2’s company: BMW Singapore’s 2-Series lineup now complete with the 2-Series Coupe and Active Tourer’s arrival

Mockngbrd

img_20220311_103941-1.jpg

img_20220311_103941-1.jpgWith the arrival of the BMW U06 2-Series Active Tourer and G42 2-Series Coupe, BMW Singapore has now completed their local lineup of 2's which quite interestingly also means that the 2-Series now has the most versatile mix of cars on offer.

With a choice of a front-wheel-drive 4-door sedan with the Gran Coupe, a front-wheel-drive MPV with the latest Active Tourer or the brand new and sublime rear-wheel-drive 2-door Coupe.

img_20220311_101005.jpg

For the latest 2-Series Active Tourer, a model that with its first-generation successfully introduced an entirely new segment of owners to the marque, BMW have incorporated the bold aesthetic flourishes of its more premium siblings into its exterior design.

img_20220311_114643.jpg

With the prominent kidneys, slim tapered headlights, clean-cut side surfaces and increased rake on the windscreen eschewing a sportier visual dynamic over the outgoing model to pair with its significantly improved cabin ambience.

For the local Singapore market, there will be two 218i variants available both powered by BMW's B38 TwinPower Turbo In-line three-cylinder, the Luxury line and M sport. With the M Sport featuring not just key visual enhancements but also adaptive M suspension with frequency-selective damping and a 15-millimetre drop in ride height. Whilst the price of the M Sport variant has yet to be announced, do expect it to command a slight premium over the Luxury line's S$220,888 pricetag (S$229,888 for the higher-specced Launch Editions).

Both 218i Active Tourers sit on BMW's UKL2 platform which it shares with the 1-Series hatchback and 2-Series Gran Coupe, so expect this little MPV to serve up a class-leading driving experience.

There's no news yet on whether the 225e or 230e PHEVs will be coming to our shores but with the local authority's continuous push towards electrification, we wouldn't be too surprised if they eventually make their way over.

img_20220311_114355.jpg

Of course, the star of the day belonged to the 2-Series Coupe, the most BMW of BMWs available for sale today. Compact, agile, usable and capable of delivering plenty of smiles per mile, the 2-Series Coupe is quite simply the embodiment of everything enthusiasts love about BMWs. Having driven one in Germany a few months ago, I'm already smitten.

img_20220311_120057.jpg

img_20220311_115323.jpg

For the Singapore market, two distinct variants will be available, the flagship and very lovely M240i xDrive powered by BMW's venerable 3-litre Twinpower Turbo'd B58 Straight-Six in B30O1 guise pumping out a stomping 382 horses and juicy 500Nm of torques, and the entry-level 220i with a 2-litre Twinpower Turbo inline-four B48 producing a still respectable 184 horses and 300Nm of torque.

Unfortunately, there's also no news yet on whether the middle ground 230i (with its updated 248hp B48) will make it here but from what we gather, don't get your hopes up.

img_20220311_115813.jpg

The price of entry for the new 2-Series Coupes starts at S$257,888 for the 220i and S$$349,888 for the M240i xDrive. Better start saving then.

*Prices are accurate as of 10 March 2022 and are inclusive of COE.

img_20220311_114407.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

30 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

The 2 ladies very nice.

How do u guys see through the masks?

Masks are the new wonder bras. Look nice when on but you start wondering when they are off.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 13

29 minutes ago, Invigorated said:

How do u guys see through the masks?

Masks are the new wonder bras. Look nice when on but you start wondering when they are off.

Don't think so much. With mask on looks nice means nice. Without mask on is another topic. Lol.

Edited by Stratovarius

Mindblowing prices - $220 + K for a 3 cylinder FWD MPV ' BMW ' . So close to the price of the last gen M135i 🤨.

We really enjoy getting chopped.

• Haha! 4

I actually find the styling of the Active Tourer better and more resolved than the Coupe. 

Never would I expect to say this myself but the proportions of the Coupe seems a bit off... 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Vegas said:

this is one confused car manufacturer...

RWD Coupe, FWD Grand Coupe, FWD MPV => all 2 series.

Exactly,when i changed to F22 M240i,i told my Friends i changed to 2 Series,my Friends all ''Errrie'',ask me why i bought a ''Van'',later when they saw my Coupe,then they knew is a nice & powerful Sports Car.

• Haha! 3

On 3/11/2022 at 9:35 PM, shrjun said:

Mindblowing prices - $220 + K for a 3 cylinder FWD MPV ' BMW ' . So close to the price of the last gen M135i 🤨.

We really enjoy getting chopped.

Cos the 1st $100k is for COE...and likely there is $30k+ profit inside as well so that they can use it to give you discount/overtrade later on. Effective price likely to be less than $220k for now.....unless COE cocntinues its rise...

Edited by Kar_lover
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kar_lover said:

Cos the 1st $100k is for COE...and likely there is $30k+ profit inside as well so that they can use it to give you discount/overtrade later on. Effective price likely to be less than $220k for now.....unless COE cocntinues its rise...

Interesting.it's right on the cusp on Cat B . I'm guessing that this time around there won't be many people buying either this or the 1 series unlike the last few years when they were selling like hotcakes together with the  F20 116d . The last few pieces of the 116d went for around $ 11x k.

Why would overtrade be counted into the price when it just goes into the loan amount ? They could theoretically give you 100 % overtrade ! and make a whole b.ttload of money in interest . 

Edited by shrjun

12 minutes ago, shrjun said:

Interesting.it's right on the cusp on Cat B . I'm guessing that this time around there won't be many people buying either this or the 1 series unlike the last few years when they were selling like hotcakes together with the  F20 116d . The last few pieces of the 116d went for around $ 11x k.

Why would overtrade be counted into the price when it just goes into the loan amount ? They could theoretically give you 100 % overtrade ! and make a whole b.ttload of money in interest . 

Some AD use the term "overtrade" when they mean discount. Not the kind of overtrade you are referring to where it is used to get higher loan. Their overtrade is like if you have car to trade in, they jack up the trade in value by $20k but your loan amount remains the same. To what i know, C&C uses this for MB.

Overtrades is one of the most powerful tools in car sales and marketing. Make the rich think that their rides worth a lot more when buying a 3 point star, and allow the poor to own their dream car easier with inflated loan... 

@Kar_lover my uncle is one of those who firmly believe that he got the bestest trade-in price in Singapore, and has been a loyal customer of C&C since 1998...

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Some AD use the term "overtrade" when they mean discount. Not the kind of overtrade you are referring to where it is used to get higher loan. Their overtrade is like if you have car to trade in, they jack up the trade in value by $20k but your loan amount remains the same. To what i know, C&C uses this for MB.

4 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Overtrades is one of the most powerful tools in car sales and marketing. Make the rich think that their rides worth a lot more when buying a 3 point star, and allow the poor to own their dream car easier with inflated loan... 

@Kar_loveras @Carbon82said.There is no reason for them to give you $30k extra for your old car without it going into the loan. There is also no reason for the AD to call it an overtrade when obviously the word Discount sounds better than overtrade IMO.

↡ Advertisement