BYD Seal Atto 4 electric sports sedan

Fitz4i

BYD is a strong EV player these days. Their flagship Han is selling like hot cakes. Other than EVs, their hybrid are also very impressive. With a new 1.5 Turbo hybrid engine, can achieve 0 to 100 in 3.7s, claimed to deliver 1000km mileage. Good stuff really.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 6

5 hours ago, Fitz4i said:

IMG_20220316_082831.thumb.jpg.d8e93fa74f16b168768d55b9cfeaa981.jpg

IMG_20220316_082850.thumb.jpg.a1ad828d7f1127a1b37c41f71319e261.jpg

https://thedriven.io/2022/03/15/byd-seal-atto-4-electric-sportscar-to-rival-tesla-model-3-confirmed-for-australia/amp/

China doing what they do best, copying

According to the source, this can do 0-100 in 3.9 s

This time, especially BYD, they need not copy because they hired ex-Mercedes and ex-Audi designers and engineers for the styling, suspension for ride and handling job.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

Why does anyone want to copy a tesla design? Sounds like lazy writing.

The best tesla cars are just plain Janes, vanilla ice cream. And some look like dog poop.

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 9

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

The best tesla cars are just plain Janes, vanilla ice cream. And some look like dog poop.

Only Model S looks OK. The rest like melted poo. 

Cybertruck is not out so count that out. 

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Doesn't this look like a model 3?

9 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

BYD is a strong EV player these days. Their flagship Han is selling like hot cakes. Other than EVs, their hybrid are also very impressive. With a new 1.5 Turbo hybrid engine, can achieve 0 to 100 in 3.7s, claimed to deliver 1000km mileage. Good stuff really.

So BYD for budget buyers BYD Seal for their premium range?

2 hours ago, Fitz4i said:

So BYD for budget buyers BYD Seal for their premium range?

BYD has got a variety of range from small hatch, MPV, to mid size, and premium, not to mention a couple of SUVs targeting different categories of customer. Their Han model can be considered as their flagship which is a premium model. 

Seal which is targeting Tesla model 3 is a rank below the Han. Can consider it as an mid executive model.

Edited by Heartbreakid

Facelifted BYD Han DM-i

Side track abit to BYD Han. The facelifted model had just been launched. Apparently there are two variant, DM-i and DM-p. Both are 1.5 Turbo Hybrid models but the DM-p bias towards performance and 0 - 100km/h is stated to take only 3.7s. Have to wait for actual POV reviews to find out more. Some Audi DNA can be seen, especially the headlights and grille and some S-class DNA in the interior because ex-Audi and Mercedes designers now work for BYD.

Edited by Heartbreakid

No problems between Aussies n China govt with respect to cars?? ……. Tot there was a tit for tat mudslinging trade war brewing for quite a while ??

Any price reference for Singapore? Atto3 already almost SGD180k,AUD200k in Singapore. I am sure Atto 4 will cost more than quarter mill in Singapore. 

I think the Seal will be very very attractively priced, i don't think it will be priced near a Tesla equivalent , else it won't sell.

Typical of BYD, their prices have quite consistently been on the value for money side of things.

23 minutes ago, Hayhay88 said:

@Heartbreakid is Han available in Singapore? 

Han is on a older platform and BYD has said they would find it hard work to fit it for RHD, so probably not.