Recruitment of nurses

Wind30

Was in CGH yesterday afternoon cos my Mom fell; Ambulance came within minutes (great kuddos to them) the Welcome at A&E ...... OMG..... like as if a disaster had struck with bumper to bumper bed jam....... They apparently have opened the second floor now to A&E patients which seems recent (like this month only) ; Was kinda lucky she was out within 4 1/2  hours; I hear horror news of people stuck there upto 7-8 hours   

I again salute the Staff who keep their sanity going         

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

If the better qualified nurses have a bigger calling than just hospital work and follow doctor's orders, I am all for their upskilling. With our ageing population, there will be more need for home visits by qualified nurses just to do preliminary healthcare, preventive healthcare and follow-up. Nurses can tend to the chronic/long-term sick follow-up either at home or the polyclinics. 

Save the doctors for the more serious cases that need diagnosis and sophisticated treatment. At the eye clinic I go to as an example, the nurses do all the prelim work like run my eye tests and take measurements. The eye doc sees me at the last 20 mins to examine my eye after all the test data is in. Then prescribe treatment. The ratio of nurse work to doc work is 5:1. I think this is the right way forward. Deploy the scarce doctors for work that really need their training and expertise. 

50 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Was in CGH yesterday afternoon cos my Mom fell; Ambulance came within minutes (great kuddos to them) the Welcome at A&E ...... OMG..... like as if a disaster had struck with bumper to bumper bed jam....... They apparently have opened the second floor now to A&E patients which seems recent (like this month only) ; Was kinda lucky she was out within 4 1/2  hours; I hear horror news of people stuck there upto 7-8 hours   

I again salute the Staff who keep their sanity going         

Speedy recovery to your Mom.

Indeed the situation A&E now is really OMG, no proper place for bed and people go to A&E all got stuck there without having a proper place to wait for ward bed etc. So now really must take care and dont ended up go hospital. Wonder if the situation is the same in private hospital?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

They are A level students who either have a calling to be a nurse or who couldnt get into Uni. Previously, those A levels were pursuing Diploma in Nursing at Poly. Now they are under SIT

The xmm student nurses I interacted with were from NYP nursing diploma on their 2nd year (final year) uni degree course.

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Speedy recovery to your Mom.

Indeed the situation A&E now is really OMG, no proper place for bed and people go to A&E all got stuck there without having a proper place to wait for ward bed etc. So now really must take care and dont ended up go hospital. Wonder if the situation is the same in private hospital?

tks bro ....... if not serious just go to polyclinic or pte clinic in neighbourhoods (wont cost like $138   @  A&E and kenna traumatized)...... but accidents  or sudden breathing problems .....no choice leh (especially with elderly... need to Xray/ CatScan....etc) 

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

tks bro ....... if not serious just go to polyclinic or pte clinic in neighbourhoods (wont cost like $138   @  A&E and kenna traumatized)...... but accidents  or sudden breathing problems .....no choice leh (especially with elderly... need to Xray/ CatScan....etc) 

Ya lo, if really no choice or if have any emergency cases, then still must go A&E. If not that serious or have other choice, better dont go. Looks like the chaotic situation in A&E now very diffcult to resume back to pre-covid days.

So who said degree not important. Not to discourage upgrading skills and knowledge, similar recognition should also given to nurses with many years experiences and performing many different tasks. Technical nursing degree? 

3 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Thanks for the new thread :grin:, was trying to reduce threads.

you dun kanasai lah....at least find a PROPER and relevant thread...wtf u put under 'shoot doctor and nurse' thread

at least use common sense in rightSiting....

• Haha! 5

22 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

MOH recruitment should be  from Nihon mah 

My friend says one 

images.jpeg

I am afraid with nurses like her, patients might find excuses to prolong the stay...😁

• Haha! 2

45 minutes ago, RadX said:

you dun kanasai lah....at least find a PROPER and relevant thread...wtf u put under 'shoot doctor and nurse' thread

at least use common sense in rightSiting....

Sorrie sorrie :XD:

• Haha! 3

I don't undetstand why the nurrse who is married to a Singaporean has been rejected 8 times her application for PR? She would have been luckier if she were to come under CECA. Unfortunately she is from the northern side.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1