Sheng Siong CEO Wakes Up Early To Man Pork Counter At Supermarket

Fitvip

49 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Workers would respect him as a CEO who knows the business from the ground up, not just parachute into the boardroom and don't know the nitty gritty ops details. You cannot BS him.

Nowadays too many upper management with "helicopter view" , details are too small to see

Parachuting is an exclusive tool for the privilege. Happens in public office and definitely in the private sector, where a lot of such upper management got their positions through network (aka backdoor). How many truly work their work up from knowing the ground and how many base on own merit? It all starts from young right, first stop in getting into elite or "branded" schools (really base on own results or via alumni/affiliation backdoor).  What is there to complain about.

• Praise 1

Very respectable this. A big difference from those bosses who talks and orders only. This type should be able to appreciate and understand any difficulty faced by the staff, and hopefully will treat them well... Now we know why SS gave big bonuses.

oh, but hor... apart from this "positive" news about SS, got heard some "negative" one too leh. And it's also regarding pork... 

• Praise 1

SS no need to publicity stunt lah!

SS stunned the public already!

:D

Remember this?

Sheng Siong to reward staff with up to 16 months’ bonus after ‘tremendous’ performance in 2020.

I see 16 months’ bonus I already stun like SS veg.

image.thumb.png.3af4b9e50de0f43a6a02a2a67ce20025.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 5

But I have also heard from a few locals whom I deliver grocery ration to each month.

One tried very hard to apply for delivery driver / store jobs but always not selected. He had the feeling they there are some racial and nationality discrimination from the hiring managers. Many who aren't local and likes to hire MY.

I will always try to diffuse situation, saying maybe it's the working culture that created a certain preference.

One had a kid with some issue so need to have an adult at home at anytime, so he was looking at flexible hours from Sheng Siong. 

But eventually not hired. 

Luckily he managed to find work as a driver for another SME that can accommodate to his circumstances. 

From my own observation after hearing the words of the local guy.

There seems to be a certain preference in their hiring practices.

Disclaimer: I love SS.

But there's no smoke without fire. Hiring practice should go beyond race, colour and culture. Also to cater to family with special needs.

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

But I have also heard from a few locals whom I deliver grocery ration to each month.

One tried very hard to apply for delivery driver / store jobs but always not selected. He had the feeling they there are some racial and nationality discrimination from the hiring managers. Many who aren't local and likes to hire MY.

I will always try to diffuse situation, saying maybe it's the working culture that created a certain preference.

One had a kid with some issue so need to have an adult at home at anytime, so he was looking at flexible hours from Sheng Siong. 

But eventually not hired. 

Luckily he managed to find work as a driver for another SME that can accommodate to his circumstances. 

From my own observation after hearing the words of the local guy.

There seems to be a certain preference in their hiring practices.

Disclaimer: I love SS.

But there's no smoke without fire. Hiring practice should go beyond race, colour and culture. Also to cater to family with special needs.

I am sure a company that values workers and can pay huge bonus when it is merited, will have no shortage of applications from job-seekers and thus can have their pick of the best candidates.

• Praise 7

28 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I am sure a company that values workers and can pay huge bonus when it is merited, will have no shortage of applications from job-seekers and thus can have their pick of the best candidates.

Picking the best is always right.

However when the scale is national level. Need to ensure national interest too.

Putin also give a lot leeway to those that stand on his side.

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2

5 hours ago, Tohto said:

A butcher might not be everyone trained. You need to know how to cut it.

The boss started by owning a store selling pork in AMK.

Yeah, he used to be selling pork.

Internal Moderator
16 hours ago, Tohto said:

Ask NTUC CEO go man the Fairprice pork counter 😂😂😂🤣🤣

make sure the weighting scale is calibrated hor. 🤣

• Haha! 7

11 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

make sure the weighting scale is calibrated hor. 🤣

I believe he will give more than is weighted lah.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

SS no need to publicity stunt lah!

SS stunned the public already!

Remember this?

Sheng Siong to reward staff with up to 16 months’ bonus after ‘tremendous’ performance in 2020.

I see 16 months’ bonus I already stun like SS veg.

image.thumb.png.3af4b9e50de0f43a6a02a2a67ce20025.png

The act of SS willing to give even his general staff up to 5 months of bonus speaks volume of the company culture. How many companies in SG are willing to give 5 months to their lowest rank worker? 

• Praise 5

(edited)

@Rayleigh They also give bonus to their temp staff, which is unheard of!

As for hiring culture, I don't what/how is theirs. The basic principle should be those who can contribute to the company. Their are not running a welfare org or so called social enterprise! Even social enterprises are looking for contributors!

I did come across Viet cashiers at their one of their stores, so did NTUC.

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 3

15 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

@Rayleigh They also give bonus to their temp staff, which is unheard of!

As for hiring culture, I don't what/how is theirs. The basic principle should be those who can contribute to the company. Their are not running a welfare org or so called social enterprise! Even social enterprises are looking for contributors!

I did come across Viet cashiers at their one of their stores, so did NTUC.

Chio right? 😁

That’s why you noticed.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 5

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Chio right? 😁

That’s why you noticed.

Average lah! I noticed her not because she was chio, it was the way she spoke!😬 Otherwise she looked Chinese!

Edited by Fitvip
  • Haha! 2

CEO that is hardworking and skilled?

Good ones so hard to find. So few of them.

Most lousy CEOs all say - I worked so hard to be CEO,

carried so many balls and stabbed so many backs

I just want to relax and take big big salaries.

• Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Average lah! I noticed her not because she was chio, it is the way she spoke!😬 Otherwise she looked Chinese!

Sure bro…[grin]

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

CEO that is hardworking and skilled?

Good ones so hard to find. So few of them.

Most lousy CEOs all say - I worked so hard to be CEO,

carried so many balls and stabbed so many backs

I just want to relax and take big big salaries.

Stark diff between a hands on CEO & Highly Educated CEO …

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5