally friendly and not dependent on petrol.

The replacement electric vehicle could then be used for only the remaining duration of the original COE. There would be no net increase in vehicles, as this would simply be a one-for-one replacement.

As vehicle owners delay the process of upgrading their cars, the vehicular population here ages and we continue to rely on costly and inefficient fuels like petrol and diesel. ..........................................................

I am in no hurry😀

Huh? Pegged to original COE?? If ICE car 9.5 yr old n change to new Tesla, it only has 6 mths lifespan b4 scrap?

5 minutes ago, Soya said:

Huh? Pegged to original COE?? If ICE car 9.5 yr old n change to new Tesla, it only has 6 mths lifespan b4 scrap?

Ya lo make no sense.

Or he thinking COE like passport, just renew when expire whether you have car or not. 🤔

On 6/13/2022 at 9:40 PM, Soya said:

U prefer rebate for big family?