Executive Condo Trends.. Is it still affordable?

Madz

6 hours ago, Watwheels said:

I thought ECs are all built in the North? Oh so now got some in Tampines and BBW.

To me all very far away especially those in the North. 

i had to think for a short while - BBW is big breasted woman

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 7

3 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Parents cash rich?

Maybe young people made a killing from crypto?

money-stack.gif

I guess so too... there's some lucky ones who make quick $$$ fr crypto.... but there are really alot of cash rich people in Singapore... $$$$$

Turbocharged

its more difficult to qualify EC than private. the loan rules follow hdb. 30+% MSR

but then i now know IT interns are being offered 5k / mth to be interns.... so cheap to them lah

if land price is 600+ expect the selling price to be at least 1500 psf. construction materials, labour and even fuel price up..

14 hours ago, KAGI said:

Good info! 👍 from the website, the Tengah EC (https://executivecondolaunch.com/tengah-ec/) looks interesting now, only EC in the west after so many years... ECs are always in Punggol/Sengkang, Tampines and the north areas... compare Tengah and BB, guess once Tengah one launch, roughly can estimate how much BB will cost, Tengah land cost is so much lower. Current ECs already in the range of $1150-1250psf...

$1150psf will be history.... The upcoming North gaia EC at Yishun think min $1250psf average if you want to get reasonably good facing units.... 🤔 and the location is just average.... should attract the upgraders in the area 🤷‍♂️

30 minutes ago, Madz said:

$1150psf will be history.... The upcoming North gaia EC at Yishun think min $1250psf average if you want to get reasonably good facing units.... 🤔 and the location is just average.... should attract the upgraders in the area 🤷‍♂️

yup its pretty mad. But 1km within chongfu. lol.

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

yup its pretty mad. But 1km within chongfu. lol.

Ah That maybe makes a difference... within 1 km to good school does help... no wonder $12xx psf min.... 

On 3/10/2022 at 4:53 PM, Madz said:

Ah That maybe makes a difference... within 1 km to good school does help... no wonder $12xx psf min.... 

On 3/10/2022 at 11:59 AM, Madz said:

Yeah ec prices will get more expensive for subsequent new launches because of the higher land cost. However that ec in yishun is really the ulu part of yishun and I think that will be the worse performing ec in years to come.

Neutral Newbie
On 3/26/2022 at 8:24 AM, camrysfe said:

Yeah ec prices will get more expensive for subsequent new launches because of the higher land cost. However that ec in yishun is really the ulu part of yishun and I think that will be the worse performing ec in years to come.

I doubt it will be the worst performing EC 😜 because existing EC already no more stock... sure have ppl buy before you need buy at even higher prices down the road! Provence Residences left last few units and Parc Greenwich also left about 15 units 😱 Upcoming one only left North Gaia before all eligible buyers bite the bullet and consider the Tengah one.... unless the Tengah prices is pretty close to the yishun one.. i'll def buy Tengah haha!  

On 3/26/2022 at 9:05 AM, Lala81 said:

I saw the FB ad for this.

starting from
1.15 mil for 3 bedder
1.55 mil for 4 bedder

Should be pretty squeezy

Looking at the sizes of the units... if $1.15m will be starting fr $1200psf.... i guess there's only afew of such units bcoz Provence is already selling at $1150-1200psf for 900 odd sqft size during launch

On 4/4/2022 at 8:07 PM, KAGI said:

I doubt it will be the worst performing EC 😜 because existing EC already no more stock... sure have ppl buy before you need buy at even higher prices down the road! Provence Residences left last few units and Parc Greenwich also left about 15 units 😱 Upcoming one only left North Gaia before all eligible buyers bite the bullet and consider the Tengah one.... unless the Tengah prices is pretty close to the yishun one.. i'll def buy Tengah haha!  

Looking at the sizes of the units... if $1.15m will be starting fr $1200psf.... i guess there's only afew of such units bcoz Provence is already selling at $1150-1200psf for 900 odd sqft size during launch

Yishun north Gaia is cheap compared to yet to be launched ec, but expensive compared to those ec launched in 2020-2021...

and those ec launched in 2020-2021 will enter the resale market together with north Gaia. It is up to the market to price the future selling prices years down the road...

Neutral Newbie
On 4/9/2022 at 10:27 AM, camrysfe said:

https://mothership.sg/2019/05/new-mrt-line-whampoa-serangoon-north/

this north Gaia ec is reviving talks about the new mrt line which seems to pass by that ulu section of Yishun. 

Wow but this one is only feasibility study only 😅 for it to confirm and if really will have a station at the forested area of sungei bongsu is a long long way to go! Even if really strike lottery think the line will not be completed so soon since govt now doing the cross island line....

Neutral Newbie
On 4/4/2022 at 8:07 PM, KAGI said:

Tomoro is the price release for North Gaia EC!!!! Pretty excited how the price will be like... hopefully developer dont be too greedy 🤔 cashflow will be a problem.....

Clutched

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-estate/ec-north-gaia-moves-nearly-27-per-cent-of-units-on-launch-weekend

North Gaia at Yishun only 26% sold on launch day... average $1300psf, guess the price and location doesnt fit well for most buyers eventhough it's the first and only EC available on the market now. For the price point maybe Tengah Garden EC might be worth the wait.... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1